Ross Fisher

[AMRCA - THUNDERSTRUCK!] The Hunt for Zeus' Lightning

I'm betting at least one of those guys had accepted a blessing from a Wandering Acolyte of the Crahaish neh Triuri.

Nice vignette and presentation/story. A question: Did our lovely priest buy a new priestly uniform or it was always like this? I spotted the new dress piece in black on the last photo :tongue:

Edited by blackdeathgr

6 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Glad that this new lego piece comes in black too

This was from the Jedi + Clone troopers battle pack.

Despatches to René Duchamp, from Sgt Carel on behalf of Monsieur Jones, October 14, 618.

45298165001_5df7a8e55a_m.jpg

Sir, our detachment is now occupying a lodge in the hills at the heart of the Île Zeus. We took this encampment following a short skirmish with Promethean heretics, who had previously been occupying the position.

45309056391_3a024e8b0f_m.jpg

Our scouts discovered the encampment shortly before dusk yesterday. Signs of their heresy were clear to see. Under Monsieur Jones's orders, we worked our way around the site until we had it surrounded. Thereafter, he used a loudhailer to order the lodge occupants to come into the open or face the consequences.

44576007004_1c08d58bda_m.jpg

When they failed to comply, he loaded a grenade into the barrel of brimstone we had with us, and rolled it down the hill until it struck the lodge. When the grenade detonated, it sent a shower of brimstone into the air. This mixed with the mist, and produced a hellish caustic vapour.

45248930852_90453442a4_m.jpg

When we heard sounds of coughing from the lodge, my squad moved in to subdue the heretics. While most of my men were smart enough to cover their mouths, I felt it essential to keep mine uncovered, the better to relay orders and encouragement to the men.

45298090831_9f37e473a2_m.jpg

Sadly, we were unable to keep the scum alive for their interrogation. Nevertheless, there was some good news, as they had kept charts of the area and the coast. While we are not clear whether the marks on the map are the same target we are searching for, they provide us with a good next step for investigation.

45298115001_f0dcde2b33_m.jpg

Your servant,
Sergeant Carel.

PS. Please warn my wife that my looks have not improved...

45248785412_e157a84420_m.jpg

Edited by Ross Fisher

Great builds @Ross Fisher! I like how you're progressing through your adventure. Even if you slaughter innocent prometheans as a part of it. :laugh:

A point of clarification on your first build, you chose the option to "Just talk to the miners" correct?

@Ross Fisher

The expedition headed back to town. Miners smiled nervously as they passed. The Padre showed no emotion. Soon they were back in headquarters. It was time to review intel. 

• Clues:
    • The miners mentioned the story of an old prospector who raved about finding something deep in the interior. He's quite mad apparently, though.
  • Other:
    • The map found at the Promethean's hideout reveals 2 other locations that the Prometheans found of interest. 

Padre François said nothing after the briefing. He walked out the door and the rest followed him. Where were they going?

Options:

• The Mad Prospector
    • The Mad Prospector spends his days drinking in the taverns, his mind long gone. Something drove him mad. Was it the weapon of the Gods?
      Show how your expedition seeks to gain information from the Mad Prospector. Do they get him drunk, roll out their "inquisitive" skills, or perhaps follow him at night?
  • Follow the Map:
    • There are 2 marked locations on the Promethean map. The markings show what appears to be a dock or landing on the north side of the island, and a cave on the south side of the island. 
      • The Smuggler's Dock:
        • They're bringing something to the island, what could it be? (1 build required, should be dock related)
      • The Sea Cave:
        • The Caves are located by the label 'Zeus Bolt' On the map. What's hidden in the depths? (1 build required, should be cave related)
  • Go to the Church:
    • The church could be hiding secrets as well. Perhaps it's worth a visit?
      • The Archives:
        • Full of books that could reveal information about Prometheans, the weapon, or more. (1 build required, should be library related.)
      • The Pastor's Office:
        • There are Prometheans on the island and he did nothing. Perhaps a stern talking to is required.... (1 build required)

1 build required to progress, but 2 options can be taken this turn with a build each. 

5 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

I haven't burned anyone at the stake yet. Who reckons it's time?

@Drunknok, we need more editorials in the WTCM this month! 

Diving for a key

Report by Sergeant Lecoq to the second meeting of the Astrapi Collective Diocesan Council, on behalf of Monsieur Jones. 

After our return from exploration in the hinterland, the expedition leaders agreed to split the expedition temporarily. 
Padré François would take half the troops to investigate concerns he had with the Temple of Zeus, while the rest of us would be detached under Monsieur Jones.
Our objective was to investigate a marker on the coast that had shown up on a map captured from the Prometheans under the label "Zeus' Bolt".
While the location given was not far from town, we were unclear what we were looking for. Therefore we agreed to divide the unit into pairs, in order to cover a wider area. Upon discovering anything promising, we were to fire a shot, summoning Monsieur Jones. 
After three false starts and most of a day searching, young Denis finally found what we think we were looking for. The lad had seen something glinting underwater and had summoned us accordingly. We gave him a double ration of rum, and began investigation in earnest.
Monsieur Jones dived the site. After a few minutes of exploration, he surfaced to announce that there was some sort of key fixed in an undersea cave. He instructed us to pass him a rope, which he passed through the key. Thereafter, the entire unit heaved on the rope and, after much toil we were able to break the key free. 
Unfortunately the shaft was somewhat warped from our exertions, but I anticipate that a good blacksmith should be able to get it back into shape.
As to what lock the key fits, there was no clue. Perhaps another member of the council will be able to furnish the answer.

@Mesabi is this build cave-y enough? I wasn't 100% sure.

Edited by Ross Fisher

Fine by me @Ross Fisher! very nice vignette. I'd like to see more photographs of it, if possible. 

You still can take on more option, and make sure you submit your paperwork when you've finished. :pir-blush:

@Mesabi I've thrown a couple more pics on Flickr for you.

Going to be doing a second build shortly, and I'll put my paperwork in then. What do you reckon a cleansing religious pyre counts as? Arts and Culture?

The Fiery Immolation of Father Sellefort

Letter from Brother Diaz of the Mission of Zeus at Astrapi to the Holy Fathers of the Church of Zeus in Granoleon, intercepted by agents of Padré François at the Port of Astrapi.

Your eminences, 
I regret to inform you that Father Sellefort is dead. He died at the hands of that crazed Inquisitor, François - though I can scarcely bring myself to write his name.
On Tuesday last, he and a troop of armed guards barged into the temple and demanded to see the Father. Fearing for our lives, we quickly found Father Sellefort and told him what was happening.
To his credit, he did not flee, but went to meet the inquisitor. When we returned, the soldiers had their muskets loaded and levelled. 
Then and there the inquisitor accused our Father of conspiring with heretics, of tolerating their presence in his diocese, and of sharing in the profits of illegal smuggling.
The Father was as surprised as we were, and exclaimed that he had no knowledge of such activity, or of the presence of any heretics.
Inquisitor François was not persuaded. He suggested that any priest who was ignorant of heathen practices on his patch should be defrocked; that any many who could not connect rumours heard in confession should be stoned; and that any representative of the Order of the Faith who was content to grow idle while the weapon of the gods was just beyond his grasp deserved death and damnation.
The guards took Father Sellefort off to his office and, I believe, tortured him into signing a confession. I did not get a chance to read this, but I believe a copy should have arrived in Granoleon shortly before this missive.
On Wednesday, the Father was dragged into the town square, where a pyre had been erected. There he was excommunicated, damned, and chained to a stake.
I wanted to do him the honour of standing over him to the last, but I am ashamed to say that I could not bear to watch such a noble man suffer. I remain convinced of his innocence and adherence to the Faith. 
It is true our temple is better funded than most like it, but that was thanks to Father Sellefort's tireless fundraising efforts. And, yes, when the inquisitor broke open his private quarters, they were well appointed - even opulent - but this was nothing more than the just reward of a tireless servant of the Faith.
I am writing to you to request that you pardon Father Sellefort of any sins he is accused of him, and declare him a martyr. I ask that you bring Inquisitor François to justice for his crimes. Lastly, I ask that you appoint another leader for this Temple; the Padré says he won't leave until there is someone he can trust in charge here.

I remain your humble servant, 
Brother Diaz

OOC - This build left a bad taste in my mouth. There's a particularly nasty brand of cruelty going on here. I felt I'd talked the Padré up so much this was the only natural conclusion. I mean, you want to find the weapon of the gods, you have to make some sacrifices. Nonetheless, I think it will be a while before I burn anyone alive again. And they'll have to really and truly deserve it. 

Edited by Ross Fisher

@Ross Fisher, uh I can't speak for the rest of the AMCRA committee, but generally burning an 'innocent' person alive results in negative consequences, for your adventure, and potentially Oleon leadership. (I know if I did half of what I wanted to with Count Mesabi, COR leadership, @Bregir would be Grumpy. :wink:

I would say that you may want to expect consequences next turn of this adventure.... 

Regardless, good build, especially using so little parts!

Excellent build, awesome photography and the plot is fascinating.

Though the Oleander colonial garrison is a little worried about Padre's over-zealous behaviour, they still see him as a true servant of gods, and they are ready to spare the Padre from any foreign menace. This means any foreign intervention on this matter will be regarded as an insult to the Oleander crown and should face the consequences.:pir-devil:

31 minutes ago, Bodi said:

Though the Oleander colonial garrison is a little worried about Padre's over-zealous behaviour, they still see him as a true servant of gods, and they are ready to spare the Padre from any foreign menace. This means any foreign intervention on this matter will be regarded as an insult to the Oleander crown and should face the consequences.:pir-devil:

So not only does Oleon not step in to protect its citizens, but they fully support the Padrés murdery rampage? Interesting, the WTCM takes note!

@Mesabi in my head Father Sellefort is guilty of at least some of these crimes.

The AMCRA option was for a 'stern talking to', but this is Padré François. Was this not what you had in mind?

Edited by Ross Fisher

5 hours ago, Mesabi said:

uh I can't speak for the rest of the AMCRA committee,

Indeed. :pir-wink:

but generally burning an 'innocent' person alive results in negative consequences, for your adventure, and potentially Oleon leadership

What do you base this on? How many did you kill in Kemblar? What consequences did that have?

Of course, there will be consequences of any action - that is the point of the aMRCA, but we are not here to punish anyone. I already have some interesting ideas based on the description in the letter... Who knows who will react, and how, based on this? :pir-laugh:

Should Olean leadership decide to act against actions on their own lands, that is all up to them, not the aMRCA committee. And it doesn't seem like it.

(I know if I did half of what I wanted to with Count Mesabi, COR leadership, @Bregir would be Grumpy. :wink:

IC transgression will have IC consequences, and should the count act as he pleases, he certainly will risk finding himself "de-counted" and imprisoned/expelled. :pir-grin:

But as long as you stay within the general bounds of RP, IC actions will only have IC consequences. The grumpiness comes when there is OOC drama/unrest. :pir-wink:

1 hour ago, Bodi said:

This means any foreign intervention on this matter will be regarded as an insult to the Oleander crown and should face the consequences.:pir-devil:

And you will have no protests from her Majesty. :pir-grin:

3 minutes ago, Ross Fisher said:

@Mesabi in my head Father Sellefort is guilty of at least some of these crimes.

The AMCRA option was for a 'stern talking to', but this is Padré François. Was this not what you had in mind?

Not exactly what we had in mind, but an excellent way to depict his choice! Very fitting for the age and setting, if you ask me, although the Padre should probably be careful, should he decide to take the inquisition outside Olean borders, or against Corlander citizens... :pir-wink:

45 minutes ago, Ross Fisher said:

The AMCRA option was for a 'stern talking to', but this is Padré François.

Only a complete madman would translate a "stern talking to" into "burning the person alive". The Padré seems to be kind of rude... :pir-grin:

1 hour ago, Bregir said:

the Padre should probably be careful, should he decide to take the inquisition outside Olean borders, or against Corlander citizens

Noted. He's not looking to start a war. Yet...

51 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

The Padré seems to be kind of rude

What's that you're saying? I didn't hear. I'm too busy reading every edition of the WTCM ever...