29636939198_519a2a8770_c.jpg

The Grey Lilly - larboard stern quarter by Ross Fisher, on Flickr

Padre,

A quick note to say that we have noted your efforts on the Île d'Or with interest. Please find in the harbour of Fatu Hiva a small vessel, the Grey Lilly. It was recently captured in battle, and has been refitted for your use. We would be gratified if you would accept this gift and put it to immediate use.

The concerned citizens of Fatu Hiva

The Gray Grey Lilly was captured by Oleon a little while back. This is my completed build. She's a class 3, and I hope this does her justice. I realise I haven't really represented her three points of firepower here... I guess that's all below decks.

Edited by Ross Fisher

I really like your unconventional parts usage on this .... The ship has a nice curve and im liking the lamp post mast.  The water is convincing as well.

Nice parts usage all around, mr. fisher. The custom hull in particular stands out. It would be great to see a few more angles, and a few minifigs on board - right now, she seems a ghost ship! :O

As to size, she seems more like a class 2 to me, so I think she is very much on the low end of the class three scale. It is a bit hard to make out from this one picture, though.

(Found a few more pictures on your flickr)

I like the details on deck, and the anchor and fender are nice details, although I wouldn't suggest sailing with them dragging through the water! :)

Overall, nice little vessel.

Nice little ship, great details and clever use of parts! Your water is very realistic and I like the overall result but, as Bregir said, it would be nice to see somebody on board... or black magic will be added by our enemies to the list of (obviously fake and imaginary :grin:) crimes of Hades’ priests!

Bumping this topic because I've rebuilt the ship:

The Lilly Revived 

The Lilly Revived The Lilly Revived

Range 5, Maneuver 3, Firepower 3, Crew 2, Cargo 0, Hull 2

Hopefully all of the different elements look more to scale. I've added another mast, and multiple beams for sails. 

I've added some swivel guns on the bow, because it looked weird without. Also, despite the fact that I loved the captain's cabin, it looked insane on such a small ship, so it had to go. 

The hull is exactly the same as before, but hopefully it looks a little bit bigger. I'm hoping to tweak the classification of the ship to give it some cargo space. How does this work?

Edited by Ross Fisher

Definitely a more "mature" take on your older ship. The masts make it look infinitely better although I would retained the "rope" from the front mast to the bow (and maybe add some more ropes to connect masts just for the aesthetic aspect. Swivel guns are a must imo in nearly any mid-sized ship, so it's great that you added them (and yours look cool too). :thumbup:

2 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

the captain's cabin, it looked insane on such a small ship

I totally agree. It's more seaworthy now as it won't tumble and make everybody seasick or drowned :tongue: . Also it's good that you retained the old hull because it looked/looks great.

If I had to change something, it would be the height of the "side wall" of the ship (I don't know the English word but in Greek it is called "koupasti") somewhere in the middle of it. Two bricks height would be more preferable/more realistic and that "side wall" would connect more fluently to the eye-catching stern side.

Overall a great improvement I would say and may it have safe voyages!

Edited by blackdeathgr

Very nice rebuilt indeed! Agree with the comment above about the guns, ropes and koupasti:innocent2:

On 4/7/2019 at 12:19 PM, blackdeathgr said:

Definitely a more "mature" take on your older ship.

Thanks, I really appreciate the compliment. 

it won't tumble and make everybody seasick or drowned

In my defence, I think the people of Fatu Hiva were keen to get rid of the Padre. They didn't care if he survived or not. 

If I had to change something, it would be the height of the "side wall" of the ship 

Now I get that old reference to the Atheneans and their wooden walls. I guess we'd say hull? Rails? The lowest spot was supposed to be a gangway, but I guess I could've raised it a bit higher in the bows.

@blackdeathgr@Fraunces Thanks for the feedback!

Yay! The wooden walls "prophecy"!

Rails! That's the word I was looking for! Thanks! (where is Bregir when you need him...) I must refresh my knowledge about nautical terms in English a bit more I guess. 

Edited by blackdeathgr