39 minutes ago, dimaks13 said:

Description says that's a wolf after all.

As it should be. See my earlier comment:grin:

Btw, I've been staring at Lloyds mech for some time and it seems like it could have bending knees, with two pairs of the 'super rigeted' Technic joints. Would they actually, finally, do that again?? 

50 minutes ago, Exetrius said:

As it should be. See my earlier comment:grin:

Btw, I've been staring at Lloyds mech for some time and it seems like it could have bending knees, with two pairs of the 'super rigeted' Technic joints. Would they actually, finally, do that again?? 

That's what Im also looking for..
But I think it is rather unlikely, from the preliminary pictures, I was sure it was bending it's knees in different positions though
The funny thing is it would be better for stability since too much pressure on the standard joints in the hip doesn't work at heavy sets. For the weight of Firstbourne dragon, the standard joints just don't work anymore, since it is too heavy

And sad we only get only 1 of each of the 2 Nya version - in rather expensive sets even. So no standard suit, unless you purchase the most expensive set. I hope for once she will be included in a Magazine..
Nya's Ninja suits are the only thing, where I have a full collection so far.. and they keep looking cool :laugh:

Just now, Renny The Spaceman said:

Cole's the only figure who crosses locations in the set's,  wonder if there's a reason for it or it's just coincidence 

Jay crosses locations too

This wave looks tight! I really like it. My favorite is Lloyd’s Titan Mech. I’d also like to pick up Cole’s Dirt Bike and Lloyd’s Journey. Castle of the Forsaken Emperor is great looking but I have no room for a set like that. Overall, great stuff. I’m really glad I jumped on board the Ninjago train with TLNM. I will have to Bricklink all the ninja and Akita. The Ice Samurai aesthetic is great, too.

Edited by Henry Bricklider
Fixing grammar and names

Look at the giant snake set, compare the head of the snake to the colour of it's shoulder armour. either one of those parts is non metallic or I was right all along.

17 hours ago, crimsondeity said:

The Chima designs and the Ninjago Serpentine designs are pretty different from each other; but we’ve already had one scene showing that Chima exists in one of the Realms connected to the Realm Crystal. And apparently we’re getting some sort of nod/scene with Chima again this year. So there’s definitely potential. 

I wonder if that snake sarcophagus that shows up in museum scenes will have anything to do with the Pyro Snakes.  

If there's any Chima connection, I think it's less likely that it's characters FROM the realm Chima than it is for Fire and Ice Chi from that realm to be involved somehow in the resurrection of both sets of seemingly undead elemental baddies.

2 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Look at the giant snake set, compare the head of the snake to the colour of it's shoulder armour. either one of those parts is non metallic or I was right all along.

Considering how rarely Copper Metallic is used already, I think the former (one or even both of the colors not being metallic) is far more likely. Looks to me like the main head color is Reddish Brown while the armor is either Copper Metallic or Dark Orange.

Edited by Lyichir

Wow, the new images make the sets look really good. For most of them, though, it doesn't change my opinion on which ones to get; I'm still seeing the Ice Outpost, Forgotten Emperor's Castle, and Lloyd Mech as the major must-haves, and the Ninja vehicles are . . okay, Cole's bike and Zane's chopper are actually kind of nice-looking, but we have so many Ninja vehicles (I mean, really, I still have Cole's Rock Roader from 2016 and Kai's motorbike from 2012.) that it's reached the point where Ninja vehicles have to be something really special to interest me, like Lloyd's Mech is. And the less said about this iteration of the Bounty, the better. If I get any of those four sets, it'll be for the minifigures. 

But I've really changed my mind about the Fire Fang. It looks so much better than in the prelim images. I was just going to skip the fire snakes entirely, but I might get this one set because I'm sure I can find a use for a massive statue of a snake. 

Also, holy moly Akita's cape is gorgeous.

Okay, time to set aside some moolah for this wave. I am loving the designs :wub:

Ah, a theme such as this is something to appreciate and enjoy!

Lloyds mech is a day 1 for me. Looks awesome. Might be one of my favorite mechs from lego, rivaling the ninjago movie fire mech and Voltron. So good. 

2 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Wow, the new images make the sets look really good. For most of them, though, it doesn't change my opinion on which ones to get; I'm still seeing the Ice Outpost, Forgotten Emperor's Castle, and Lloyd Mech as the major must-haves, and the Ninja vehicles are . . okay, Cole's bike and Zane's chopper are actually kind of nice-looking, but we have so many Ninja vehicles (I mean, really, I still have Cole's Rock Roader from 2016 and Kai's motorbike from 2012.) that it's reached the point where Ninja vehicles have to be something really special to interest me, like Lloyd's Mech is. And the less said about this iteration of the Bounty, the better. If I get any of those four sets, it'll be for the minifigures.

I've been skipping ninja vehicles that don't interest me since the Rebooted sets! I definitely wouldn't be getting my money's worth if I tried to buy every one without exception.

But overall, I feel like this wave's ninja vehicles are refreshingly strong, with a good balance of authenticity and distinctiveness. I much prefer Zane's new chopper over the wei rder and less helicopter-shaped design of the NinjaCopter, or Cole's new bike over the much plainer design of the Blaster Bike. Even the Katana 4x4 achieves the "ninja off-roader" look in a way that appeals much more to me than the Jungle Raider did.

Haven't put much thought into what particular sets I'm getting. I'll probably need more time to think on that and compare the pieces and figures they come with, not to mention look at their play features in more detail. But overall I feel like this wave is shaping up to be very strong!

I quite like the Land Bounty, actually—the inverted windscreens under each of the decks are really neat, as is the top deck separating to become a flyer. Looks like there's a buggy stored in the back as well. And the heavy use of arches gives it some really sweet lines in profile. I almost wonder if this set might have been developed from a concept created at one of the Lego Movie 2 Apocalypseburg brainstorming sessions. The Ninjago characters may not have shown up in The Lego Movie 2, but if they had it wouldn't surprise me to see them driving something along these lines.

Katana 4x4 is also a standout—I love that multi-part windscreen! Between this and the X-1 Ninja Charger Kai is 2 for 2 when it comes to making what could be the most boring vehicle type to work with (four-wheeled car) into something special.

And I doubt I need to convince anyone about that mech—it's simply gorgeous. Feels like a quantum leap ahead of previous mech sets in terms of scale and naturalistic shaping.

18 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

I quite like the Land Bounty, actually—the inverted windscreens under each of the decks are really neat, as is the top deck separating to become a flyer. Looks like there's a buggy stored in the back as well. And the heavy use of arches gives it some really sweet lines in profile. I almost wonder if this set might have been developed from a concept created at one of the Lego Movie 2 Apocalypseburg brainstorming sessions. The Ninjago characters may not have shown up in The Lego Movie 2, but if they had it wouldn't surprise me to see them driving something along these lines.

Katana 4x4 is also a standout—I love that multi-part windscreen! Between this and the X-1 Ninja Charger Kai is 2 for 2 when it comes to making what could be the most boring vehicle type to work with (four-wheeled car) into something special.

And I doubt I need to convince anyone about that mech—it's simply gorgeous. Feels like a quantum leap ahead of previous mech sets in terms of scale and naturalistic shaping.

Eh. Agree to disagree. I'll admit the Land Bounty isn't as ugly as the prelim pictures first suggested, but the Movie Bounty set my standards high and it just pales in comparison. You're probably right about the TLM2 connection, though. 

The multi-part windscreen is, admittedly, cool, but it looks very out of place, IMO. 

And no, you don't need to convince me about the Mech. It's brilliant.

2 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

Are there really only 4 spinjitzu slam sets? Where are Cole and Nya's

Cole's is in the Land Bounty, Nya's in Katana4x4.

Wow, these all look so good! The Fire Snake, Ice Fortress and Lloyds Mech are all must-gets for me, along with a few of the little set with the wolf. I may get the Land Bounty, but I feel like I want to see a detailed review or at least look at it on display in the Lego store before I commit.

The other vehicles seem well-designed, and I may pick them up at some point; but I’ll probably wait until they go on sale at some point.

3 hours ago, GarmaFan said:

Cole's is in the Land Bounty, Nya's in Katana4x4.

I saw those but the suits look the same as the non elemental headband ones.

Where as the Spinjitzu Slam suit are different altogether