MovieMocs

[MOC] Scarif Battle Scene {12000 parts+}

Hello everyone,

So I haven't been active for the last 6 months, mainly because I've been working on this. For my first Large Scale Diorama, I decided to build Scarif from Rogue One. My goal was to make it as movie accurate as possible while still adding in a little fun so I hope I succeed. This MOC is built on 4, 48x48 base plates (2x2) making it 3x3 feet. I started this project in January, unable to see the end, yet here I am. Most of the parts were bought off of Bricklink and Brickowl and cost about $900 in total. I don't have an exact piece count but there are 5600 trans-blue round studs and probably just over 12,000 parts in total. I have spent 6 months building this so I would love some feedback, comments and what to improve for my next big build. Thanks so much,

MovieMocs   

If you're looking for more pictures, here's the Flickr Album: https://www.flickr.com/photos/152950154@N05/albums/72157699670821685

41947329270_7695eb36f7_b.jpg

43755723491_7a6aeede88_b.jpg

43039851304_e439881ee7_b.jpg

43755721701_9d149f6225_b.jpg

43039847524_649516c157_b.jpg

29884906758_a417a898ce.jpg      29884907518_d1412a8651.jpg

41947325750_1d879beb9e.jpg      41947303170_18c0866bda.jpg

Edited by MovieMocs

Really good build! Captures the diorama of scarif perfectly :wink:

Perhaps include another shot on the back of the build? (the base where the stormtroopers come out from)

Edited by JarJarBonks

Looks really good, but deserve more pictures :classic: - Would like to see more of the base in the background .... 

This is sick. Has anyone tried using the nougat colour for the AT ACT side panels? Orange seems a bit too bright

9 hours ago, JarJarBonks said:

Really good build! Captures the diorama of scarif perfectly :wink:

Perhaps include another shot on the back of the build? (the base where the stormtroopers come out from)

Thanks man! I just posted more pics, as well as the Flickr Album.

8 hours ago, Fonne said:

Looks really good, but deserve more pictures :classic: - Would like to see more of the base in the background .... 

I just added some more pics and I'll be sure to take some background shots this week.

8 hours ago, LEGODrongo01 said:

This is sick. Has anyone tried using the nougat colour for the AT ACT side panels? Orange seems a bit too bright

hmm...I don't know...I haven't seen it done but I might try that out in the future. The color is a bit more expensive but there's not much of it so maybe :)

Edited by MovieMocs

The more one looks at it...the forcefully ejected U-wing pilot and the smoke coming from the engine. Nice little touches, love this piece of art.

9 minutes ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

The more one looks at it...the forcefully ejected U-wing pilot and the smoke coming from the engine. Nice little touches, love this piece of art.

Thanks man! It's nice to see that someone noticed all the little details I tried to add in :) I also added the shattered windshield on the u-wing if you look closely. It was actually my friend who stated this after I put a actual Lego trans-cockpit piece on the U-wing, my friend said "Wait...if it crashed this hard would the glass really still be intact?" I'm like..."Woah..."

Thanks again :)

Also, Just wanted to give a shout out to my 2 friends Franklin and Brodey for giving me a huge hand on this MOC. They also lent me some of their figs and base plates so thanks guys!

This is an amazing build. I love a the little details. The splashes of water where the shadow troopers are walking are pretty fresh :) I also love the U-wing pilot in distress. All around solid MOC m8.