brickie

Harry chased by Hungarian Horntail

I was inspired by the plane chase mechanism on jk brickworks so I attempted the chase scene in 'Goblet of Fire'.

After many attempts, Harry has taken to the skies again with the HH dragon in hot pursuit.

This is part of a large collaborative build which will be displayed at the BrisBricks Expo in early October.

28289491398_ac49403cb4_z.jpg32368857_1932006000195537_6762108364655689728_n by Russell Bates, on Flickr

Edited by brickie

I wish we could get a closer look, looks fantastic! I like how harry wobbles a little bit, it makes him look a bit more like he's flying.

Nick, here is a view from behind the display. Thanks for the positive remarks.

Edited by brickie

12 hours ago, Black Numenorean said:

Impressive work.

I hope to see more pictures of it!

Thanks BN.

I have ordered some trans clear liftarms for the dragon; hopefully they won't be as obvious as the current ones.

Edited by brickie

You've got a cool setup there, but I wonder how easy it would be to adjust the mechanism so that Harry is the one who moves sideways first.  Right now the horntail moves one direction, then harry immediately gets in front of it.  If he's trying to evade the dragon, shouldn't it be the other way around? 

15 hours ago, The Stad said:

I wonder how easy it would be to adjust the mechanism so that Harry is the one who moves sideways first.  

Thanks for the constructive comment. They are out of sync when you look closely. I will try and change it when I have to pull apart the bit under the dragon to replace the grey lift arms with trans clear ones.

After taking the advice from 'The Stad', Harry now appears to be one step ahead of the dragon.

Many thanks for your input.

Edited by brickie

The Harry Potter display was proudly presented to the thousands of visitors to the BrisBricks Expo last weekend.

Harry was chased by the Hungarian Horntail for three days but fortunately it never caught him.

This video was taken by the builder of Hogwarts, Magnus.

Edited by brickie