37 minutes ago, Tobias_Jay said:

The piece count for the Golden Mech appears too high to be just the mech, so I wouldn’t be surprised if an Overlord Dragon was included with it, like the Giant Stone Warrior in the Earth Driller. Also, we only know the names of two sets, it’s possible other previously unreleased models are on the way. 

The Jungle Raider's inclusion is odd, but it shows they’re going up to season 4 with remakes, so maybe it’s an opportunity to get those last few elemental masters that we’re missing. 

We now have two more names - Kai’s Dragon and Jay’s Thunder Raider (from Rebooted). Given the time frame of these sets, I’m hoping Kai’s Dragon is an Elemental version, meaning that this is the first Legacy set to not be based on a previous Ninjago set (unless you count the polybag from skybound), which opens up new doors in terms of what we could see in the future!

And that’s a good point about the golden mech - fingers crossed for the Overlord Dragon!

14 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

I wonder if the Avatar pods will be like constraction figures.

Though I think that is highly unlikely, I would be totally down for it.

9 hours ago, Tobias_Jay said:

The piece count for the Golden Mech appears too high to be just the mech, so I wouldn’t be surprised if an Overlord Dragon was included with it, like the Giant Stone Warrior in the Earth Driller. Also, we only know the names of two sets, it’s possible other previously unreleased models are on the way. 

The Jungle Raider's inclusion is odd, but it shows they’re going up to season 4 with remakes, so maybe it’s an opportunity to get those last few elemental masters that we’re missing. 

Regarding the mech, I was thinking the same thing. I don't want a Fire Mech or Lloyd Mech sized Golden mech. The addition of the Overlord Dragon would be really really nice! 

The rumor of the Thunder Raider from Rebooted is also very intriguing. I loved that set and its still one of my prime display pieces. 

The 4+ Fire Dragon rumor is a little disheartening, but I'm also not the biggest fan of Dragons. So I'm okay with a small set for the up and coming Ninjago fans. 

The Jungle Raider will only be of use if we end up getting any of the last of the Elemental Masters. Will still need Jacob, Bolobo, Gravis, and Chamille. But, I don't see us getting all four in one fail-swoop. 

I love that we are getting a Legacy II wave! I feel we may get more in 2021 as it'll will be the 10 year anniversary of the series and will mark the longest in-house IP run in LEGO history (sorry bionicle)

If they actually do a set with the Golden Mech and Overlord Dragon I will buy the hell out of it. I've always felt like the absence of an Overlord Dragon is one of the most significant absences in the Ninjago product line. 

16 hours ago, Tobias_Jay said:

Both are good hypothesis 

6 hours ago, LegendsOfNinjago said:

The Jungle Raider will only be of use if we end up getting any of the last of the Elemental Masters. Will still need Jacob, Bolobo, Gravis, and Chamille. But, I don't see us getting all four in one fail-swoop.

TBH I'd also like to get some more anacondrai cultists. Now that I think about it more, I like the legacy idea, especially since i never got a lot of the nindroids. But I have concerns

The new wave is starting to show up at my local Mastermind. Not all the sets are on the shelves, specifically the spinjitzu sets and Lloyd's Titan Mech are missing. I was able to pick up Lloyd's Journey at 20% off since they've got a promotion running right now, and I've gotta say that even though it's got a super low piece count because of the Kitsune, it's still a pretty nice little bordedrpost set. I'm looking forward to integrating it in with the Ice Emperor's castle once I have a chance to pick that up.

Speaking of the Ice Emperor's castle, how would you guys go about expanding it to have a bit more size to it? I was thinking of adding another tower to start with, and then trying to integrate some sort of wall and front gate similar to what Nexo Knights had with their big castle, but I'm interested to head you guys' thoughts.

3 hours ago, shadefoundry said:

Speaking of the Ice Emperor's castle, how would you guys go about expanding it to have a bit more size to it? I was thinking of adding another tower to start with, and then trying to integrate some sort of wall and front gate similar to what Nexo Knights had with their big castle, but I'm interested to head you guys' thoughts.

I've seen a few people get multiples of the Lloyd's journey sent and add those on. Gatewise, I would pull the columns off the main set and use those for a gate of sorts.

11 hours ago, Lordofdragonss said:

I hope one day we will get Eyezor Anacondai version which never made into sets.
https://ninjago.fandom.com/wiki/Eyezor?file=Silvereye.jpg

Technically we did in the Day of the Departed wave, minus the tail and Mohawk - but I agree this is the best chance to get it if they come up with a new snake head mold like with the Skulkin

Today I got an email for a $10 off coupon at mastermind, so I used it to pick up a second copy of Lloyd's Journey. I took my two copies of the set, added a couple of those 2 x 4 Big Ugly Rock pieces and combined everything to make a more sizeable watchtower. I'm not sure how it compares to the one that comes in the Castle of the Forsaken Emperor set, but hopefully they're similar heights so I can display them nicely.

I will get these sets cool also 

21 hours ago, legozebra said:

Technically we did in the Day of the Departed wave, minus the tail and Mohawk - but I agree this is the best chance to get it if they come up with a new snake head mold like with the Skulkin

I think the original minifigure was pretty good

What are the odds that the leaked white female head with freckles is from something unknown in Ninjago?

Edited by obsidianheart

On 7/31/2019 at 11:00 PM, obsidianheart said:

What are the odds that the leaked white female head with freckles is from something unknown in Ninjago?

It's Parker from Hidden Side.

Either it's a print test or from an unknown set.

The only potential leaked NINJAGO head is the black one with the digital blue and red designs (based on set names, at least), but that might just be the head for the Series 19 Blacktron dude.

Having finally watched the “fire season” and gotten some of the summer sets... it is a bit of a shame that Aspheera doesn’t come with an extra “normal” set of legs so she can use Spinjitzu, since that’s kind of a big deal for her character arc. Unfortunately, I can’t find a perfect set of existing legs for that. Flame Yellowish Orange is a bit too garish and transitions well from the flames on the front of the torso but poorly from the gold sides of the torso. Gold has the opposite problem, with it matching the plastic color of the rest of the figure but transitioning poorly from the print on the torso. And the legs from the lesser fire snakes don’t work perfectly either, since even though the flame motifs match the torso flames okay while being subtler than solid Flame Yellowish Orange legs, their dominant tan color doesn’t even match the printed (white) wrappings on Aspheera’s torso. Neither do the printed white legs from the CMF mummy, which include Sand Green “skin” showing through and are otherwise TOO consistently white to match the subtler printed wrappings on Aspheera’s gold torso. If I had my wish the ideal solution might have been either gold legs printed with flame and wrapping patterns or Flame Yellowish Orange hips with Trans. Orange legs printed to evoke the same sort of pattern as the “ghost trail” legs, but at that point I recognize it would have been a pretty major expense for an alternate set of legs that only serve to make her compatible with the spinners.

I do think that if I were to settle for an imperfect set of legs (which, after all, would be mostly obscured by a spinner), the gold and Trans. Orange spinner from Kai vs. Samurai would probably be perfect.

5 hours ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

A new ninjago head just leaked. Jay?

The one with the triangles and bandana on one side? I’m not getting Jay from that, I think it’s a face design from the n3xt villain faction. 

5 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Having finally watched the “fire season” and gotten some of the summer sets... it is a bit of a shame that Aspheera doesn’t come with an extra “normal” set of legs so she can use Spinjitzu, since that’s kind of a big deal for her character arc. Unfortunately, I can’t find a perfect set of existing legs for that. Flame Yellowish Orange is a bit too garish and transitions well from the flames on the front of the torso but poorly from the gold sides of the torso. Gold has the opposite problem, with it matching the plastic color of the rest of the figure but transitioning poorly from the print on the torso. And the legs from the lesser fire snakes don’t work perfectly either, since even though the flame motifs match the torso flames okay while being subtler than solid Flame Yellowish Orange legs, their dominant tan color doesn’t even match the printed (white) wrappings on Aspheera’s torso. Neither do the printed white legs from the CMF mummy, which include Sand Green “skin” showing through and are otherwise TOO consistently white to match the subtler printed wrappings on Aspheera’s gold torso. If I had my wish the ideal solution might have been either gold legs printed with flame and wrapping patterns or Flame Yellowish Orange hips with Trans. Orange legs printed to evoke the same sort of pattern as the “ghost trail” legs, but at that point I recognize it would have been a pretty major expense for an alternate set of legs that only serve to make her compatible with the spinners.

I do think that if I were to settle for an imperfect set of legs (which, after all, would be mostly obscured by a spinner), the gold and Trans. Orange spinner from Kai vs. Samurai would probably be perfect.

Personally I think she should have come with a proper snake tail part. The ghost tail really isn’t accurate to ‘snake tail on fire’ . . also would have liked to see a ‘non-fired’ variant of her. Guess we’ll add that to the list of minifigs we need.

To me the leaked head looks like a digital Dragon Hunter (from the Hunted season) which Jay could have picked as his avatar, because we know the next season has something to do with videogames.

18 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

The one with the triangles and bandana on one side? I’m not getting Jay from that, I think it’s a face design from the n3xt villain faction. 

Personally I think she should have come with a proper snake tail part. The ghost tail really isn’t accurate to ‘snake tail on fire’ . . also would have liked to see a ‘non-fired’ variant of her. Guess we’ll add that to the list of minifigs we need.

Honestly, there are so many minifigs people want, that LEGO could make a CMF out of it.

4 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

I thought the jay head would be for a legacy version of this scene.

The expressions don’t seem to fit and it would probably be green, not blue, which lends itself more to an elemental aspect as we’ve seen in previous spinner and impulse buy related sets, but I’d love this variant at some point down the line.

On 8/13/2019 at 12:03 PM, legozebra said:

The expressions don’t seem to fit and it would probably be green, not blue, which lends itself more to an elemental aspect as we’ve seen in previous spinner and impulse buy related sets, but I’d love this variant at some point down the line.

Like I said. CMF.

Also I'm wondering how this will work out.

Edited by Ninjaguy99

10 hours ago, Ninjaguy99 said:

Like I said. CMF.

Also I'm wondering how this will work out.

Yeah, I’d kill for a Ninjago TV show CMF down the line, but I don’t know when/if that could ever happen. There’s enough material to cover several CMFs, and large gaps in not just side characters but main ninja outfits as well (casual, pink Zane, golden digiverse, space suits, future suits, etc)...

Edited by legozebra