10 hours ago, legozebra said:

Whoah! Never did I ever expect us to get a Clutch Powers figure! Wait - does that mean his old movie is canon to the Ninjago world (likely not) or are they just using the character and implying he had adventures in the past? Man, this is exciting! Now all we need is Johnny Thunder to show up and Ninjago shall become full on Adventurers...

Probably more like Invizible and Toxikita's appearances in Season 5. If Clutch Powers was canon completely, that'd mean LEGO elements exists aside from the characters.

Edited by GarmaFan

On 5/13/2019 at 10:04 PM, legozebra said:

Man, this is exciting! Now all we need is Johnny Thunder to show up and Ninjago shall become full on Adventurers...

Hey, perhaps Ninjago could be setting the groundwork for a new Adventurers theme through its TV show... :purrr:

Loving the inclusion of Clutch Powers. 

The designers love to mine the lore of LEGO and I really appreciate that. :grin:

Brick Ministry on YouTube has a speed build video of Lloyd's Titan Mech.

Such a gorgeous mech set! It takes the techniques for making bigger mechs from the Ninjago Movie sets and really elevates them with more naturalistic shaping and great details.

On 5/13/2019 at 3:40 PM, Falconfan1414 said:

The new ninjago battle pack is out and there is a figure who seems to be clutch powers! 

it's out?

So a press release from TLG advertises the new seasons to be like the old ones but also different to attract new fans. And episodes will just be 11 minutes.
Sad to see Ninjago also being sacrificed on the altar of profits. I hope it will still be somewhat good and keep the good whitty dialogues as well as asian-mystic adventurous nature

On the bright side, this is still longer than any previous season. I don't think much will change.

Edited by GarmaFan

Lego also said they would delve more into Ninjagos history, which if we get Asian folklore inspired enemies (Oni, Samurai) that would be cool.

Edited by Dr.Cogg

On 5/18/2019 at 6:05 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

I was looking forward to seeing this one IRL as the pictures didn't impress me. Hands-on, though, this looks stellar!

The Wyvern - It's quite good, almost Green NRG good. I wasn't expecting that level of shaping in this build. Love the shaping of neck and head, and the use of the ragged texture parts throughout. Mixed on the wings, as they look too big. 

Main Fortress - The center is a bit jarring, but the function is very innovative! The builds for the fortifications are great, with many great part usages, such as the 2x1 round plate and small barb for icicles, the masonry brick, the use of the flag panel parts for the roofs. Since space is limited, it was smart to use the second level as watchtowers. It allows you to display figures on the exterior and interior of the build.

Additional Fort - It feels incomplete. It doesn't have the level of detail that the main fortress does, with a lot more prefab parts making up the build. That said, the function they fit in is good, and so is the crossbow shooter on top.

The figures - So many good figures! Lloyd and Cole's new garbs are among some of the best this wave. I love the look of the FS masks, and the spinner is glitter. Enough said. As for Akita, I love the ornamental look of her garbs, and the tail cloth element and hat/hair combo part top it off fantastically. 

For the baddies, they're alright. First, the Ice Emperor looks awesome in the white armor. Wish they would've made the other Samurai white as well. Speaking of which, you get three of them here. The "ice" printing looks uber fake. They're only good with the armor, IMO. However, the Samurai armor are among some of the coolest parts introduced in this wave of sets. Can't complain there.

Edited by Cocoa

On 5/18/2019 at 6:39 PM, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

Sad to see Ninjago also being sacrificed on the altar of profits. I hope it will still be somewhat good and keep the good whitty dialogues as well as asian-mystic adventurous nature

We don't know that it'll be bad

Clutch Powers in Ninjago... Finally LEGO makes a good decision for Ninjago in a long time. Can't wait to see how he will appear in the TV Show! Whether he will have  a major role or he will be  just a cameo, I for sure will enjoy it!

Edited by Lego David

49 minutes ago, Lego David said:

Clutch Powers in Ninjago... Finally LEGO makes a good decision for Ninjago in a long time.

I would say Lego has done other good things, but yeah hopefully it doesn't end up being like Tox did. you know, not actually doing much

9 minutes ago, Thedarkmaster2 said:

I would say Lego has done other good things,

I know, but ever since the LEGO Ninjago Movie, I feel LEGO has done some weird choices for the theme, such as the completely unnecessary character redesign and bringing back Garmadon as the main villain. Not that they are bad, but weird.

9 minutes ago, Thedarkmaster2 said:

but yeah hopefully it doesn't end up being like Tox did. you know, not actually doing much

Well, ever since Invisible and Toxikita showed up in Ninjago in season 6, their role was to be just cameos, so I don't blame them for that.

Edited by Lego David

18 hours ago, Lego David said:

I feel LEGO has done some weird choices for the theme, such as the completely unnecessary character redesign and bringing back Garmadon as the main villain. Not that they are bad, but weird.

Yeah and they've stopped having the fold record music for the last three seasons.. But apparently they're coming back

18 hours ago, Lego David said:

Well, ever since Invisible and Toxikita showed up in Ninjago in season 6, their role was to be just cameos

still it is the last time they did something like this

20 hours ago, Lego David said:

Clutch Powers in Ninjago... Finally LEGO makes a good decision for Ninjago in a long time. Can't wait to see how he will appear in the TV Show! Whether he will have  a major role or he will be  just a cameo, I for sure will enjoy it!

The Brick Fan - More Images of Summer 2019 LEGO Minifigure Packs

2.jpg

Just now, Lego David said:

Wait, what? They are comming back? Who said that?

The Fold said on their twitter that they're writing music for the next season. 

Just now, Lego David said:

Huh. It seems like he hasn't really lost his eye after all...

Why would he have an eye patch then?