Ross Fisher

[AMRCA - THUNDERSTRUCK!] The Hunt for Zeus' Lightning

Start point: Astrapi, Île Zeus

Adventure Purpose: To find the weapon of the gods!

Troops: 10 from @Phred, 10 from @Keymonus

Coffers: 100 Dbs

Characters:

(This is a solo effort rather than a collab build, I'm just borrowing some resources from my countrymen).

29818693418_50efb280c2_c.jpg

First meeting of the Astrapi Collective Diocesan Council by Ross Fisher, on Flickr

Minutes, first meeting of the Astrapi Collective Diocesan Council, taken by Monsieur Gallo, a notary.

Meeting held in the function room of the Astrapi Inn.

In attendance:

Padre François, priest of Hades,
Renè Duchamp , on behalf of Tristan Ribaud,
"Juggernaut" Jones, on behalf of Hugo d'Offren ,
Sergeant Carel, of the Astrapi guard,
Brother Aquila, a monk of the Temple of Zeus, and agent of the Padre.

Items of business:

1. Pact of Secrecy - queried by Monsieur Jones, but confirmed by Brother Aquila. If he is correct, the Temple of Zeus would be keen to thwart this venture. All parties agreed to the pact, ratified by signature, witnessed by Monsieur Gallo.
2. Main item. Padre François proposed to lead an expedition to recover the weapon of Zeus that is believed to have landed on the island. Brother Aquila confirmed fears about the Temple of Zeus. All other parties expressed interest.
3. Padre François invited all parties to join the venture on behalf of their masters, promising significant rewards both financial and spiritual.
4. Monsieur Jones volunteered his services as a pioneer and soldier of fortune.
Monsieur Duchamp demurred, but volunteered a platoon of d'Offren troops to support the expedition.
Sergeant Carel volunteered his own platoon of Astrapi guards. This was queried by Monsieur Duchamp - it would leave one fort unguarded. However, it was agreed that Padre François' personal bodyguard would remain at the fort to provide a semblance of a presence.
Brother Aquila also demurred on the basis that his absence from the Temple would likely be noticed, and could not easily be explained.
5. In light of this, Monsieur Jones was appointed the military commander of the expedition, while Padre François would be it's spiritual guide and overall leader. Monsieur Duchamp would be the point-of-liaison in Astrapi, while Brother Aquila would keep an eye on events in the Temple, and pass any notable information on. Other responsibilities were divided up, and a start date was agreed.
6. The venture was launched with a toast.
7. Further oaths of secrecy were given before the meeting was adjourned.

Aaaaand here's a video to get you in the mood:

Edited by Ross Fisher

Excellent video! :excited:

Jones is a hardy pioneer. He will serve you well!

Edit: I really like the updated version of Tom "Juggernaut" Jones :thumbup:

Edited by blackdeathgr

@Ross Fisher Great to see you going on an AMCRA! They're always a great method for story telling and expanding the BoBS universe. 

However, I strongly caution you using your main character for the AMCRA. I sent my main character on my AMCRA south almost a year ago, and he's still not back. 

I would recommend sending another new character, or being prepared to create a new main character!

As I already said, great idea for an AMRCA! I don’t know how to practically lend you my soldiers, they are already deployed in Astrapi and I’ll post here a little build showing them

Ross more info on the victorian players please that was an awesome preformance

Edited by Roadmonkeytj

On 7/27/2018 at 9:26 PM, blackdeathgr said:

I really like the updated version of Tom "Juggernaut" Jones

Thanks. I get most of my parts from Lego Store Minifig walls and CMF sets, so I was limited what I had to work with. I may give him a full bandana in time, so long as I can find one that fits with my Black, White and Blue colour scheme.

I can only be summoned by a considerable sacrifice of crisp bacon, preferable served... Erhm... Sacrificed together with judicious amounts of eggs... And beer! ;)

The thread looks alright. I don't currently have access to the Google forms, but we can work with this. Did you fill in a AMRCA form? If not, you can find the link in the mrca deadline announcement topic.

In any case, we will have this show running with the next AMRCA turn. Will get back to you if we have any questions. ;)

1 hour ago, Ross Fisher said:

@Bregir Bacon; Done. I'll get working on the beer and eggs.

I filled in a form. Not sure it was the right one... I look forward to working with you!

It was the right one, I just checked ;)

2 hours ago, Bregir said:

I can only be summoned by a considerable sacrifice of crisp bacon, preferable served... Erhm... Sacrificed together with judicious amounts of eggs... And beer! ;)

Some conversations here are hilarious. :pir-laugh: 

33 minutes ago, Legostone said:

It was the right one, I just checked ;)

:thumbup: 

On 7/28/2018 at 2:45 PM, Ross Fisher said:

They're called 2 Cellos. They do modern pieces for cello.

Great group.  I've listened to a lot of their material. :pir-wub:

@Ross Fisher

The oaths had been taken and secrets sworn.  The padre's team had the island waiting for them to uncover its own secrets.

Choices needed to be made:

To the Mines!

The mines are big and pull vast a mount of Silver for Oleon's Treasury. Certainly the miners know something.

• Speak to the miners: 
    • Give them a sermon on Zeus's love.
      • This may get some clues. and increase your reputation with the clergy.
    • Simply talk to them.
      • This may get some clues, and will befriend the miners. 
    • Give them a sermon on how Hades is angry.
      • This will scare them into talking, but might have consequences. 

One build with one of these options is required if this path is taken. Build should be mine related.

To the Church! 

The Church of Zeus in Astrapi is one of the largest in the Brick Seas. It pulls in quite a tithe for the Order.

• Talk to the Clergy
    • Give a Service
      •  The Congregation always enjoys a good guest Priest. It helps liven things up. This will increase your reputation among the miners.
    • Ask to view their archives
      • The texts in the Church's library should have information about exploration into the interior. This may gain some clues.
    • Audit Their Income
      •  This will scare the Clergy into talking, and will have consequences.

One build with one of these options is required if this path is taken. Build should be Church related. 

Into the Fogmist!

Ile de Zeus is large and misty. And Foggy. Perhaps you can find something in the dark. 

• Explore the Coast:
    • Many ships have found their end in the fog, but you might be able to find something. 
  • Explore the Interior:
    • Heavily Wooded, the Island's interior is where the artifact is said to be found, but it is dense, and treacherous. It's rumoured that Promethean Practitioners have a small outpost somewhere here. 

One build with one of these options is required if this path is taken.

================================================================================

One build is required to progress the turn, but two paths can be taken this turn, each requiring a build. 

In total their are 3 clues you will need to find the location of the Thunderbolt. Clues are awarded based on your actions. Once you've found where it is located, you'll still have to find retrieve it, which will require additional tasks. 

PM @Mesabi or @Bregir for questions. 

@Ross Fisher 

Suddenly, the Prometheans attacked Astrapi, burning it to the ground and suddenly ending your adventure. 

:pir-tongue:

Don't worry, I'll play nice, and I can't wait to see what you create for this adventure. :pir-blush:

35 minutes ago, Mesabi said:

Suddenly, the Prometheans attacked Astrapi, burning it to the ground

I call a crusade!

On 8/28/2018 at 9:32 AM, Ross Fisher said:

@Mesabi you're my DM? This will be fun! You know I'm going after those Promethean heretics! I'm also going to try and check out the mines as well. 

You actually have a whole team that currently GM the Amcra's ... Can't wait to see the story we get to work with!

42659576720_6cccd4a710_c.jpg

Fear of the gods by Ross Fisher, on Flickr

By the heavens Marie, I don't know whose work I'm doing here, but it isn't Zeus's. This inquisitor is an expert at his job. He certainly terrifies me! Yesterday he worked his trickery on a group of miners up in the hills above Astrapi. The poor bastards.

He walked up to them all serious business. You could see the nervousness on their faces. Then he asks if they know the way to 'Touchstone' - pretty sure he made that up. They glance at each other, trying to figure out whether it's a test. And he just stood there. Calm; dignified; 21 armed men stood right behind him. 

Eventually they admitted they didn't know, and he just brushed it off, asked what it was like up here, how the mining was going, had they been affected by the terrible weather? You could see them both relax, it was impressive. 

And then he hit them with the southpaw;

"Folk in Astrapi have said there are heathen practices up in these hills. People touching wood when they say something unlucky, refusing to walk under ladders, that sort of thing. There's none of that... here... is there?"

Hades, you should've seen them. Shitting bricks, they were. Quickly denied all knowledge of anything at this particular mine, but they were happy to rat on their friends over the hill.

"I see..." says the inquisitor. They didn't stop quaking. If there's one thing worse than heathen practices, it's lying to an inquisitor to cover up heathen practices. Then he hits them with the radical non-sequitur; did they have any idea where Zeus's lightning was? 

Bamboozled, they were. I've never seen anything like it. Neither knew for sure, but they'd heard rumours it might be further into the interior. Definitely wasn't on the seaward side of the mine.

He thanked them, and left. You could see the relief on their faces. It's easy to see how ridiculous it was. You can't get to the Île Zeus but for sailing, and sailors are the worst of anyone for heathen superstitions. But you'd never say that to an inquisitor's face.

"One more thing..." he said, turning back. Oh, that really did it for them. Look out for them in town, they'll either be drunk in a gutter or being dragged into the sanitorium.

"...you wouldn't have a spare barrel of brimstone, would you?" Of course they did. Anything to get rid of us. I reckon that barrel represented a day's work and they were happy to let us carry it away. With the right guy on point you could make an excellent con of it.

Anyway, I'm happier standing behind this guy than in front of him. I just hope this holy quest ends soon and I can get back to boring guard duty.

Missing you, 
Jean