Sign in to follow this  
dtomsen

(MOC) Odense Kommandopost (Signal Box)

Presenting Odense Kommandopost (signal box) from my hometown, Odense in Denmark.

(or at least my interpretation)

My model:

Scale: ~1:60
Lenght: 32 bricks
Width: 34 bricks
Bricks: 2.394
Model built: 2012 & 2018 (finished inside and re-designed for Moduverse, our Scandinavian variant of MILS)

Very high setting rendering using Stud.io but built irl.

Front

45164789315_aa2d98e15c_b.jpg

Rear

42700673534_f3aaf9b8b4_b.jpg

Inside

42512905545_70ed8f138e_b.jpg

As built (not the greatest photo, sorry)

43951694201_8a7e5cbfb5_c.jpg

Edited by dtomsen
Much more photorealistic renderings

I love it! The spiral staircase is neat, never seen one before. The detail on all sides looks great. 

Youve even included a vice ...looks nice is the outside stairs the primary method to get to the top?

12 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

is the outside stairs the primary method to get to the top?

The staircase was removed last year, so probably not :classic:

Thumbs up for the use of the classic inverted 2x4x2 inverted transclear windscreens.

Moduverse is new for me. 

Other details that caught my eye: the power points on the side, the white technical box on the outside, the green slope: great effect with a small amount of bricks.

Oh wow, is there any detail that you missed out on? Quick, clean and effective slope on the back side (the electrical elements back side, use of the back of the panels for texture, etc, all great)

On 7/25/2018 at 12:43 AM, pelle said:

Other details that caught my eye: the power points on the side, the white technical box on the outside, the green slope: great effect with a small amount of bricks.

The power points are great indeed. The computerscreens on the top floor give it a nice touch too. If the white box on the outsider is an airco fan you might consider part 3680 (turntable base 2x2) for a replacement.

If you turn 180° in street view (the first link) the shed behind the gate looks great to recreate in bricks aswell :laugh:

On 7/28/2018 at 8:50 AM, AE bricks said:

If you turn 180° in street view (the first link) the shed behind the gate looks great to recreate in bricks aswell :laugh:

That shed is part of Danmarks Jernbanemuseum (The Danish Railway Museeum).

Got a working turntable too ?

Edited by dtomsen

On 7/29/2018 at 8:40 AM, Feuer Zug said:

Nicely done. Well detailed and I'd love to see it in real bricks.

First post updated :classic:

Sorry for bumping but this post was one of the first i replied on when i joined eurobricks. It was quite inspiring so i built something similar. I started on a 16x32 baseplate and its almost ready, just need to add some type of roof. 

LEGO wip seinhuis ext

Inside groundfloor is still empty but the top floor has a simple modern control room. Two operators both with multi computer flatscreens and one giant tv showing the ATCS (printed sticker on black 8x16 tile). I added some details like the coffee machine and plants to cheer the place up. 

LEGO  wip seinhuis int

Thanks AE brick, your own singnal box looks inspring too :thumbup:

(and your people even got a bigger coffee machine than mine)

The control room with the big junction panel looks amazing and your MOC really deserves its own thread :blush:

Edited by dtomsen

6 hours ago, dtomsen said:

The control room with the big junction panel looks amazing and your MOC really deserves its own thread :blush:

Agreed, a very nice build in its own right. The outside captures the look and then the details with the track map and computer terminals inside really make it pop!