8 hours ago, makoy said:

I can't remember having to buy 3 different armour/suit variants in a single wave before.

Ninjago Movie had regular suits, casual outfits, black and/or white training suits, training suits with the kendo mask in pods, regular suits with kendo masks, regular suits with hair and some ninja had extra individual suits. So it had 3-6 types of ninja, depending on what you call individual suit and what is just a mismatch of other parts.

Also 2012 had ZX, Kendo and NRG but you can count NRG as a second wave of the year.

48 minutes ago, makoy said:

Oh speaking of Nya.... I don't know if she can ever catch up with the number of costumes since she is always behind in some way. Technically she didn't get any chance to be in that dimension so.... Maybe not ever?

Very true, but I don't like having absences from suit variants after a character was released. 

11 minutes ago, 0Marty0 said:

Ninjago Movie had regular suits, casual outfits, black and/or white training suits, training suits with the kendo mask in pods, regular suits with kendo masks, regular suits with hair and some ninja had extra individual suits. So it had 3-6 types of ninja, depending on what you call individual suit and what is just a mismatch of other parts.

Also 2012 had ZX, Kendo and NRG but you can count NRG as a second wave of the year.

It seems that my memory is rejecting that TLNM ever happened. However, you may agree or disagree with my line of thinking here but I do not count the black and white training outfits as it is more like a uniform. I can buy a dozen Lloyds or Kai and swap the heads to make up the rest of the ninjas.

With regards to masks, ideally each ninja should come with their mask and hairpieces... but of course the marketing forces consumers to buy 2 different copies -- one with a hairpiece and another one with a mask. If everyone follows this principle, then we are all screwed by the different permutations of head, armour, torso and legs. I usually stick with torso and legs combination, as seen on TV, to simplify my collection. 

I do recall TLNM first wave had quite a number of Lloyd variants but most ninjas only got the 1 regular suit and 1 casual outfits with the exception of Cole who has 2. 

8 minutes ago, Umbra-Manis said:

Very true, but I don't like having absences from suit variants after a character was released. 

Yeah, I understand what you mean. If you remember the Stone Armour variants -- we had to wait many years before the complete line up is completed.

Then there are several variants like Zane in Prison Outfit and Echo Zane that has no counterparts with the rest of the ninjas. So, Nya having no Dragon Master suit does not bother me at all compared to these 2 that I mentioned. 

2 hours ago, Umbra-Manis said:

Yeah, it’s really annoying as I display figures in a row, but then they do one offs like rebooted golden suit Kai and Future Jay when we have no clue if we will ever get the variants for the other figures. They barely managed to release the missing stone armor figures from the end of rebooted through various promos and books, but it’s very infrequent and unlikely. Not sure why there are different variants of FS suits for Lloyd, Jay, Kai, and Zane only (and not the other two) other than spinner exclusivity, which didn’t seem to be an issue with the spinners earlier this year repeating figures.

On another note, does anyone know if US LEGO stores will be getting the figure pack tomorrow? I spoke to my local discovery center and LEGO store and neither have it in stock for release tomorrow... is it a shop at home exclusive?

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/product/MF-Set-NINJAGO-2019-40342

Edit: spoke to a regional manager and they confirmed it hasn’t shipped yet with no ETA as to when it’ll be out in US stores. Same for the rest of the packs, which is a bummer.

Edited by legozebra

On 5/29/2019 at 3:10 PM, TheGlynreaper said:

pretty good news today for me as my local LEGOLAND discovery centre store has all the summer sets available and for sale now so I picked up the minifigure pack

interesting

7 hours ago, makoy said:

You're welcome. Take note that Zane Cole and Nya only have 2 variants as they don't appear with any "Spinjitzu Slam" ... I wonder if they will appear in promotional item again. 

Yeah Nya doesn't often get a variant.

Edited by Thedarkmaster2

I built the castle of the forsaken emperor yesterday and wow what a great build the colours really blend in and stand out

the wyvern dragon is pretty big and has got plenty of articulation , the set comes in bags numbered 1 to 10

ok the ice samurai minifigures are amazing and probably my favourite ninjago villains by design alone

my only gripe is when I opened up the box the sheet with the wyvern wings was pretty bent as they had no protection from the bags

Heads up for US buyers waiting on the sets - a German seller on Bricklink has all the summer sets in good quantity at near ridiculously low prices (the entire wave is about USD100 cheaper in total than buying them at retail). I purchased five of the sets and even with shipping, it was way cheaper than getting it at the LEGO store in August. It seems almost too good to be true, but I’ve got a tracking number and confirmation it’s been shipped so fingers crossed...

Just thought I'd drop that you can buy a complete clutch powers except for the hair of all things from Bricks and Pieces for 1.82 in the US right now.

I just built the fire fang and again another impressive build , I love the rattling tail function and I still stand by my claim that it closely resembles jafars snake form at the end of Aladdin if you hate the throne bit at the top of the snake don't worry its easily removable

I appreciate the amount of snake and ice samurai minifigures you get in this wave

9 hours ago, Umbra-Manis said:

Just thought I'd drop that you can buy a complete clutch powers except for the hair of all things from Bricks and Pieces for 1.82 in the US right now.

I wanted to get it.... but of course, B&P is not available in this part of the world :cry_sad: 

Just now, ninjagoyax555 said:

which set would be good for army building fire snakes ??

Fire Fang and Katana 4x4 will yield you all the unique design of the snakes but if you just like the cheapest, then just go for the Fire Fang set as it has 3 snakes.

1 hour ago, ninjagoyax555 said:

Lego's brick and pieces service has all the pieces including weapons, if you really want a good size army without buying multiples of sets you don't want its your best bet. 

On 6/2/2019 at 12:34 AM, Umbra-Manis said:

Thank you so much for dropping this info. I just ordered the pieces. Way easier than waiting for the minifigure pack to actually be available for purchase, and cheaper.

So, did anybody notice that new upscaled foam golden weapons have been released on (European?) shop.lego.com?

853896 Shurikens of Ice and 853897 Scythe of Quakes are released, 853895 Sword of Fire is in their description but I couldn't find it on the website.

These are 3D and look just as the original pieces, not the flat foam ones we had previously...

853896_alt1.jpeg

853897_alt1.jpeg

3 hours ago, 0Marty0 said:

So, did anybody notice that new upscaled foam golden weapons have been released on (European?) shop.lego.com?

853896 Shurikens of Ice and 853897 Scythe of Quakes are released, 853895 Sword of Fire is in their description but I couldn't find it on the website.

These are 3D and look just as the original pieces, not the flat foam ones we had previously...

It was a pleasant surprise to see these at my local discovery center (US-PA) which had all three — wish they made one for the Nunchuks of Lightning (I cant imagine why they didn’t as the LEGO ninjago movie had life size flails) but they’re great

On 6/8/2019 at 3:36 PM, legozebra said:

It was a pleasant surprise to see these at my local discovery center (US-PA) which had all three — wish they made one for the Nunchuks of Lightning (I cant imagine why they didn’t as the LEGO ninjago movie had life size flails) but they’re great

From what I heard is that they pulled the flail a day after launch.

Probably the reason why there aren't Nunchucks of Lightning.

On 6/3/2019 at 12:24 PM, ninjagoyax555 said:

The Fire Fang set, or brick-link

On 6/3/2019 at 7:02 PM, Henry Bricklider said:

Thank you so much for dropping this info. I just ordered the pieces. Way easier than waiting for the minifigure pack to actually be available for purchase, and cheaper.

Yes but that set comes with a unique snow samurai

9 hours ago, PenPlays said:

From what I heard is that they pulled the flail a day after launch.

Probably the reason why there aren't Nunchucks of Lightning.

Oh wow, guess I got lucky by impulse buying the lot on day 1, Although I reckon the hammer could have done much more damage than the flail; that thing had some solid heft to it and could be swung by reckless children to great effect...

so I found out that you can buy all the figure components to the Forbidden Spinjitzu ninja and opt to get the head pieces for Nya and Zane from the inset models too. Kinda excited I was able to skip buy the mech, the katana x4 and the smaller 3 FS sets. 

I haven’t really done much thoughts sharing here on Eurobricks recently so this may end up being a long post but just had some thoughts I’d like to share on this wave of Ninjago after having now acquired about 80% of them.

Firslty; Wow. What an incredible wave of sets, I picked up pretty much all the sets from my local Smyths and even the sets I wasn’t that excited for have become some of my favourites. The first set I put together was the Katana 4x4 because I wasn’t sure if I was going to like it at all but it not only exceeded expectations but became one of my favourite Ninja vehicles. It is one of the most sleek, sturdy and creative Ninjago vehicles around and I was so interested in all the little construction details used to give it its unique shape. I won’t go into too much detail with the rest but I would highly suggest picking up as many as possible (particularly Lloyds Titan Mech as that set is superb!) 

Now I get on to why I decided to make this post to see if anyone could help me out. I have not bought any of the Spinjitzu Slam sets as I only wanted the Season 11 Suits and the Forbidden Spinjitzu Suits and Lego decided to offer both between the sets this year which I think is a great idea. As I was building the sets I was completely in love with the new spinner designs with the glitter effect which looks superb whilst spinning and is a real step up from the already-excellent spinners we had in January. But. And yes I’m sure you expected a but, why oh why is there glitter in all of the moulded spinners except Zanes? I thought maybe I had a faulty one but seeing reviews and photos it turns out Zanes spinner is the only one without this effect and it really makes it stand out from the group; which isn’t particularly something I want. Does anyone know why they chose to include this this way? It’s obviously not a major gripe I just can’t understand why all of them have it except Zane. 

I do want to end on an upbeat note though and say damn these sets are awsome! I only have a few left to build now and they keep getting better and better so I would suggest getting as many as possible (or as far as your budget will stretch) :)