12 minutes ago, LegendsOfNinjago said:

Does anyone know anything about release dates? I’m really hoping we get the new sets in June...kinda tired of the US having to wait until August..

US is getting in August again.

16 hours ago, Lyichir said:

If there's any Chima connection, I think it's less likely that it's characters FROM the realm Chima than it is for Fire and Ice Chi from that realm to be involved somehow in the resurrection of both sets of seemingly undead elemental baddies.

It would make sense

wooah I really really love that mech and I may pick more than one of those fox sets , ill also be getting the snake and ice fortress sets

14 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Eh. Agree to disagree. I'll admit the Land Bounty isn't as ugly as the prelim pictures first suggested, but the Movie Bounty set my standards high and it just pales in comparison. You're probably right about the TLM2 connection, though.

My perception of the Land Bounty is a lot more favorable as well, though I suspect that's partly because I'm thinking of it less as a weaker successor to the more traditional ship/airship versions of the Destiny's Bounty and more as a far superior take on the "rolling HQ" concept LEGO previously attempted with the Ninja DB X (Destiny's Bounty Express). Rather than a somewhat boring and weird-looking truck, this design feels both a lot more detailed/playable than the DB X (working steering, yo!) and a lot truer to the Ninjago theme's wacky and playfully anachronistic tone.

And in general, I feel pretty good about the fact that this set is such a different take on the ninja mobile HQ concept than the movie's Destiny's Bounty. As much as I've loved seeing the Bounty get more and more impressive with each redesign, I can't say I'd want to get stuck in a pattern where we get a new version of the Destiny's Bounty's "flying ship" concept like clockwork every two years. This seems like a great way to create a set that performs a similar function in the story and feels similarly iconic, yet isn't rendering itself or past Destiny's Bounty sets redundant.

5 hours ago, LegendsOfNinjago said:

Does anyone know anything about release dates? I’m really hoping we get the new sets in June...kinda tired of the US having to wait until August..

A lot of stuff I've seen has said June, but I don't know if that's for all countries. It will probably depend on when other themes are scheduled for release, since in general LEGO likes to spread their release dates out (it'd surely be taxing on their production, distribution, sales, and marketing departments if they had to launch the summer waves for all their themes at the same time).

8 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

I saw those but the suits look the same as the non elemental headband ones.

Where as the Spinjitzu Slam suit are different altogether

I suspect that LEGO chose to create just four Spinjitzu Slam sets since this is the second wave of spinner sets this year, similar to how they had fewer Dragon Master sets than Spinjitzu Master sets. If every wave had six new spinner sets I could definitely see how it might oversaturate the market.

That said, it's totally possible we might see them get their own Spinjitzu Slam style minifigures and spinners in a future set, particularly now that it's seemingly becoming more common and less expensive for LEGO to include spinners in the regular playsets. Compare with how Lloyd and Nya got Airjitzu style minifigures and fliers/spinners in the Airjitzu Battle Grounds set, a full year after the rest of the Airjitzu sets came out.

Spoiler

I just noticed. Where are the golden weapons in the sets? Seeing as they are now back in the show after the Oni Season.

Zane has golden shurikens in the Shuricopter. Jay has golden nunchucks on the back of the boxes.  Lloyd looks to have a golden blade and Nya a golden spear. But I don't see the sword, scythe, or nunchucks in the sets.

Kai does have a different gold sword but it's not the sword of fire.

New visual dictionary figure revealed... Teen Wu in a white outfit? Really? There wasn’t anything remotely more interesting than that?

it does give a nice, clear look at the Ice Emperor and the new suits though. Ice soldiers look amazing...

2 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I just noticed. Where are the golden weapons in the sets? Seeing as they are now back in the show after the Oni Season.

Zane has golden shurikens in the Shuricopter. Jay has golden nunchucks on the back of the boxes.  Lloyd looks to have a golden blade and Nya a golden spear. But I don't see the sword, scythe, or nunchucks in the sets.

Kai does have a different gold sword but it's not the sword of fire.

Story-wise, there's no telling—but set-wise, I would be disappointed if we had gotten them again instead of new weapons. Getting updated ones in the Legacy wave is one thing, but I prefer not repeating the same set of weapons over and over again in sets just because they continue to exist in the show. Plus, the fact that the four original ninja have golden weapons but Lloyd and Nya don't would kind of make the team feel a little uneven.

1 hour ago, Lyichir said:

Story-wise, there's no telling—but set-wise, I would be disappointed if we had gotten them again instead of new weapons. Getting updated ones in the Legacy wave is one thing, but I prefer not repeating the same set of weapons over and over again in sets just because they continue to exist in the show. Plus, the fact that the four original ninja have golden weapons but Lloyd and Nya don't would kind of make the team feel a little uneven.

You think they will be just generic weapons? Or will they get Golden weapons in the show?

2 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

You think they will be just generic weapons? Or will they get Golden weapons in the show?

Maybe they put the Golden Weapons in Cyrus Borg's vault and won't use them anymore. Tommy Andreasen always says that certain things are removed to keep the Ninja from being "overpowered". Which was why the Golden Weapons and the Tornado of Creation disappeared for so long.

4 minutes ago, Thedarkmaster2 said:

Well actually it's a Kitsune 

It's a wolf. The descriptions call her a wolf.

So the exclusive minifig in the book is Teen Wu... in Master Wu's tunic?

What part of this is "exclusive?"

15 minutes ago, Penkid11 said:

Well, that hairpiece only appears in one set other than this. But you're right, that is not exclusive.

3 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

Torso and legs are exclusive, check for yourself: https://brickset.com/minifigs/name-Wu I'm not posting this  stuff for nothing, ya know! :wink:

Of course it is similar to Wu's original torso and the one from Day of the Departed, but it's always useful to get variations, so you can diversify a group of minifigs.

3 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Well, that hairpiece only appears in one set other than this. But you're right, that is not exclusive.

A very expensive set indeed. And it wasn't available on B&P. However it did appear as a magazine gift, too, but that's not an option for everyone (either). 

9 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

Well.. it's a new printing that's very similar to Wu's old one.

In the very least, this is better than the Zane from the previous edition which was not exclusive at all. It does make me wonder where that First Master of Spinjitzu minifig we saw leaked a while back is from, though…

1 hour ago, Aanchir said:

In the very least, this is better than the Zane from the previous edition which was not exclusive at all. It does make me wonder where that First Master of Spinjitzu minifig we saw leaked a while back is from, though…

That was just Wu in Land Bounty, apparently. With an inexplicably redesigned face and ponytail..

Edited by GarmaFan

Here are my thoughts on the three sets I'll buy from this wave: 

Lloyd's Journey: I'll probably buy two, Akita in Wolf/Kitsune form and the Blizzard Samurai are great, the builds ok.

Fire Fang: I like all the Fire Snakes, the giant snake build is good.

Castle of the Forsaken Emporer: Akita's the standout character of this set, all the Blizzard Samurai look great, the dragon looks good, the castles a little disappointing because the play feature seems to take all the space.

Side notes: I wish these sets didn't have the Forbidden Jitsu tornados and instead they used the parts count to make the sets better.

11 hours ago, Dr.Cogg said:

Side notes: I wish these sets didn't have the Forbidden Jitsu tornados and instead they used the parts count to make the sets better.

Yeah, I’m not a fan of those being included, especially in the Castle set. I wish they had gone with something more like the Dragon Pit, with the towers incorporating prisons, workshops, etc. It makes for a more interesting build and display, and in my opinion, has longer play value.

I’m assuming that the spinner gimmick is still popular with kids, since they continue to release them individually and in sets; but it seems like an odd choice to turn one of the bigger, more expensive sets into a glorified launchpad.