TheLordOfBricks

Tralfandor Fortress

Hello! This is my first entry to the Summer Joust, in the 12 x 12 Vignette category. :) Built this in the past two days, and 2 more entries to go! My largest will be posted tomorrow hopefully. As for the moc, this is my first microscale build, so it was super fun to try it out. :) Enjoy! Also, first build for GOH, just a freebuild with no story, not my best, just a quick entry for Summer Joust. I have a lot better of a build coming tomorrow. :)

Tralfandor Fortress (GoC)

To my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ be the glory! :D

Edited by TheLordOfBricks

Looks pretty cool! I love the SNOTed rockwork and the water. Also the start of the bridge is a nice touch, too. I do think that there is a bit too much texture here for microscale, since in micro every little stud ends up being a huge boulder; that can be good for the rocks, but it seems just a tad too much to my eye. Nonetheless, you have some great angles on the walls and the cathedral? up top is particularly nice. 

As a side note, the second picture does not seem to be displaying properly. 

For a first micro ever, that's pretty impressive! The rockwork is great, and I really like how the fortress is 'layered', with walls centering around the top of the hill. A very accurate and realistic detail. Also, nice use of these hammers :thumbup: 

Some really cool details and good use of bricks in this microscale! Keep up the good wok! :)

Very strong start for your first micro! The brown carrot supporting the wood bridge is a super fun design :wub: Lovely use of ingots and hammers too!
HQ may be right, in that there are too many exposed studs showing in the rockwork. Though your style tends too use more exposed studs than I generally would, so that could just be a matter of personal preference.
Was great having you able to compete in the Joust this year :sweet:

On 7/28/2018 at 12:25 PM, Henjin_Quilones said:

Looks pretty cool! I love the SNOTed rockwork and the water. Also the start of the bridge is a nice touch, too. I do think that there is a bit too much texture here for microscale, since in micro every little stud ends up being a huge boulder; that can be good for the rocks, but it seems just a tad too much to my eye. Nonetheless, you have some great angles on the walls and the cathedral? up top is particularly nice. 

As a side note, the second picture does not seem to be displaying properly. 

Thanks Henjin! I can see your perspective with the studs in the rocks, I probably should have laid back some. And yes, I did angle the cathedral. :)

On 7/28/2018 at 2:01 PM, TitusV said:

For a first micro ever, that's pretty impressive! The rockwork is great, and I really like how the fortress is 'layered', with walls centering around the top of the hill. A very accurate and realistic detail. Also, nice use of these hammers :thumbup: 

Thanks Titus! Accuracy was a big part of it, even putting the cathedral in the highest point of the fortress. :)

On 7/28/2018 at 3:02 PM, de Gothia said:

Some really cool details and good use of bricks in this microscale! Keep up the good work! :)

Thank you! :)

On 8/1/2018 at 7:30 PM, soccerkid6 said:

Very strong start for your first micro! The brown carrot supporting the wood bridge is a super fun design :wub: Lovely use of ingots and hammers too!
HQ may be right, in that there are too many exposed studs showing in the rockwork. Though your style tends too use more exposed studs than I generally would, so that could just be a matter of personal preference.
Was great having you able to compete in the Joust this year :sweet:

Thanks, yeah I saw the carrot and was going to use it for a tree, but then there was no room for trees, so I found out it worked for the bridge. :) Super fun competing in my first joust. :)