Hi,

In January 2018 I started with my first Game of Thrones moc. After 5 months of building and 20.000+ bricks later it was done.

The scene is based upon the season 3: Episode 7 Bear and the Maiden Fair.

If you like what you see give me a follow on; Flick, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and/or Pinterest.

41859307735_16b7b4218e_k.jpgGame of Thrones - Bear and the Maiden Fair - by Barthezz Brick 1 by Barthezz  Brick, on Flickr

28885891448_5b329636c9_k.jpgGame of Thrones - Bear and the Maiden Fair - by Barthezz Brick 4 by Barthezz  Brick, on Flickr

42759778471_15eee1b180_k.jpgGame of Thrones - Bear and the Maiden Fair - by Barthezz Brick 8 by Barthezz  Brick, on Flickr

27890717497_721a0b3b99_k.jpgGame of Thrones - Bear and the Maiden Fair - by Barthezz Brick 10 by Barthezz  Brick, on Flickr

42042037584_287b3744d3_k.jpgGame of Thrones - Bear and the Maiden Fair - by Barthezz Brick 25 by Barthezz  Brick, on Flickr

You can find more detailed pictures in the Flickr album.

Greetings Barthezz Brick

Edited by Barthezz Brick

Isn't it too small? :-)

Amazing work, you had a lots of time and patience!
Where do the clothes come from?

3 minutes ago, Aine said:

Isn't it too small? :-)

Amazing work, you had a lots of time and patience!
Where do the clothes come from?

Haha, first idea/sketch was 2 times bigger ? this is 95*65 in centimeters give or take.

And thx for the compliment ? I had time.. I spended 300 hours in 5 months I think + I needed to work and my girlfriend wants attention to ?

On the regular LEGO minifigs the capes are from 'Capemadness' and the rest of the figs is custom made (21 of them).

27638848647_4a022e2ebe_k.jpgGoT House Bolton Heavy Infantry - by Barthezz Brick by Barthezz  Brick, on Flickr

Greetings Barthezz Brick

Great job.  Love the texturing of the castle.  The wooden arena looks great too.  Also the posing of the minifigs is spot on.  

9 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Great job.  Love the texturing of the castle.  The wooden arena looks great too.  Also the posing of the minifigs is spot on.  

Thx, much appreciated ?

The build started with the wooden bearpit, because if that part wasn't working/ I couldn't make that double arch i would stop the project. But after 3/4 attempts I got it working. The inner wall is 1stud with a layer of tiles on both sides. 

I could go on for hours, but let's say I'm just really proud on the end result ?

You've done some nice work again.  Love the break up of the landscape.  The hideout looks great especially the texturing.  The path is nice too.  The whole scene is great.  

12 hours ago, zoth33 said:

You've done some nice work again.  Love the break up of the landscape.  The hideout looks great especially the texturing.  The path is nice too.  The whole scene is great.  

Thx again ?

It was my first moc but I'm still happy with how it turned out. Maybe I need to do a new Lotr build anytime soon..

Greetings Barthezz Brick

Eomers Hideout is your first MOC in 20 years?!?!?  Holy buckets that is great for a first MOC with all the new parts and techniques!  Congratulations, these are great works for a pro, let alone someone coming out of a 20 year Dark Age.  (Now thats a Dark Dark Dark Age!!!) :grin:

Your Bear and the Maiden Fair creation is epic :wub::wub: It makes a great example of the highly textured and detailed Castle building style :thumbup:
Eomer's Hidout is also a lovely model. The irregular base and vegetation are lovely :classic:

On 7/30/2018 at 1:59 AM, Gary The Procrastinator said:

Eomers Hideout is your first MOC in 20 years?!?!?  Holy buckets that is great for a first MOC with all the new parts and techniques!  Congratulations, these are great works for a pro, let alone someone coming out of a 20 year Dark Age.  (Now thats a Dark Dark Dark Age!!!) :grin:

Haha, thx for the great comment ?

And yes my first moc in 20years... I had to buy alot of parts/sets because I only had sets from 1985 towards +-1998.. those were yellowed and dirty ? so it was a good excuse to spend some cold hard cash ?

I'm always regretting that I waited for 20years (33 now and yes my parents bought Lego even before I was born) before I started building again and doing the thing I love..

So thankfully there is internet nowadays so I had a bootcamp in Lego building for 1 month and builded the Lotr moc. 

So with each build I'm trying to improve (I think the GoT moc is a nice example) and buy to much bricks for my next builds.. ?

Greetings Barthezz Brick

3 hours ago, soccerkid6 said:

Your Bear and the Maiden Fair creation is epic :wub::wub: It makes a great example of the highly textured and detailed Castle building style :thumbup:
Eomer's Hidout is also a lovely model. The irregular base and vegetation are lovely :classic:

Thx, glad you like it ? 

I'm more than happy with the 'Bear and the Maiden Fair' result. That took me quite some time to build and alot of rebuilding and trying out new thinks.

The build started with the bearpit and I used the bear in the series as a reference for the whole build. So if the real bear fitted in the pit 7 times, than the Lego bear fits 7 times his length in the bearpit. 

So with everything I did the bear was my reference for width, height and depth ?.

And after 1,5 years I think the Lotr moc still stands out between my other builds. So it's not bad ?

Greetings Barthezz Brick

Edited by Barthezz Brick

On 7/23/2018 at 8:59 PM, Barthezz Brick said:

Haha, first idea/sketch was 2 times bigger ? this is 95*65 in centimeters give or take.

And thx for the compliment ? I had time.. I spended 300 hours in 5 months I think + I needed to work and my girlfriend wants attention to ?

On the regular LEGO minifigs the capes are from 'Capemadness' and the rest of the figs is custom made (21 of them).

27638848647_4a022e2ebe_k.jpgGoT House Bolton Heavy Infantry - by Barthezz Brick by Barthezz  Brick, on Flickr

Greetings Barthezz Brick

Great beautiful work! Are those shoulder armours and helmets part of Lego inventory or custom?

Pretty amazing MOC here, great woodwork for the arena and the trees growing in to the wall are fantastic.  Love the archways and the layout of the ruins too!

8 hours ago, Brick2x4 said:

Great beautiful work! Are those shoulder armours and helmets part of Lego inventory or custom?

Thx ? the shoulder/helmets are from brickwarriors.com, but I modified then beyond recognition ?

Greetings Barthezz Brick

27 minutes ago, Kai NRG said:

Pretty amazing MOC here, great woodwork for the arena and the trees growing in to the wall are fantastic.  Love the archways and the layout of the ruins too!

Thx, glad you like it ?. I'm very satisfied with the result. By far my best moc to date ?

Greetings Barthezz Brick

Edited by Barthezz Brick

I really love your work at the minifigures. It was surrely hard work! :drool:

I love your Eomers Hideout Tower. It has so great stone pattern and details. Have to build a castle in the future too. :cry_happy:

I love your arch from the gatehouse. Really beautiful tile work.

On 8/17/2018 at 10:58 AM, Robin_IV said:

I really love your work at the minifigures. It was surrely hard work! :drool:

I love your Eomers Hideout Tower. It has so great stone pattern and details. Have to build a castle in the future too. :cry_happy:

I love your arch from the gatehouse. Really beautiful tile work.

Thx, glad you like it ??

Yes, the minifigs all 21 of them took me about a month to make.

Aa cool, castles are always fun to build. 

Enjoy your weekend, cheers ?

Hi,

This build may look familiar and that's correct. This was the first moc that i build 1,5 years ago.
I was fortunate that i could rebuild this moc for a customer in Malaysia. He wanted a exact copy of the original and i think i was able to rebuild it almost exactly the same :) So this Lord of the Rings build will be shipped of to Malaysia!

Original post:

Hi, this is my first ever Lego MOC 

My first LEGO MOC 'Eomer's Hideout' is inspired by the Lord of the Rings movies and my view of the exiled Rohirrim with it's leader Eomer. 
Aragorn is chased by a pack of white hand Uruk-hai and runs into the secret camp of Eomer. The men of the Westmark sound the alarm and Eomer rushes towards Aragorn to help him out. How will this end.... 

Greetings Barthezz Brick

44706892242_3de0ccecb1_k.jpgLord Of The Rings: Eomer's Hideout - by Barthezz Brick by Barthezz  Brick, on Flickr

33219423823_06ceb3cb12_k.jpgLord Of The Rings: Eomer's Hideout -  by Barthezz Brick 2 by Barthezz  Brick, on Flickr

33188815074_b2c3e9167a_k.jpgLord Of The Rings: Eomer's Hideout -  by Barthezz Brick 3 by Barthezz  Brick, on Flickr

33874414092_2665b21144_k.jpgLord Of The Rings: Eomer's Hideout -  by Barthezz Brick 7 by Barthezz  Brick, on Flickr

33874409112_ab628f6714_k.jpgLord Of The Rings: Eomer's Hideout -  by Barthezz Brick 10 by Barthezz  Brick, on Flickr

33188801744_dea28af0d7_k.jpgLord Of The Rings: Eomer's Hideout -  by Barthezz Brick 12 by Barthezz  Brick, on Flickr

You can find more pictures in the album on flickr.

Edited by Barthezz Brick

LOL that’s the very best idea to make use of those inflationary wizardring wands, for sure! Absolutly stunning!And also the fruit beneath the bell jar is wonderful.

11 hours ago, derEselausErgste said:

LOL that’s the very best idea to make use of those inflationary wizardring wands, for sure! Absolutly stunning!And also the fruit beneath the bell jar is wonderful.

Thx glad you like it ? you need to be careful because the wands will sperate easily from the spur when you push them on. Out of the 4 chairs 2 times the wands came off..

Edited by Barthezz Brick