Bart

[SR - CH II - Cat B] Pagan Temple

Captain Brickdottir didn't follow the path's crafted by the other expeditions into the wilderness. Instead she decided to lead her platoon a few days down the beach, before turning into the wilderness. they had been going three weeks now. The mood of the platoon was good, the temperature was pleasant and there was enough food to find. The trekking also didn't seem very hard, yes the plants created severe obstacles but nothing a quick slash of a sabre could fix. Or otherwise the monstrous blade of the Lieutenant would get trough it. But mostly they just bend the branches away or go around. As to leave as little of a track as possible, no need to draw unwanted attention on themself. They still hadn't found any sign of any monster or something else, no sign of victims either. 

Hidden in the jungle growth, so that hey would probably had passed it where they just a few meters off to the side, they found a pagan temple.

42950993434_dc0b835cf5_z.jpgEII-CHII-CatB - Pagan Temple 1 by Bart, on Flickr

42950993334_4110af3d5b_z.jpgEII-CHII-CatB - Pagan Temple 2 by Bart, on Flickr

42950993164_acd0337715_z.jpgEII-CHII-CatB - Pagan Temple 3 by Bart, on Flickr

42950992974_e2b5d4bf78_z.jpgEII-CHII-CatB - Pagan Temple 4 by Bart, on Flickr

42950992734_14d9f9f640_z.jpgEII-CHII-CatB - Pagan Temple 5 by Bart, on Flickr

After making a round around it to check it out, Captain Brickdottir went up the stairs to check out the inside. There where several statues, symboling different aspects of live, or gods she wasn't sure. In the center there was a big piece of purple glass, or at least the lieutenant said it was glass, his father was a glazer. The whole temple breathed some sort of calmed.

One of her soldiers with a native heritage carefully asked the captain if they had to report this to the Order now, remembering the blazing speech they had in the town.
the Captain thought about it for a moment, no we don't, we didn't see this and even if we did we can't locate it.

Another of her soldiers asked if there was Gold there, there where rumours there was gold on the Île d'Or and if there was any for sure it would be in a temple.

They only saw rock, finely crafted rock of different colours, but it all appeared to be just rock.

42950992524_aa869577ce_z.jpgEII-CHII-CatB - Pagan Temple 6 by Bart, on Flickr

42950992434_d75b8c178b_z.jpgEII-CHII-CatB - Pagan Temple 7 by Bart, on Flickr

This is my category B entry for the second Challenge. 

Very neat, the plants and palms with coconuts add well to the scene and the underground layer makes it much cooler! I am surprised by the ionic columns :pir-grin:

10 minutes ago, Ross Fisher said:

Oh yeah, there's some classic heathen skullduggery here.

skullduggery ? 

Google comes up with something along the lines of trickery, is that what you mean?

Just now, Fraunces said:

Very neat, the plants and palms with coconuts add well to the scene and the underground layer makes it much cooler! I am surprised by the ionic columns :pir-grin:

Thanks, the columns yeah well, it is a very good design :D 

Really nice job with the white pavilion structure, but I love the underground!  Such a cool way to achieve it too, with the four quarters hinging.  Great job! :thumbup: 

11 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

Really nice job with the white pavilion structure, but I love the underground!  Such a cool way to achieve it too, with the four quarters hinging.  Great job! :thumbup: 

Thank you, the hinging was a bit of a challenge, because a lot of time I place minifigs freely, as in not connected on a stud, which wasn't possible here, as then LDD doesn't rotate them with the model. And placing the trees required a lot of fiddeling to make them not hit each other when opened or closed. 

Not to mention how many times my model was upside down because LDD decided to take some random brick to swivel around :pir-murder: ctrl+z is my most used short key 

10 hours ago, Bart said:

Not to mention how many times my model was upside down because LDD decided to take some random brick to swivel around :pir-murder: ctrl+z is my most used short key

I know exactly what you mean!

Great looking Bart! Nicely detailed and I like the hidden feature of it opening up into four sections!

@LM71Blackbird Thank you, how else was I supposed to show the inside :D (the can't actually open beyond this angle, then the three's had to be so cropped it didn't look like a dense jungle at all. 

I really like the clean roundness of the temple, it contrasts well with the greenery of the jungle. The real surprise; however, was how the whole build opened up in the last pictures. Very well done!