Ross Fisher

[AMRCA - THUNDERSTRUCK!] The Hunt for Zeus' Lightning

4 hours ago, Bregir said:

I was thinking one of the capital ships of the Olean navy was an option

And risk the brotherhood of Poseidon or, worse, the priests of Zeus getting their hands on it? Never!

59 minutes ago, Ross Fisher said:

And risk the brotherhood of Poseidon or, worse, the priests of Zeus getting their hands on it? Never!

:pir-grin:

Welcome to the Thunderdome

August 15, 619 - Astrapi, Île Zeus 

My brothers,

It gives me pleasure to confirm that I have, today, presided over the consecration of a new Treasury of Hades the Harvester here in Astrapi. 
This citadel was erected on the instigation of Padré François, who has recently returned from the interior of the Île Zeus bearing the lightning bolt of Zeus himself. 
You will also remember that Padré François was accused, falsely, of burning at the stake the local priest, Father Sellefort. It seems that this individual was in fact a Promethean interloper and charlatan, who was keeping the real Father Sellefort captive. The Padré managed to right this wrong in the course of his quest. 
This is also the same Padré we have heard reports of from the distant Île d'Or. While there he overcame the native savages and banished their local demon, bringing the light of the Order into that dark isle. 
In recognition of these actions, I have also ordained François as an Abbé of the Order. He will be assigned the Brotherhood of Hades Inflamed. You will remember that this brotherhood had their Abbey on territory that was lost during the Juniper Wars, and have been resident in Granoleon ever since. 
Moving them out here will go some way to repairing the snub the Holy Father must feel at being denied the relic of his faith, and the fact that the Padré did not wait for his approval before immolating pseudo-Sellefort.
I understand that, for now, the Brotherhood will stand guard over the Treasury, but may be called into action if the Abbé François requires them in future.
With men such as these guarding the furthest reaches of civilised society, we may yet free the world from its burden of heresy.

For the Underlord,
Monsignor Orfeo

@Bregir I am taking the "Build a temple" option. This will be licensed as a Medium Arts and Cultural property. 

Edited by Ross Fisher

Nice temple Ross, the shaping of the buttresses along the sides looks good and the use of the classic pines is a great touch. As usual it's the minifigs that stand out though. Great uniformity with the haircut of the monks and interesting bright red robes. Great addition to your story.

@Ayrlego Thanks! Originally it was a very Mughal-looking building, and I wanted to make it slightly more European. The crennelations are a Greek touch, so I thought some cypresses would go well with them. I'm always trying to show more of Halosian religion, so the Monks and the Monsignor were just another side of that.