20 hours ago, Thedarkmaster2 said:

They probably won't do that because the movie did so poorly

I wouldn't necessarily rule out another Ninjago City-compatible set someday (though future ones would be more likely to be based on the Ninjago TV series than the movie).

That said, I don't really see a "crossover" set like that offered. There's just too much adaptation that would have to happen in terms of scale, ground level, and so forth, all targeted at a smaller audience than either theme (those who collect both Ninjago City and the modulars and want to display them together). For such a specific sort of desire, you're better off MOCing something than waiting around for an official release.

I would actually prefer a Ninjago City Expansion based on the show, here is an example why: imagine if the Ninjago City Docks didn't have the Shark Army, but SOG or the Oni instead and Civilian Harumi.

On 5/4/2019 at 2:01 PM, Lyichir said:

That said, I don't really see a "crossover" set like that offered. There's just too much adaptation that would have to happen in terms of scale, ground level, and so forth, all targeted at a smaller audience than either theme (those who collect both Ninjago City and the modulars and want to display them together). For such a specific sort of desire, you're better off MOCing something than waiting around for an official release.

Yeah outside of the lego movie Lego doesn't really do crossover sets

2 hours ago, Exetrius said:

Someone on reddit got ahold of the Land Bounty and built it! *huh*

They've been out in several countries for several days now.

1 hour ago, Thedarkmaster2 said:

of course

Not sure whether that's supposed to mean I'm wrong or something else. ?

The Land Bounty in particular was bought at Legoland Billund, according to that Reddit post. The store in Legoland Billund has a history of debuting new waves of a theme early, even before Lego Brand Retail or other European stores.

1 hour ago, Ragana9289 said:

And what is it ?

Czech Republic, UK, Slovak Republic that I know of, probably some other as well.

8 hours ago, dimaks13 said:

Not sure whether that's supposed to mean I'm wrong or something else

It's a joke because my country always gets the sets late

14 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

The new ninjago battle pack is out and there is a figure who seems to be clutch powers! 

Have we got pictures? Where?

24 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

The new ninjago battle pack is out and there is a figure who seems to be clutch powers! 

WHAT.

That's crazy in the best way.

Also, if it ties in with the story, I wonder if this means that the Egyptian-inspired Pyro Snakes are in fact connected to the Serpentine Pyramid where Clutch Powers apparently found the Constrictai Fang Blade, as mentioned in The Royal Blacksmiths.

Okay, I've seen the picture, and 'Clutch Powers' has an eyepatch. I'm not sure why that would be the case, unless he appears in this season and loses an eye. 

Also, repeat of Legacy Kai and one Pyro Snake and one Ice Samurai. So I guess it has army building value?

20 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Okay, I've seen the picture, and 'Clutch Powers' has an eyepatch. I'm not sure why that would be the case, unless he appears in this season and loses an eye. 

Also, repeat of Legacy Kai and one Pyro Snake and one Ice Samurai. So I guess it has army building value?

I would assume the eyepatch, stubble, and scruffy jacket are just meant to signify how much time has passed since we last saw him. A future version of an adventure hero showing the toll their years of adventuring have taken on them is a fairly common trope, all things considered.

32 minutes ago, Aanchir said:

I would assume the eyepatch, stubble, and scruffy jacket are just meant to signify how much time has passed since we last saw him. A future version of an adventure hero showing the toll their years of adventuring have taken on them is a fairly common trope, all things considered.

Also.. his jacket says his initials.

3 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Alright, that's pretty damn cool. :thumbup: :smug:

I mean, I'm not a Clutch Powers fan, but I always appreciate a brown leather jacket torso print of nearly any kind, especially if it portrays an aviator/bomber jacket in that color! Now, had the jacket lacked that sewn-up patch and initials though, it would have been perfect for a yellow skin-toned Indiana Jones! :grin:

Whoah! Never did I ever expect us to get a Clutch Powers figure! Wait - does that mean his old movie is canon to the Ninjago world (likely not) or are they just using the character and implying he had adventures in the past? Man, this is exciting! Now all we need is Johnny Thunder to show up and Ninjago shall become full on Adventurers...

2 hours ago, legozebra said:

Wait - does that mean his old movie is canon to the Ninjago world (likely not) or are they just using the character and implying he had adventures in the past?

Well, in the movie a villain named Omega kidnapped Clutch's father...

Ninjago has the best surprises of all themes. Period. :purrr:

The lack of a physical Clutch Powers figure has always bothered me, even if he's not as iconic as Johnny Thunder. What a way to get him! :sweet: That said, I do wish he had a more movie accurate face, but I could probably find one in my own collection.  

I am really looking forward to the minifigure pack, mostly just for Clutch Powers. I remember when I first saw the movie and wanting a minifigure representation of the titular character. I quite like this minifigure and can’t wait to add it to my collection. I also like the inclusion of one figure from each of the enemy factions, and while it is weird Kai is using his Legacy uniform, I don’t mind as I don’t have that figure. Is it safe to assume this will be a LEGO Shop exclusive like the Knightmare Batman?