jrx

New pneumatic valve and modified pump

Yesterday I got my 42080 and of course at first I had to test the new Pneumatic parts. Beside the new valves there's a modified pump 6L in the box. It seems it is so new that it isn't printed on the box :) The modification of the pump is just the outside. Function is still the same.

But more important: The new valves. My hope to get a valve with continuously usable lever is broken. The new valve acts mostly like the older ones. Bad news for using with Servo motor: The level goes only 45 Degree in both directions. But, and that is new, it seems to me that there is a new position between "on" and "off" on which the valve throttles the airflow. Maybe someone can test and confirm this.

That's all so far. I also made a video showing the new valve in detail.

Don’t know. Maybe it’s more stable. Beside the changed design I couldn’t see anything. 

On 7/28/2018 at 4:02 PM, jrx said:

Don’t know. Maybe it’s more stable

Could be for usage as a regular manual pump or structure.

I believe that the new valve have been designed so that it would have been more difficult to use it for Lego pneumatic engine.

Edited by LegoEmbodiment

58 minutes ago, LegoEmbodiment said:

I believe that the new valve have designed so that it would have been more difficult to use it for Lego pneumatic engine.

Are you sure? Green Gecko postet some optimistic comment at my video saying, he wants to mod the new valve for LPE usage. Let's wait and see what he and all the other LPE MOCer will bring us :)

It doesn't need to modify the new valve, all it takes is just to cut the stick for my versions of LPE.

But I don't want to do that (cutting the stick).

Edited by LegoEmbodiment

On 7/28/2018 at 7:51 PM, jrx said:

it seems to me that there is a new position between "on" and "off" on which the valve throttles the airflow

Ooo, a "Stratocaster switch" valve!

3 hours ago, Gnac said:

Ooo, a "Stratocaster switch" valve!

:grin: