1 hour ago, Peasantseverywhere said:

Why oh why is there glitter in all of the moulded spinners except Zanes?

Maybe they wanted his elementary power to be different from Nya? Not sure why they didn't stick with transparent clear for Nya as in the winter wave.

2 hours ago, Peasantseverywhere said:

why oh why is there glitter in all of the moulded spinners except Zanes? I thought maybe I had a faulty one but seeing reviews and photos it turns out Zanes spinner is the only one without this effect and it really makes it stand out from the group; which isn’t particularly something I want. Does anyone know why they chose to include this this way? It’s obviously not a major gripe I just can’t understand why all of them have it except Zane. 

Simple, Zane's too cool for glitters. :grin: 

Spoiler

Should I be ashamed that after 10 years of Ninjago, I can still laugh at that joke? :laugh:

To be honest, I wish they would be without glitters by default, although it may grow on me once I see them hands-on.

Got Shuricopter, Lloyds journey and Cole’s bike. I have to say I love Ice samurai and Pyro Vipers minifigs. You can clearly see LEGO put a lot of effort in the minifigs.

I´m sad they didn`t followed up this year with a 3rd set after the Ninjago City and Docks.. Maybe in 2020 then. :innocent2:

3 hours ago, Chilis said:

I´m sad they didn`t followed up this year with a 3rd set after the Ninjago City and Docks.. Maybe in 2020 then. :innocent2:

I was really hoping they would brand them as Ninjago modulars and move away from the Ninjago Movie branding, but it looks like that's not the case. The TV show recently switched animation companies and moved away from the hyper-detailed, complex and vibrant Ninjago Movie-esque city, so I'm not sure what the odds are of getting something like that again, which is really unfortunate as those are some of my favorite Ninjago sets ever.

According to Jang, Zane's spinner is actually light aqua and trans. light blue. While initially confused as to why Zane's spinner didn't include glitter, I think it was a compromise. Since light aqua is a rarer color, I don't believe it would have been cost efficient to use both light aqua and glitter in one spinner. While it would've been absolutely amazing to see both, I think it was good trade.

I’ve been playing around with one of the Spinjitzu Slam sets and I can confirm that the mechanism not only works with the Legacy wave spinners, but also works with the 2011/12 spinners. Kind of a game changer for people still wanting to play the old Spinjitzu game. It also kind of begs the question why they redesigned the Spinjitzu tornado mould but it looks kind of cool, so I’m not really complaining. 

9 hours ago, Tobias_Jay said:

I’ve been playing around with one of the Spinjitzu Slam sets and I can confirm that the mechanism not only works with the Legacy wave spinners, but also works with the 2011/12 spinners. Kind of a game changer for people still wanting to play the old Spinjitzu game. It also kind of begs the question why they redesigned the Spinjitzu tornado mould but it looks kind of cool, so I’m not really complaining. 

Sometimes a change like that is just about making something feel newer. Using the same tornado pieces, even in a new color combo, might confuse kids into thinking the Summer and Winter Spinjitzu sets were interchangeable despite functionally offering fairly different play experiences (one designed around an action feature and the other designed around customized attachments). Especially with two waves of Spinjitzu sets in one year, it's important that they stand out from one another.

Looking at these sets, I'm honestly in love with the new Ice Samurai figures. Something that I've noticed is that you can get all of the figures from that faction by just picking up the Spinjitzu set, Lloyd's Journey and the Castle of the Forsaken Emperor, which means that if you wanted to you could completely skip all of the vehicle sets and still get all the faction's figures. Sadly the same can't be said for the Fire Snake faction since most of those sets are vehicles, which is a shame since I likely won't be picking up many of them because the vehicles do nothing for me and that giant snake thing is a tad pricier than I'd like it to be.

Just buy the Pyro Vipers through buy bricks on replacement bricks, you can get all the parts for Asphera, Char and the minions, the only piece you can't get is the shield.

P.S. you don't have to worry about the FS flags, all three come in every set with the FS flags.

Speaking of the FS flags/scrolls, why are there three? There's one that's obviously Fire, for the snakes, and one that's ice, for the samurai. But there's a third that looks like it's Earth themed. Why?

16 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Speaking of the FS flags/scrolls, why are there three? There's one that's obviously Fire, for the snakes, and one that's ice, for the samurai. But there's a third that looks like it's Earth themed. Why?

Maybe it's Wolf-Girl's tribe?

I think the FS flags change to whomever is using it, one is Aspheras, ones the Forsaken Emperors and ones Wu's.

10 hours ago, shadefoundry said:

Looking at these sets, I'm honestly in love with the new Ice Samurai figures. Something that I've noticed is that you can get all of the figures from that faction by just picking up the Spinjitzu set, Lloyd's Journey and the Castle of the Forsaken Emperor, which means that if you wanted to you could completely skip all of the vehicle sets and still get all the faction's figures. Sadly the same can't be said for the Fire Snake faction since most of those sets are vehicles, which is a shame since I likely won't be picking up many of them because the vehicles do nothing for me and that giant snake thing is a tad pricier than I'd like it to be.

Unfortunately the Ice Samurai warrior head is already sold out on replacement bricks. Some army builders must have hit that one hard.

1 minute ago, bricksnator said:

Unfortunately the Ice Samurai warrior head is already sold out on replacement bricks. Some army builders must have hit that one hard.

Yeah, I can see that considering they're going to be very useful for Game of Thrones mocs. I'll probably pick up a few of the fire snakes just to have them in my collection. Not sure how many Ice Samurais I'm going to need to pick up to fully populate the castle, hopefully I only need to pick up a few. Then again the new armor pieces are freaking awesome, so I'll probably pick up a few extras just for custom stuff.

2 hours ago, Dr.Cogg said:

Just buy the Pyro Vipers through buy bricks on replacement bricks, you can get all the parts for Asphera, Char and the minions, the only piece you can't get is the shield.

P.S. you don't have to worry about the FS flags, all three come in every set with the FS flags.

I did just that and got my first order today I must say the Fire Snakes/Pyro Vipers are awesome.  The Torso's are very nicely detailed.  The Ice Samurai are very detailed too.  Although the head I wanted the most is sold out.  I'm sure the ice zombie head will show up as some white walkers from game of thrones somewhere.  I will be buying some of the sets too when they come out.  I am really impressed with the figs for this wave even the ninja look great.  

The July calendar for US shows Cole’s Dirt Bike, which oddly enough seems to be the only S11 set available earlier than August

3 hours ago, legozebra said:

The July calendar for US shows Cole’s Dirt Bike, which oddly enough seems to be the only S11 set available earlier than August

Judging by the calendar, a bunch of $20 sets for several August themes will be showing up early in July.

Shop@Home confirms this as well.

On 6/24/2019 at 4:36 PM, PenPlays said:

Judging by the calendar, a bunch of $20 sets for several August themes will be showing up early in July.

Shop@Home confirms this as well.

I saw that - how odd; I've never experienced Lego trying this strategy of releasing some small sets early ahead of the rest in the wave. Could it be that the smaller sets tend to be overshadowed and they wanted to give people a further incentive to buy them to be the first?

On 6/25/2019 at 5:07 PM, legozebra said:

I saw that - how odd; I've never experienced Lego trying this strategy of releasing some small sets early ahead of the rest in the wave. Could it be that the smaller sets tend to be overshadowed and they wanted to give people a further incentive to buy them to be the first?

I think it's a strategy to get folks to visit the LEGO Store/LEGO Shop Online. The smaller set being LEGO exclusive for a month is the lure; they want to get folks in the door to spend more.

On 6/26/2019 at 2:07 AM, legozebra said:

More orders = More people trying to round out VIP points or going for Gift with Purchases or Free Shipping.

They even brought back older Gift with Purchase for June, Avengers Tower (Disney/Marvel/Star Wars sets) and Year of the Pig (with Dragon Boat race), in Europe at least, and extended the Rocket Ride by 2 weeks as well.

July will see a re-appearance of the "Christmas-in-July" Gift with Purchase.

Edited by TeriXeri