Barthezz Brick are the helms from brick warriors and did you have them printed or did you order them from somewhere that already had them printed?  Awesome display The build has so many fine details.  

9 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Barthezz Brick are the helms from brick warriors and did you have them printed or did you order them from somewhere that already had them printed?  Awesome display The build has so many fine details.  

Hi, nope those come from a guy on bricklink. His shop is called friend.bricks. How he made these I don't know..

22 hours ago, Svendp said:

All of them are very nice. Are you coming to RTB Waregem in a couple of months? Looking forward to see what you will bring this time :)

Hi Sven, I just released another small build (ww2) in the special themes section. RTB will be to soon for me, I'm still working on my Venice diorama and that is not close to be done. So it will be another time because I enjoyed RTB very much the last time.

Greetings Bart

10 hours ago, Barthezz Brick said:

Hi, nope those come from a guy on bricklink. His shop is called friend.bricks. How he made these I don't know..

Hi Sven, I just released another small build (ww2) in the special themes section. RTB will be to soon for me, I'm still working on my Venice diorama and that is not close to be done. So it will be another time because I enjoyed RTB very much the last time.

Greetings Bart

Thanks for the information, I'll have to check that out.  

Venice 1486 - Fishing sailship

Ship class: Tartane, single masted lateen rigged - type: cargo/fishing - crew: max 4 - carrying weight: 24tons - year of introduction: early 15th century

After more than 2 months in the making, I can finally show you my latest build. It's a stepping stone towards my four-part Venice 1486 series that I'm still working on.

A Tartane or tartan was a small ship used both as a fishing ship and for coastal trading in the Mediterranean during the 15th century. 

This ship is packed with small details and realistic elements that could have existed in that time period. I did some extensive research to come as close as possible.

If I can point out a couple of my favorite bites; it has got to be the brickbuild sail, the shaping of the hull, and my attempt to create realistic waving water.

For those who are wondering this is 100% LEGO and no glue or other tricks are being used to keep this together ?

50498378876_e821e431f1_b.jpgVenice 1486 - Fishing Sailship (main) by Barthezz  Brick, on Flickr

50498519127_30502632ed_b.jpgVenice 1486 - Fishing Sailship (detail) by Barthezz  Brick, on Flickr

So this is where i worked on for the past 3years (on and of). Approximately 3000 hours and 250.000 parts later I present to you with great pride and incredible detail; Venice 1486 as it might have looked in the 15th century.This is the first chapter of a total of 4, in which I'll take you into an adventure of Darion as a Master Assassin.

Let me know what you think 🙏

"Osservare" in the English tongue better known as Observing. By far the most boring thing about finding your mark, but absolutely necessary.

Meet 'Darion Aiulf da Fortebraccio' and his eyes and ears in the sky 'Gaita' an Italian barn owl. Darion is a Venetian nobleman, and to others unknown also a Master Assassin and former member of the Italian Brotherhood of Assassins. 

Abandoned by his brothers and mentor for disobedience. He now is a solitary assassin that seeks his targets through the signs of god. For his next mark, faith steered Darion in the direction of the Templar order. Who now have a foothold on Venice city grounds and even managed to get the newly elected doge 'Marco Barbarigo' on their side. Marco openly expressed his support for the Templar Order...

And so this is where our story begins!

Where other men blindly follow the truth, Remember, nothing is true.
Where other men are limited by morality or law, Remember, everything is permitted.

We work in the dark to serve the light.

We are assassins!

52504693863_7c25d71af8_h.jpgAssassin's Creed: Venice 1486 - Chapter 1 - Osservare - Main by Barthezz  Brick, on Flickr

52504139826_6a725d675f_h.jpgAssassin's Creed: Venice 1486 - Chapter 1 - Osservare - Main Left by Barthezz  Brick, on Flickr

52504616095_511f71fbcc_h.jpgAssassin's Creed: Venice 1486 - Chapter 1 - Osservare - Main Right by Barthezz  Brick, on Flickr

52504139496_dab7fb6a83_h.jpgAssassin's Creed: Venice 1486 - Chapter 1 - Osservare - detailshot 36 by Barthezz  Brick, on Flickr

52502311299_e64eed7f31_h.jpgAssassin's Creed: Venice 1486 - Chapter 1 - Osservare - detailshot 34 by Barthezz  Brick, on Flickr

52502508125_f74749320e_h.jpgAssassin's Creed: Venice 1486 - Chapter 1 - Osservare - detailshot 33 by Barthezz  Brick, on Flickr

52502310549_406dc82e41_h.jpgAssassin's Creed: Venice 1486 - Chapter 1 - Osservare - detailshot 29 by Barthezz  Brick, on Flickr

52493142054_6fa71201b4_h.jpgAssassin's Creed: Venice 1486 - Chapter 1 - Osservare - detailshot 13 by Barthezz  Brick, on Flickr

52493414293_cd080ecba2_h.jpgAssassin's Creed: Venice 1486 - Chapter 1 - Osservare - detailshot 17 by Barthezz  Brick, on Flickr

52486185197_0785d16d02_h.jpgAssassin's Creed: Venice 1486 -  Chapter 1 - Osservare (teaser) by Barthezz  Brick, on Flickr

Wow, incredible. I love all of it. Color scheme, scenery, details, building techniques, storytelling, .... You really are an inspiration for most of us, Bart. 

The wait was worth it. The amount of details is incredible, can't wait to see in in person on some expo to take a closeup look :)

Fantastic build! I've already seen parts of it in real life, and hope to see the whole one time. I like the 'impressionist' way of building with lots of different textures and angles.

Stella di orione - Florence Merchant ship 

This early 15th century 'Caraval' carries the name 'Orion Star' and is used for the transport of goods along the Mediterranean trade routes.

In 1486 Florence and Venice had widely accepted trade agreements and benefit of each others reach within the ever expanding worldwide trade routes.

Apart from creating the shape of this ship, the sails and the color scheme, the real challenge was to recreate the symbol of florence; the iconic fleur de lis. 

Personally, I think this worked out pretty well 

Some background story;

I chose this type of ship because it fits within the time frame and the characteristics of the venice laguna of that time (not deep and many sandbanks).

The caravel had a stern rudder and a raised forecastle and sterncastle. Caravels had a typical length-to-beam ratio of 3.5:1 with a shallow draught. It was also highly manoeuvrable and fast. All of these characteristics made the caravel ideal for exploring unfamiliar waters and coastal shallows where larger ships might easily have become stranded on sandbanks or damaged by rocks. 

Let me know what you think and thx for stopping by 🙌

52575211082_8cbb075b46_h.jpgStella di orione - Florence Merchant ship (main) by Barthezz Brick, on Flickr

52576201513_56051bdfdc_h.jpgStella di orione - Florence Merchant ship (side) by Barthezz Brick, on Flickr

52575211042_d4b8b9a78d_h.jpgStella di orione - Florence Merchant ship (back) by Barthezz  Brick, on Flickr

52576120765_ca383106a6_h.jpgStella di orione - Florence Merchant ship (detail) by Barthezz  Brick, on Flickr

Edited by Barthezz Brick