Ross Fisher

[AMRCA - THUNDERSTRUCK!] The Hunt for Zeus' Lightning

33 minutes ago, Ross Fisher said:

What's that you're saying? I didn't hear. I'm too busy reading every edition of the WTCM ever... 

:pir-grin:

3 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

I'm too busy reading every edition of the WTCM ever... 

Excellent, you are educating yourself! Bathe in the fountain of truth and brilliant writing that is the WTCM! :thumbup:

14 hours ago, Bregir said:

What do you base this on? How many did you kill in Kemblar? What consequences did that have?

Of course, there will be consequences of any action - that is the point of the aMRCA, but we are not here to punish anyone. I already have some interesting ideas based on the description in the letter... Who knows who will react, and how, based on this? :pir-laugh:

I like to think as long as you don't get caught you're in the clear. :pir-tongue: But good point. 

And I agree with the sentiment that people should not be punished on their AMCRAs, but realistic consequences should follow. 

16 hours ago, Bodi said:

Though the Oleander colonial garrison is a little worried about Padre's over-zealous behaviour, they still see him as a true servant of gods, and they are ready to spare the Padre from any foreign menace. This means any foreign intervention on this matter will be regarded as an insult to the Oleander crown and should face the consequences.:pir-devil:

Man, if I burned some people at the stake, I'd have to deal with Cooke. Enjoy getting off the hook @Ross Fisher:pir-tongue:

The Padré is prepared to accept the full responsibility for his actions. It is his belief that he behaved as per the will of the gods, and their mortal representatives, the Order of the Faith. 

@Mesabi the trick is to burn the correct people. Although I do find a certain appeal in @blackdeathgr's idea of burning everyone, and letting Hades recognise his own... 

@Mesabi @Ross Fisher I think Padre's behaviour is based upon some historical precedents, still, though historically plausible, we certainly don't want to see the New Terra succumbs to the fever of inquisition, so maybe we could find a way to impose some limitations to the Padre, for example, instead of executing the suspect on the spot, he could hand him over to the local authorities, to be emprisonned or executed after criminal procedures. I know it may sound like rampant bureaucracy but it could be fun too, it would make the adventure more eventful. What do you think?

@Bodi I mean it's up to you / Oleon Leadership. I'm just a humble Corrie who stirs up trouble. :pir-grin:

@Bodi Well, it's too late for Father Sellefort. On the whole, I could agree to there being more limitations on the Padré' s behaviour after this.

However, when the righteous fury strikes, he may feel the only option is to take matters into his own hands. If you want something done right, you've got to do it yourself.

4 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

On the whole, I could agree to there being more limitations on the Padré' s behaviour after this.

Good, case closed, let's move on.:grin:

10 hours ago, Bodi said:

Good, case closed, let's move on.:grin:

Dammit, what am I to write about for the WTCM now? :pir-angry:

25 minutes ago, Ross Fisher said:

I'm sure you'll invent something :pir-tongue:

I never invented anything. You picking a fight here or something? :pir_mad:

Edit: I think I scared you off. This was meant as a joke. :sceptic:

Edited by Drunknok

10 hours ago, Drunknok said:

I never invented anything.

Yeah, right... The WTCM loyally and truthfully reports the facts of the Brick Seas... ;)

1 hour ago, Bregir said:

The WTCM loyally and truthfully reports the facts of the Brick Seas.

I will quote you on this! :pir_tong2:

1 hour ago, Ross Fisher said:

You forgot the :thumbup: emoji.

True! :thumbup:

I challenge everybody to find a single case the WTCM reported factually wrong information. Good luck!

49 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

True! :thumbup:

I challenge everybody to find a single case the WTCM reported factually wrong information. Good luck!

How many issues have you made?

46 minutes ago, Bregir said:

How many issues have you made?

This is about the twelve regular issues (special issues not counting), to be found both here and here.

Just now, Bregir said:

I rest my case, then ;)

So I you admit defeat in the face of overwhelming evidence - good! :pir-grin:

If, one day, you have the time and will to go over the WTCM issues and dig for factually wrong articles: be my guest. But I think we should stop spamming this AMRCA thread now. :innocent:

Can we drop the debate about how much the WTCM bends the truth? Or at least move it into a different thread? I feel like we may have lost the plot of my AMRCA here.

Edited by Ross Fisher