TheBeeze

Campaign 8- The Space Race - 7/25 - 9/13

The Space Race

Campaign Guidelines 

With it becoming increasingly evident that the Servants of Freedom (SoF) have a much further sphere of influence than Xenor, nations in both the RON and COAC are ramping up their efforts to conduct surveillance of suspected nations harboring them. 

After the fallout of the Battles in Xenor, governments have started peering into the depths of Tosul and abroad. Recent photos from a reconnaissance flight carried out by a Filace stealth aircraft have revealed that Tosul is keeping up with the times. 

28555965177_b886ed5b17_c.jpg

They have been developing everything from fighters

42709423264_51bbb8e125_c.jpg

to Ground attack aircraft

42709422514_e949f9e01f_c.jpg

and most troubling, a stealth bomber housed in a hardened hangar and what looks to be an unmanned reconnaissance vehicle of their own. 

42709423064_3e7ef3cbfe_c.jpg

With the current conflict having a global span, satellites have become the best way to try and observe their enemies. Defense budget spending across the globe has shifted a lot of money toward space exploration and technological advancement. With Tosul thought to be using outdated technology for all of these years, nations around the globe can no longer afford to turn a blind eye to these secretive nations and must increase their intelligence gathering capabilities. 

Players are to show their country either Designing and Developing, Launching / Assembling, or Retasking an existing Satellite or Space Station for Reconnaissance purposes around the globe. 

This campaign is not a team based effort.

• Neither side should show their forces definitively destroying the opposition. Showing successes is okay, but not total domination. The winners of the campaign will be decided based on the points awarded from judging. This means if your team doesn't score well, it's possible for your forces to be beaten back.

• MINIMUM SIZE BUILD IS 32 X 32

• All LDD Builds must be labeled- Example: (GBW- CP7) Country - Title of build (LDD)
  • All builds must be new MOC’s and not prior builds. 
  • Photo Editing is to be kept to a minimum with only real edits of lighting and color correction. No special effects. Players may crop one picture of their MOC onto a background picture to help with their landscape if they’d like. 
  • Pictures cannot be bigger than 800x600
  • Players may post a link to an offsite host such as Flickr where Higher Resolution pics are located. 
  • Be cool and share your photos in the GBW Flickr Group!
  • Please refer to the General Rules Topic for limitations based on your Point Level.
  • Upon completion, players must also post a link to their build in the AAR Thread as well letting the judges know that it is eligible for scoring. 
  • INTEL WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE ON 7/28/18. (1) PIECE AVAILABLE. FIRST COME FIRST SERVE. LIMIT OF (1) PIECE OF INTEL PER PLAYER. CONTACT @TheBeeze VIA PM. NOT AVAILABLE TO STAFF.

Campaign Duration 7/25/18 - 9/13/18

All builds will not be finalized until the closing date for the campaign. Players can edit their posts up until that point. As long as it is 9/13/18 somewhere in the world, you can submit. Use this as a deadline https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/usa/baker-island

The Outcome

All players who participate will be awarded the points they earn for each build.

The Satellites will hopefully provide intelligence that will shift the focus of the next campaign. 

It appears the fever of micro-scale building is spreading... :wink:

I hope I can put together a build. I'm currently on vacation, and will have a very busy two weeks before I leave for college...

On 7/26/2018 at 1:59 AM, Leonardo da Bricki said:

It appears the fever of micro-scale building is spreading... :wink:

I'd be lying if I said your build didn't give me the idea.... :thumbup:

Question:

Are ground Space Comm buildings allowed for this campaign or are we limited to air and/or space builds?

5 hours ago, BoBKiD said:

Are ground Space Comm buildings allowed for this campaign or are we limited to air and/or space builds?

Nice to see you again my friend. The description is very wide open, so you can do as you feel it fits

"Players are to show their country either Designing and Developing, Launching / Assembling, or Retasking an existing Satellite or Space Station for Reconnaissance purposes around the globe. "

My apologies I couldn't participate in this campaign. It was a busy summer and also i had to transform some builds for the exhibition, and also had to finish the huge job in my Lego room that became a chaos from the builds of previous months. Looking forwartd for the next campaigns

I wish I could have created a build, and I had some good ideas, but I just couldn't find the time between school and work.

Edited by ODA 401

My build was done, I've made the pictures, but I didn't have the time to post, I went back to university two weeks ago and my schedule is really busy.

But If you want I can post my build with a little story this afternoon

I think what we meant to say was..."Thanks for the entries for this round everyone.  Looks like most of you were very busy as we only had 2 entries for Campaign 8!"