Got Fire Fang set recently and was really disappointed by Aspheera’s minifig. They used ghost tail piece for her even though snake tail piece would have been more appropriate to her minifig given she has it in the show. And the fact that all pyro snakes have trans clear eyes also bothers me. Printed ones would work much better.

17 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Got Fire Fang set recently and was really disappointed by Aspheera’s minifig. They used ghost tail piece for her even though snake tail piece would have been more appropriate to her minifig given she has it in the show. And the fact that all pyro snakes have trans clear eyes also bothers me. Printed ones would work much better.

In most cases I think the minifigure design has to get finalized before the show design, so I'd chalk that up to the show being inaccurate (or at least, the two depictions diverging during development) rather than the other way around. Personally I prefer the ghost trai both because it's more unique (making Aspheera stand out more from Char and past Serpentine) and more compact (the huge size of the snake tail can make a challenge to integrate into vehicles or scenes), although both pieces fail to work with the spinners, unfortunately.

3 hours ago, Lyichir said:

In most cases I think the minifigure design has to get finalized before the show design, so I'd chalk that up to the show being inaccurate (or at least, the two depictions diverging during development) rather than the other way around. Personally I prefer the ghost trai both because it's more unique (making Aspheera stand out more from Char and past Serpentine) and more compact (the huge size of the snake tail can make a challenge to integrate into vehicles or scenes), although both pieces fail to work with the spinners, unfortunately.

I think that has been pretty much confirmed by the Hageman brothers

I still want to get Ashpeera though, it's just that money is tight right now

5 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Well if they usedsnake tail for her in Fire Fang set, they would need to make throne way bigger to accomodate tail. But Land Bounty could have used snake tail just to look visually different.

Its funny, I just picked up the Fire Fang as well. I really like the way it looks but I'm not entirely a fan of the fact that it's kind of lacking in articulation. Have there been any modifications done to add more to the body? I'd love to be able to make it more poseable.

15 hours ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Pink Zane leaked.

Oh I hope he comes in a not too big and exclusive set.

And we need a kid Lloyd Garmadon to go with it (and maybe a laundry room build?) since he's the one responsible for that laundry "accident".

Btw, there were also leaks for Legacy Jay with the clothing now designed after the Tournament Robes.

Another bunch of leaks show the new style of robe for the next "not Legacy" season.

The ninjas seem to habe two robes again.

One looking like a futuristic full body Gi with hood and one going more into a cyberpunk direction (wasn't there something about them getting avatars to go into a virtual world?)

These new outfits sure look unusual but still quite cool (also, Cyber Lloyd gets a mohawk?)

12 minutes ago, badchriss said:

Another bunch of leaks show the new style of robe for the next "not Legacy" season.

The ninjas seem to habe two robes again.

One looking like a futuristic full body Gi with hood and one going more into a cyberpunk direction (wasn't there something about them getting avatars to go into a virtual world?)

These new outfits sure look unusual but still quite cool (also, Cyber Lloyd gets a mohawk?)

Hey, you’re right. I took that figure for a villain, but it does have a Lloyd face. Eh. I prefer the cyberpunk gi, the avatar look for Lloyd is a pretty poor design (the prints are still bad grumble grumble) and it just doesn’t look very ninja-ish to me. Easy pass, personally.

The full IRL gi is awesome, though, especially the new hood moulded with the VR headset or whatever that is! I definitely want that so badly!

I'm mixed on the full gi suits. If it wasn't for the protruding white detailing at the top of the hood, I'd say they were fine.

27 minutes ago, pawcanada said:

I'm mixed on the full gi suits. If it wasn't for the protruding white detailing at the top of the hood, I'd say they were fine.

I think it’s some kind of VR/AR visor attached to the hoods. I think it looks awesome. Definitely getting as many as I can for customs. 

On 10/14/2019 at 9:46 AM, shadefoundry said:

Its funny, I just picked up the Fire Fang as well. I really like the way it looks but I'm not entirely a fan of the fact that it's kind of lacking in articulation. Have there been any modifications done to add more to the body? I'd love to be able to make it more poseable.

You could modify it to be a giant Char. Take the arms from that giant AntMan from a few years back and put them on Fire Fang.:grin:

Edited by Ninjaguy99

22 hours ago, Ninjaguy99 said:

You could modify it to be a giant Char. Take the arms from that giant AntMan from a few years back and put them on Fire Can't.:grin:

That's actually a really funny idea! I might look into that.:laugh:

Who’s that pink game ninja rabbit/rat like fig? I want him as a tmnt villain. Are we getting all kind of old skool game/arcade like villains? That would mean i’d have to buy ninjago for the first time. 

What the hell with that pink "ninja" thing *huh*

58 minutes ago, Borex said:

I want him as a tmnt villain

I thought it was a TMNT villain, too :head_back:

No offence to anyone here, but why are you guys still discussing 2020 stuff in the 2019 thread? The dedicated 2020 thread has been out there for months: 

:wink:

So, I found the oddest thing at the Chadstone LEGO shop in Melbourne a few days ago; 

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=970c00pb0716&idColor=5#T=S&C=5&O={"color":5,"iconly":0}

Yeah. The legs from Casual Movie Kai that were exclusive to Ninjago City. I was on a time limit, so I didn’t have enough time to look and see if his exclusive torso was there as well. It’s not the first time I’ve found the occasional weird and interesting thing there, but I was still surprised; an exclusive minifigure part from a $500 AUD set? Has anyone else come across anything like this in the Build a Minifigure sections?

4 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

So, I found the oddest thing at the Chadstone LEGO shop in Melbourne a few days ago; 

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=970c00pb0716&idColor=5#T=S&C=5&O={"color":5,"iconly":0}

Yeah. The legs from Casual Movie Kai that were exclusive to Ninjago City. I was on a time limit, so I didn’t have enough time to look and see if his exclusive torso was there as well. It’s not the first time I’ve found the occasional weird and interesting thing there, but I was still surprised; an exclusive minifigure part from a $500 AUD set? Has anyone else come across anything like this in the Build a Minifigure sections?

It's been in there for more than a year, I think. As a similar case, I'm fairly sure you could pull the whole Overlord (from  Rebooted) out of it, at some point. Anyway, bear in mind that exclusive availability is not really so extraordinary for the company as it is for us customers. It's simply one of their many original IP designs that they've produced, and it just happens to be in their BAM selection because it is a nice design, or because they had overstock. To find parts in there from CMF series from yeeeears back is more remarkable, imho. Also, I once found (and bought!) a single Ninja head, from the 1999 theme, brand new! There are definitely weird and nice things you can find in there. 

Just want to let you guys know, the City Docks will be the Black Friday "deal of the day" on Friday (11/29) and the Ninjago City on Saturday (11/30). If any of you guys were waiting to get these, BF weekend would be the best time. Unless you find a better deal ;)

55 minutes ago, Evergreen said:

Just want to let you guys know, the City Docks will be the Black Friday "deal of the day" on Friday (11/29) and the Ninjago City on Saturday (11/30). If any of you guys were waiting to get these, BF weekend would be the best time. Unless you find a better deal ;)

Do we have prices?

20 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Do we have prices?

From what I heard all the "deals of the day" sets will be 30% off

14 hours ago, Evergreen said:

From what I heard all the "deals of the day" sets will be 30% off

I just checked SHOP@Home and it says Ninjago City;s already retired? When did that happen and what's your source on the Deals of the Day?

1 hour ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

I just checked SHOP@Home and it says Ninjago City;s already retired? When did that happen and what's your source on the Deals of the Day?

That I don't know about, but my source for the "Deals of the Day" is from the LEGO store. I asked about it and they showed me their list for BF weekend. You can just ask the LEGO retail employees and they'll just show you the list if you don't believe me.