14 hours ago, GarmaFan said:

That was just Wu in Land Bounty, apparently. With an inexplicably redesigned face and ponytail..

I thought new printing was good?

2 hours ago, GarmaFan said:

I mean, it is, just slightly confusing.

interesting since his face without beard piece looks very different. As his clothing style.
So I wonder where this season is going - we had Mad Max just 2 seasons ago :laugh:

5 hours ago, crimsondeity said:

Yeah, I’m not a fan of those being included, especially in the Castle set. I wish they had gone with something more like the Dragon Pit, with the towers incorporating prisons, workshops, etc. It makes for a more interesting build and display, and in my opinion, has longer play value.

I’m assuming that the spinner gimmick is still popular with kids, since they continue to release them individually and in sets; but it seems like an odd choice to turn one of the bigger, more expensive sets into a glorified launchpad. 

It's not a launchpad. Almost the opposite—you place the spinner between the spikes and slide the tab forward to "split open" the castle. Personally I love the feature, as not only does it integrate the spinner in a really unique way, but even without taking the use of the spinner into account it reminds me of the cool and dynamic function of the Fire Temple.

As for the budget of the sets being compromised by the spinners, I think people are assuming they eat up more of the budget than they do. Yes, it's a new part, but being split up between so many sets makes the mold cost less per set than it would otherwise. And in terms of the raw cost of the part itself... Lego only charges a dollar on Bricks and Pieces for the spinners for the first half of the year, so I can't imagine there'd be much savings if you were to cut these new ones, either—maybe at best you could afford to replace them with a different new part, but I doubt cutting them would allow for that much more detail to be added to the rest of the sets in their place.

It’s definitely a unique way to utilize the spinner; I just tend to be more of a “display” person, so its not a function I’ll end up using after the first set-up. But again, I’m not the target audience! 

1 hour ago, Lyichir said:

It's not a launchpad. Almost the opposite—you place the spinner between the spikes and slide the tab forward to "split open" the castle. Personally I love the feature, as not only does it integrate the spinner in a really unique way, but even without taking the use of the spinner into account it reminds me of the cool and dynamic function of the Fire Temple.

So it's like Lloyd using Spinjitzu to destroy the temple?

30 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

So it's like Lloyd using Spinjitzu to destroy the temple?

Either that or it's just meant to be some sort of Spinjitzu-activated mechanism.

7 hours ago, ninjagoyax555 said:

are we getting a store exclusive for this wave? 

I’d hope so, but I feel like we’d at least know a set number for it by now, so it’s not looking likely...

On 4/22/2019 at 4:23 PM, Lyichir said:

Yes, it's a new part, but being split up between so many sets makes the mold cost less per set than it would otherwise

remember these are also molded in many different colors

1 hour ago, Thedarkmaster2 said:

remember these are also molded in many different colors

Yes, but the cost of recolored parts is much, much smaller than the cost of a new mold. The cost of recolors can still add up, mind you, but even so—Lego cutting one recolored spinner from each of the sets would free them up to... add one different recolor in place of each of them. Which doesn't exactly seem to me like it'd make that substantial a difference in the set designs. On top of that, considering the cost of the new mold is distributed across the theme even if no two sets use the same color, Lego is making more economical use of the mold by reusing it more widely than they would by keeping it limited to the four new spinner sets it appears in.

Ultimately, it just doesn't make sense to me to wish for some hypothetical, nonexistent versions of the sets that don't include the spinners if I can't picture any sort of non-negligible benefit it would bring in exchange. :sceptic:

11 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Ultimately, it just doesn't make sense to me to wish for some hypothetical, nonexistent versions of the sets that don't include the spinners if I can't picture any sort of non-negligible benefit it would bring in exchange.

The big question is why they got rid of the spinners from Legacy, those worked well

2 hours ago, Thedarkmaster2 said:

The big question is why they got rid of the spinners from Legacy, those worked well

That's a fair question that's hard for me to answer before we've seen a comparison "in the brick", both in terms of look and functionality. Based on the pictures we've got, the new spinners look like they might be slightly smaller or less wide, which could conceivably assist with the "slammer" function in the dedicated spinner sets (since the launchers seem to launch them at an angle).

And sometimes, it is just a matter of making new things "look new". Lego might have considered it harder to sell the new "Spinjitzu Slam" sets if the spinners themselves looked like the ones had just come out, despite the slammer functionality being a very novel addition that changes the "gameplay" completely. It's the same reason why Lego seems to like to change up things like the ninja masks in updated versions of the minifigures—even minor updates can help set them apart from the previous versions of characters.

On 4/23/2019 at 2:11 AM, Tobias_Jay said:

I’d hope so, but I feel like we’d at least know a set number for it by now, so it’s not looking likely...

well you never know 

7 hours ago, Lyichir said:

And sometimes, it is just a matter of making new things "look new". Lego might have considered it harder to sell the new "Spinjitzu Slam" sets if the spinners themselves looked like the ones had just come out, despite the slammer functionality being a very novel addition that changes the "gameplay" completely.

That's understandable it just seems like a waste of money. And it's weird how the same people who are loosing their minds on the "waste" of molding that they claim was done with the ice army and pyro snakes. But for this they're eerily silent. Despite this probably being far more costly

am i only one who still hoping for a fire snake pyramid set? i do see the most of fire snakes sets in the background i do see the pyramid in the background what gives me hope some how some way we get a set of it it unlikely but we do never know   

1 hour ago, ninjagoyax555 said:

am i only one who still hoping for a fire snake pyramid set? i do see the most of fire snakes sets in the background i do see the pyramid in the background what gives me hope some how some way we get a set of it it unlikely but we do never know   

course pyramit would be cool. But this wave has soooo many sets already...

A friend gave me the Monestary set as present - I wouldn't have bought it myself, after having built it I'm so glad to own it. the roofs of both "walls" can be connected, which looks just sooo good.

And all the easter eggs are nice tribute to all of the seasons.

2 hours ago, ninjagoyax555 said:

I’d love to see a fortress style pyramid for the pyro snake faction; but I’d be surprised of we got one in this wave. Although if I’m not mistaken, the S.O.G. and Hunted sets were spread out over two waves? So maybe we’ll see something like that for early 2020.

21 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

A friend gave me the Monestary set as present - I wouldn't have bought it myself, after having built it I'm so glad to own it. the roofs of both "walls" can be connected, which looks just sooo good.

And all the easter eggs are nice tribute to all of the seasons.

I recently picked up the monastery set, and really enjoyed the build. The easter eggs were great! I also really enjoyed all of the little details and traps.

In the future, I’d like to see either updated, more detailed versions of previous builds along with never released sets from previous series; maybe they could continue the Ninjago City series while moving away from the movie tie-ins. 

On 4/25/2019 at 4:36 PM, ninjagoyax555 said:

am i only one who still hoping for a fire snake pyramid set?

You're not the only one but without a set number we're unlikely to get another set this wave

On 4/26/2019 at 2:06 AM, crimsondeity said:

I recently picked up the monastery set, and really enjoyed the build. The easter eggs were great! I also really enjoyed all of the little details and traps.

In the future, I’d like to see either updated, more detailed versions of previous builds along with never released sets from previous series; maybe they could continue the Ninjago City series while moving away from the movie tie-ins. 

there's endless potential for this..
As for the City sets, unfortunately the "Docks" set didn't seem to sell as well.

31 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

there's endless potential for this..
As for the City sets, unfortunately the "Docks" set didn't seem to sell as well.

To be honest, I was not necessarily expecting any new installments after the docks. For one thing, The LEGO Ninjago Movie branding wouldn't really be so relevant with the movie being less and less "current"… none of the LEGO movies so far have gotten more than one year's worth of sets unless you count LEGO Movie branded Dimensions packs. Also, it's very rare for sets as big as those (bulkier and pricier than even most Star Wars Ultimate Collector Series sets or Creator Expert Modular Buildings) to show up every year without fail. People often need time to save up money for sets that big, and releasing them too often might make it feel impossible for many people to keep up.

If we do see a new Ninjago City expansion at any point, I suspect it will be whenever LEGO thinks the theme is due for another D2C set, and it would probably be a slight departure from the previous two since it would most likely be designed to tie in with core LEGO Ninjago brand rather than The LEGO Ninjago Movie.

Lego should make an crossover set for Ninjago City and the Regular Modular sets so they could be connected. This could be done with a building but also with something like a small park on a 32x32. 

On 5/2/2019 at 6:55 AM, Kyrasdad said:

Lego should make an crossover set for Ninjago City and the Regular Modular sets so they could be connected. This could be done with a building but also with something like a small park on a 32x32. 

They probably won't do that because the movie did so poorly