2 hours ago, Nexogeek said:

the docks weren't a D2C though

So presumably the possible third addition to the NC won't be D2C either right?

LEGO never announces big sets at Toy Fairs unless they are actually doing a press release for them as Toy Fairs are meant for toy shops to know what to order and more exclusive, hundreds of dollar sets are not shown or the star of the show. So there is a tiny amount of hope for another huge NinjaGo Movie set.

But Ice Fortress has me excited.

Interesting.....Based on the set list, we're getting an Ice and Fire theme again? But with "Desert Glider" it might seem more than that. I hope. Looking forward to know more!

Also an interesting note, the leaks called 70678 "The Forgotten Emperor Castle while Nuremberg's set list now calls it a Fortress in the ice. :thinking:

Edited by JJ Tong (zfogshooterz)

On 1/29/2019 at 6:28 PM, legozebra said:

I was really hoping we'd keep getting city expansions outside the Ninjago Movie line, but I guess it's too early to tell whether or not a new one is coming as D2Cs aren't typically shown at Toy Fairs, right?

16 hours ago, Nexogeek said:

the docks weren't a D2C though

13 hours ago, Blazej_Holen said:

So presumably the possible third addition to the NC won't be D2C either right?

LEGO does show D2Cs at Toy Fairs. Usually ones previously announced, or announced at the event proper. Nothing beyond that.

Indeed the NINJAGO City Docks were not a D2C, but none of the Summer sets were publicly accessible last year at Toy Fairs, so I can understand why there was some confusion.

Nothing is specifically stated that confirms whether or not any future expansions of NINJAGO City would be a D2C or not at this time.

There’s a picture of a white, three-tailed wolf mould on IG. I assume it’s from Ninjago, fits with the ice theme and multi-tailed animals are a big thing in the folklore of many East Asian cultures :thumbup:

Edited by Lego-Freak

18 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

There’s a picture of a white, three-tailed wolf mould on IG. I assume it’s from Ninjago, fits with the ice theme and multi-tailed animals are a big thing in the folklore of many East Asian cultures :thumbup:

Those are called Kitsune I believe. Which are in Japanese mythology like Oni and dragons

13 minutes ago, Thedarkmaster2 said:

Those are called Kitsune I believe. Which are in Japanese mythology like Oni and dragons

Kitsune are shape-shifting foxes though, like that shifty bloke from Animal Crossing   (forgot his English name) and Luigi’s alternative to Mario’s tanuki suit :wink:

The more I watch Season 10, the more I wonder, why didn't Lego make a set like Harumi's throne room, with 2 oni soldiers, Omega,  Lloyd, Garmadon and the Realm Crystal, it would be more accessible to kids and still fit in with the wave.

So just got golden dragon set, and I don't get what new Overlord is supposed to be. Is it possesed Garmadon from Final battle or Golden Master from rebooted? Golden armor on minifig kinda looks like Golden Master form. And Golden armor makes appearance in shows newest season, so a foreshadowing?

Edited by benderisgreat

Just now, benderisgreat said:

So just got golden dragon set, and I don't get what new Overlord is supposed to be. Is it possesed Garmadon from Final battle or Golden Master from rebooted? Golden armor on minifig kinda looks like Golden Master form. And Golden armor makes appearance in shows new season. 

Seems to be a throwback to both. And also a throwback to its wisp-like form too with its ghost legs piece.

I think that topic is for another thread but yeah, it's a pleasant surprise to see the golden armor in the new season. And coming back to topic, looks like it's coming to a full circle with the Legacy sets if the Ninjas is going to reforge the armor back into presumably the Golden Weapons of Spinjitzu.

46 minutes ago, JJ Tong (zfogshooterz) said:

Seems to be a throwback to both. And also a throwback to its wisp-like form too with its ghost legs piece.

I think that topic is for another thread but yeah, it's a pleasant surprise to see the golden armor in the new season. And coming back to topic, looks like it's coming to a full circle with the Legacy sets if the Ninjas is going to reforge the armor back into presumably the Golden Weapons of Spinjitzu.

Yeah I was thinking the same, helmet and 4 arms suggest it's possessed Garmadon, and face and ghost tail and golden armor suggest it's his Golden Master form.

The Legacy sets according to the shorts, aren't necessarily accurate to what really happend, but rather from the point of view of whomever is telling that story.

6 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Kitsune are shape-shifting foxes though

But that's just it Kitsune are fox like. It's very possible that this thing they allege, without pictures Is it in it's true form. 

2 hours ago, JJ Tong (zfogshooterz) said:

It's a nice minifigure but it's kinda a shame that The show writers care more bout the armor he worse than the character that wore it. Seriously thoug The Overlord is an Oni in everything but name. Shape-shifting check. Darkness check, wanting to destroy Ninjago. Check

I don't think the Overlord is a shape shifter, I think he's Darkness incarnate, because the Oni can't touch the Golden weapons or the Golden Armor and He can, plus the only physical form he's ever changed himself into was a Dragon (The Golden Master form was built).

Just now, Dr.Cogg said:

I don't think the Overlord is a shape shifter,

We haven't really seen the Oni transform either... Just mist.. The overlord has transformed more times than they have

Just now, Dr.Cogg said:

I think he's Darkness incarnate

Aren't the Oni that by defination?

No, the Oni are a creature from the first realm, just as the dragons come from the first realm, but like mystake they can be killed, where as the Overlord is Immortal, because as long as there is Light there will always be Darkness to keep the balance. 

Hello,

probably I'm not good at searching the forum , but I heard that this is the last season for Ninjago.

Can  someone confirm?
Because in italian "latest" and "last" are the same word.
So it's difficult for me to understand.

I hope it's not.

Okay so This might be a long post but I wanted to share my thoughts on the Legacy set I just got. I got The Samurai Mech set and The Golden Dragon. I have built the Samurai Mech and I gotta say when people said it was a miniature they really meant it. It's like less than half the size of the original mech. The villains are kinda cool. I defended the Skeletons in the past and I can now understand why people might not like them. They look like different characters and their feet make them easier to knock over. But I've replaced their feet with the old one.

For some reason this small mech has the same articulation as the old one... even though it's small enough to have knees.. Why are knees so difficult?

But I have to ask why do you dislike the skeletons? Is it because they're bad representations of the original characters? I sadly never got much of the first wave of Ninjago so I don't really have any of the skeletons, except for the lower ranked Chopow. But I mean can't they be used as like new characters in play? Don't they make good additions to the skeleton army/ Is it the head molds? I mean they have more uses than the old ones as these have a stud that can attach to helmets and other accessories. They're like a mixture of the lower and higher ranked head molds. I would really like to know.

32 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

but I heard that this is the last season for Ninjago.

Can  someone confirm?

I hope it's not.

No that's just a rumor

50 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Hello,

probably I'm not good at searching the forum , but I heard that this is the last season for Ninjago.

Can  someone confirm?

I hope it's not.

There was summer wave at the toy fairs and the show's production hasn't stopped so no it's not the last season.

1 hour ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Hello,

Can  someone confirm?

I hope it's not.

Always assume it's "latest."

It's an evergreen theme.

Edited by Penkid11

On 2/2/2019 at 9:10 AM, Lego-Freak said:

Kitsune are shape-shifting foxes though, like that shifty bloke from Animal Crossing   (forgot his English name) and Luigi’s alternative to Mario’s tanuki suit :wink:

Kitsune is just the Japanese word for "fox", including normal wild foxes. Being able to live an extraordinarily long time and gaining extra tails and supernatural abilities as they get older is just a characteristic that foxes in general were believed to have in Japanese folklore… sort of like Western animal folklore and superstitions like cats having multiple lives.

In modern pop culture, kitsune and related spirits have been interpreted in numerous ways, including creatures like this or Liska the Earth Fox from LEGO Elves that are much larger than a fox would be in real life.

4 hours ago, Aanchir said:

In modern pop culture, kitsune and related spirits have been interpreted in numerous ways, including creatures like this or Liska the Earth Fox from LEGO Elves that are much larger than a fox would be in real life.

Ok So what is Oni stand for i Japanese? I was thinking that kitsune was a specific Yokai. Like Ninetails from pokemon 

An Oni is a type of Yokai and there are different types of Oni.

I think this Kitsune is NOT from Ninjago. Ninjago never got bigger molded creatures - They are always buildable.
I think it's from new line :)

Edited by Lordofdragonss