Barthezz Brick

[MOC] City mocs - by Barthezz Brick

Hi,

In January 2018 I started on a new City Moc and after 3 months of building it was done.

The final build is called; I Saw Spider-Man Today.

If you like what you see give me a follow on; Flickr, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and/or Pinterest.

41890895962_351984b10d_k.jpgI Saw Spider-Man Today - by Barthezz Brick 1 by Barthezz  Brick, on Flickr

41935354581_dfcd8a8744_k.jpgI Saw Spider-Man Today By Barthezz Brick 3 by Barthezz  Brick, on Flickr

41890898692_49fd8bc3d4_k.jpgI Saw Spider-Man Today By Barthezz Brick 5 by Barthezz  Brick, on Flickr

You can find more detailed pictures in the Flickr album.

Greetings Barthezz Brick

This is nuts!  Your flickr album is insane!  Just absolute AMAZING work here.  Thanks for posting this inspiration!

9 hours ago, Sunseeker21 said:

That looks absolutely awesome. Well done

Do you know how many pieces were being used in that build?

Thx, glad you like it ?.

That is just the one question I couldn't give you an answer to.. I have literally no idea. If I may guess: approximately 7.500/9.000 pieces.. but maybe more or less ?

9 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

This is an incredible Lego built piece of art. The level of detail in this model is amazing. Top work. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :classic:

Thx, much appreciated ? 

If you have any questions or curiosity's, feel free to ask. I will answer them happily ?

9 hours ago, JLSD said:

This is nuts!  Your flickr album is insane!  Just absolute AMAZING work here.  Thanks for posting this inspiration!

Haha, thx for this insane comment ? 

Then I'm curious for your next build! If you have any questions, feel free to ask ?

Edited by Barthezz Brick

I'm seriously impressed. It's one of those builds it's utterly pointless to start pinpointing all that I loke about it; it's absolutely badass flawless. My kind of buildings are more towards the traditional modulars; cleaner, sleeker, but a great build can be appreciated by anyone. This has both sides of the coin too, the odd bizarre craziness over a perfect coat of neat architecture and nicely proportined buildings. Looking forwars to your Venice build, now following on Flickr :wink:

2 hours ago, paupadros said:

I'm seriously impressed. It's one of those builds it's utterly pointless to start pinpointing all that I loke about it; it's absolutely badass flawless. My kind of buildings are more towards the traditional modulars; cleaner, sleeker, but a great build can be appreciated by anyone. This has both sides of the coin too, the odd bizarre craziness over a perfect coat of neat architecture and nicely proportined buildings. Looking forwars to your Venice build, now following on Flickr :wink:

Thx for the great comment and feedback! Gave you a follow as well, great modular buildings :excited: Are you building these in real-life as well or just in LDD?

This detailed/realistic building style has 2 sides to the story as well. I want to do interior within my builds but i can't because the walls would be 3/4studs thick.. So maybe i have to do a 'clean' build somethime to accomplisch that :wink:

Greetings Barthezz Brick

Hi,

This next build is special to me. It was my first real attempt back in november 2017 to do a LEGO city build and the feedback and response were overwelming. I didn't expect that at all!

The build is called 'A Cold Day In Hell' and it's a story about a detective who can't let go of a certain murder that happend back in November 2017. There is a small puzzle hidden within the pictures, can you find the murderer that these detectives are looking for?

25061910108_d7332f82c5_k.jpgA Cold Day In Hell 1 by Barthezz Brick by Barthezz  Brick, on Flickr

25061913938_ab1304a548_k.jpgA Cold Day In Hell 3 by Barthezz Brick by Barthezz  Brick, on Flickr

25061907538_0e69970afb_k.jpgA Cold Day In Hell 11 by Barthezz Brick by Barthezz  Brick, on Flickr

24069026487_0c7651a7dd_k.jpgA Cold Day In Hell 10 by Barthezz Brick by Barthezz  Brick, on Flickr

You can find more detailed pictures in the Flickr album.

Greetings Barthezz Brick

Edited by Barthezz Brick

42 minutes ago, Barthezz Brick said:

Thx for the great comment and feedback! Gave you a follow as well, great modular buildings :excited: Are you building these in real-life as well or just in LDD?

This detailed/realistic building style has 2 sides to the story as well. I want to do interior within my builds but i can't because the walls would be 3/4studs thick.. So maybe i have to do a 'clean' build somethime to accomplisch that :wink:

Greetings Barthezz Brick

Thanks! They're all entirely LDD; you know, there I'm allowed to cheat as much as I want in terms of colour choices :grin: As for your second build, I think I might've found the murderer... At first I thought it was a suicide for the shape of the body the white line draws. But then I looked around the body... The guy in the blue hat and the suitcase seems to have a white 1x1 tile on his feet... Just like on the crime scene... I think it's him :poke:

1 hour ago, paupadros said:

Thanks! They're all entirely LDD; you know, there I'm allowed to cheat as much as I want in terms of colour choices :grin: As for your second build, I think I might've found the murderer... At first I thought it was a suicide for the shape of the body the white line draws. But then I looked around the body... The guy in the blue hat and the suitcase seems to have a white 1x1 tile on his feet... Just like on the crime scene... I think it's him :poke:

Yes, you found him ? it are actually bricks/packs of cocaine ?

Wow, these are some very impressive builds. What a dense atmosphere!

I love the way you used all those tinmy pieces to create textures everywhere.

Too bad there's no interiors, but on the upside, you don't have to worry about interiors :wink:. And details like the broken glass within window frames are definitely worth it!

12 hours ago, RogerSmith said:

Wow, these are some very impressive builds. What a dense atmosphere!

I love the way you used all those tinmy pieces to create textures everywhere.

Too bad there's no interiors, but on the upside, you don't have to worry about interiors :wink:. And details like the broken glass within window frames are definitely worth it!

Thx, glad you like it ?

Yes, the texture turned out great. It was a lot of tinkering to get it right.

The broken glass was a fun part to make and gave it a bad neighborhood touch. Some rascals threw rocks against the windows (you can still see some rocks hanging in the brokenglass windows) a couple of nights ago. On the top floor a burglar was trying to break-in with a screwdriver, but he screwed up and broke the window ?

Greetings Barthezz Brick

Edited by Barthezz Brick

9 hours ago, carebear said:

O WOW!!!!

this looks amazing

thanks for charing

Greetings

5 hours ago, LennyRhys said:

These are incredible - thanks for sharing!

Thx for the comments, much appreciated ??

Spoiler

Wow this is truly incredible.  Idk if it's the amount of detail that makes this a work of art, or the 3 months it took you to complete?!  It would take me years to make something with so much detail.  I will be checking all your MOC's out. :thumbup:

On 7/30/2018 at 9:37 AM, Creativebrick Studio 117 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Wow this is truly incredible.  Idk if it's the amount of detail that makes this a work of art, or the 3 months it took you to complete?!  It would take me years to make something with so much detail.  I will be checking all your MOC's out. :thumbup:

Thx for the great comment!!

It was 3months of hard work and around 150/200hours of building/tinkering. 

I had a small top view sketch and 'designed' the build along the way. Having the build visually in your head is one, but making it real is two ?

Greetings Barthezz Brick

17 hours ago, Creativebrick Studio 117 said:

Yea I can relate with the countless hours dedicating to building/tinkering with trial and error in the deep hours of the night.  I bet you had to place multiple bricklink orders as well :classic:

For sure! You always think; oke now I have enough of that color/brick. But in the end it's always; dammit I'm coming x pieces short. Opens computer and placed another order + a large amount of other pieces that look handy/you need in the future.... Haha

Hi,

I broke down my Spider-man moc after my convention in hardenberg last weekend. It took me 3 days to sort. pff... But now i can finally start with my Venice Italy build. It's going to be +-40cm bigger than my latest build. I did some testing and tinkering for my church (never did a church before). But i'm quite fond with the result for now :wub:

43465216502_e3cab510d9_b.jpg

(wip) Venice Italy the year; 1500, 1940 & 2018 by Barthezz  Brick, on Flickr

Edited by Barthezz Brick

A couple of months further, this is the current state of my lastest LEGO build. The reason I'm sharing this now is because I'll have to leave this project for a couple of months. The excited news for me is; I'm participating in my first ever collaboration :-)

I can't tell you about it at the moment, but it's going to be awesome. It's a group of very talented builders and i'm looking forward to 'build' with these guys in the months to come.

I hope we can make an announcement soon, so stay tuned!

44747560615_5e4a0516ea_b.jpg(wip) Venice Italy by Barthezz  Brick, on Flickr

Edited by Barthezz Brick

It is a pity!
In its present form, it causes admiration and I can not imagine how cool it will look like when completed.
I think the new project will be the same great.

Your Venice diorama looks just incredible; so many great techniques, details, part usages etc. :wub: Can’t wait to see the collaboration by the way!

This is amazing! I'm really looking foward to seeing the finished product!

On 11/28/2018 at 12:58 PM, Barthezz Brick said:

A couple of months further, this is the current state of my lastest LEGO build. The reason I'm sharing this now is because I'll have to leave this project for a couple of months. The excited news for me is; I'm participating in my first ever collaboration :-)

I can't tell you about it at the moment, but it's going to be awesome. It's a group of very talented builders and i'm looking forward to 'build' with these guys in the months to come.

I hope we can make an announcement soon, so stay tuned!

Oh my... :oh: ... that's just magnificently greebltastic!!! :thumbup: :sweet: