Ouch; I’m not terribly impressed by these so far. Of course, they are leaked images, so who knows. The Land Destiny looks interesting, and I’m curious to see more of the snake build. I’m slightly disappointed in the Ice Fortress/Castle, but maybe better, more up-close photos will change my mind.

I wonder if this is all we’re getting for this arc, or if they’ll continue with it beyond the summer releases.

Oh wow . . this is underwhelming. 

The Land-Bounty is obviously the worst, at least as far as I can see; it just looks like a massive mess. Granted, they're putting a boat on wheels so I guess that was to be expected . . Katana 4x4 doesn't look great either, but from the looks of things it'll at least be a good mini figure pack. The big Fire Snake . . the images we have of it are pretty bad, I cannot even see what minifigs are included, but it doesn't look so great either. 

Conversely, I actually like Cole's bike a lot. It looks sleek and badass. And Lloyd's mech . . holy moly that thing is gorgeous. I think we might have a contender for "best Ninjago mech ever", maybe even "best official Lego mech ever". I'm usually not interested in ninja vehicles unless they're easily repurposed, but oh my god if that thing is priced reasonably . . 

One thing surprises me; is the tiny outpost and the fortress all we're getting for the Ice Samurai? Because they both look like fine sets - the wyvern looks very nice, and the fortress is . .well, tiny, but it has room for improvement and I'll definitely be interested to take a closer look at it. 

Another interesting thing; they've added new golden pieces to the wheels that act as reinforcements or tracks. I'm seeing two distinct styles between Kai and Cole's vehicles, it'll be interesting to see how those turn out in the final products.

Overall, though, with the exception of Lloyd's spectacular mech this is a disappointing wave. I probably won't skip it entirely, because the ice samurai figures are too cool (hah ice pun), but this is honestly the least interested I've ever been in a season of Ninjago. Most likely scenario, I'll skip the fire snake side entirely and just get the Lloyd mech, outpost and ice fortress. I guess it's more money to put towards Hidden Side. 

Also, the new Spinjitzu tornadoes are now in the actual sets. Means I don't have to waste money getting a couple of the actual Spinjitzu Master sets currently available. Cool. EDIT: A leaked set description refers to the variants of the ninja with the spinjitzu tornadoes and energy hoodpieces as 'FS'. FS Nya in the 4x4, etc. Sounds to me like a return of when we had specific names for suits, like DX and ZX. Anyone want to speculate what FS stands for?

Edited by Feng-huang0296

The mech is amazing.  The Land Bounty looks ... well, it's not my cup of tea, but it looks a lot like the kind of bonkers Mad Max-style vehicles introduced into Lego last year with the Dieselnaut and prototyped for TLM2.  Maybe the Land Bounty is one reason why none of those were approved as set releases.  Doesn't look too bad to me, considering.

Not a big fan of this wave, as said earlier all the sets in the wave apart from Lloyd's Mech and Cole's bike feel really underwhelming.

Something I find weird though is Cole doesn't get a stand alone Spinjitzu set or have his incorporated in another set whereas Kai, Jay Etc have both

Interesting wave for sure. Ice samurai castle is pretty cool, and it looks like white samurai riding Ice dragon is indeed the Emperor.

Lloyds mech is great, but bed better pics to appreciate all the details.

Coles bike is meh, quite honestly I’m tired of oversized bikes being released every wave, they rarely look good.

Katana 4x4 is very underwhelming, just monster truck for Kai.

And Land bounty is meh, to hard to see if its any good, the concept itself is ridiculous, as they already did DBX in 2015 as a land bounty, so yeah...

Prelims always look bad so I won't judge the sets yet but if you look at the prelim for Kai's car it still looks like the snake has two colour of pearled copper/bronze, maybe copper metallic and a new one? I brought this up before but I wasn't so sure, but now two different pictures lead me to this conclusion so I'm more convinced but I guess we'll see soon enough. Also I like that we're getting a recolour of the Khopesh. 

So I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the ice castle. On one hand I'm disappointed that it looks pretty small, and honestly I was hoping to get a larger structure to display. On the other hand that ice dragon is sweet and I want it to display as well.

Definitely really impressed by what I see so far! Cole's bike, the Katana 4x4, and the Shuricopter are all really excellent ninja vehicle designs that call to mind some of the older Ninjago concept art we've seen, but also stand out nicely from any previous ninja vehicle sets while still maintaining that unmistakable Ninjago design language. Katana 4x4 is my current favorite of those three due to its really unique monster truck look (very different from past ninja cars, even other off-roaders like Lloyd's Jungle Raider) but that may change if any of the others turn out to have cooler functions.

The Land Bounty is a glorious design, and I feel like it makes for a way more distinctive rolling headquarters than the DB-X (which, in the show, was also framed as a wheeled successor to the Destiny's Bounty). I'm excited to see what kind of play features it might contain considering its big, beefy design. It does appear to have functional steering, which I think is a first for a Ninjago set. Lloyd's Titan Mech also looks truly extraordinary, and probably the most Gundam-ish mech design we've seen in any LEGO set or theme to date! Besides its extraordinary height and ornate detail, it also has very human-like and shapely proportions, and a really distinctive color scheme.

The castle looks amazing for what (from the rumors I've seen) is a $100 set, particularly with a huge dragon that surely must eat up a lot of the budget. The overall structure is the closest thing we've seen in Ninjago so far to the type of Japanese castle previously depicted in Flying Ninja Fortress. Now, I recognize that the minifigures in many of these pics seem fairly preliminary, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the Nya-ish figure dressed in white and red in the castle pic is a human form of the kitsune character that shows up in the Lloyd's Journey set. While at first glance her hair piece can be mistaken for Nya's (which, if so, could easily be a placeholder like many of the figure parts in other pics), I almost wonder if it's instead a recolor of Barbara Gordon's curlier ponytail from The LEGO Batman Movie.

The Spinjitzu Slam sets look fun, though I definitely hope that the new tornado piece they use is just preliminary, as it seems a little early to move on from the current one to one that's similar but with fewer connection points. I like that the slammer mechanism appears to be mostly brick built and doesn't seem to require any extraordinarily complex molds. It's also cool how the Kai vs. Samurai set has some spinning "course hazards" that appear to launch using the same mechanism — really demonstrating its versatility compared to the Airjitzu/Spinjitzu Masters/Dragon Masters launcher mechanisms.

Having a hard time figuring out what the collectibles/plot coupons are this time around. There are a few weapons that seem like they're being set up as some kind of treasure but it's hard to tell what they have in common. Also, interestingly, the box art seems to suggest two separate settings, but the ninja aren't each consistently limited to the sets for one setting like they were in the Hunted sets. It makes me all the more curious what form the next story arc will take.

That little helicopter is neat looking. Cole's new bike is weird. Kai's stumpy off-roader has my attention, but I'm not sure why. That giant snake looks cool. Not a fan of the Bounty or the castle. Can't tell what's going on in the Kitsune set.

But, man, that mech...:wub:

Lloyd's mech... SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY LEGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm seeing like a million old suits in these sets.

26 minutes ago, Ninjaguy99 said:

HAS NO ONE NOTICED THE OLD SUITS YET!!!!!! 

they are placeholders, they won't come in the actual sets

if you look closely you can see bossks head representing the snake heads, and that clearly won't be in the final version

Thoughts so far.

Spinners - Interesting. I like that the feature seems to be compatible with winter's spinners, and that the function isn't built into the spinner. The recolors are definitely great, with a very Bionicle 2016 vibe with the silver and gold co-injections. And the new Spinjitzu masks are, interesting. The elemental, eh, flame? at the top looks more like hair to me. Definitely going to pick one up though, as the function intrigues me and that recolors are a delight.

Lloyd's Journey - The fortification is boring, but has some nice parts. Lloyd and the Kitsune are great. The ice samurai has some great armor parts, but the ice printing looks fake and the face print is just ugly.

Cole's Bike - Not a huge fan of the color scheme, but the build itself is quite sleek, with a nice consistency in the rock texture. The spring shooters are a tacky edition, but the flag looks very tasteful. Not much else to say.

Shuricopter - The build is quite sleek, with a lot of nice angular shapes and accents. I feel like they should've stuck to one blue, instead of throwing in both trans. light blue and medium azure. The gold has questionable distribution as well. Love the winglets with those gorgeous new shuriken blade parts.

Snake - . For a set that has to be built with legal, sturdy techniques, and have at least one play feature, the shaping is quite impressive. It was a smart move to incorporate the grey into the colorscheme, as typically, the grey takes away from the believability of creature builds, especially those notorious friction adders. Here, it adds another layer of depth into the colorscheme, and that's just fantastic. Also to note, the rock texture has great consistency here.

Katana 4x4 - Right away, not my cup of tea. If you like Madmax-style vehicles with oversized parts, then this is for you. I like certain elements of it, like the giant thrusters, the front grill, and the flag in the back, but the giant wheels, shuriken blade in the front, and bright red colorscheme make the vehicle look overwhelmingly tacky. Especially those gold rims on the wheels.

Titan Mech - This bad boy almost looks like a MOC. It's so 3-dimensional, with no anti-studs on the inner parts of the arms and legs! The shaping looks so complete because of it. Not to mention the colorscheme; it's extremely tasteful. Love the wing set, though the helmet I cannot see clearly enough to make a judgement yet.

Ice Fortress - I'm going to refrain on making too many judgements, as I can barely see this. Like Aanchir said, it looks similar to the Flying Ninja Fortress from the original 1999 Ninja theme, and that's great. That said, there is something off to me about the middle of the main structure, can't pin-point what it is. I will refrain from commenting on the dragon, as I can't see any of it except for the wings and tail. Fingers crossed it looks good.

Land Bounty - Not liking what I'm seeing. It looks like a scaled down Destiny's Bounty on a trailer with oversized wheels. I'm going to reserve my judgements on this one.

Overall, interesting wave. Not in love with it yet, but these are preliminary photos. Many of the Legacy prelims looked horrid but ended up being fantastic sets. We'll wait and see if that's the case here.

Edited by Cocoa

Quick thoughts: 

70671 - Little fun set. Nice build, great minifigures.

70672 - I really like the bike build, but I'm tired of those.

70673 - Helicopter looks really good, I hope the minifigires are also that good.

70674 - The build is great, I'm interested to see what the minifigs are.

70675 - The set looks really nice, but the build is too big and kinda weird looking.

70676 - The mech is looking pretty amazing, but I am SO tired of mechs, every year we get like 20 of them. Gosh.

70677 - The build is not that bad, but it looks like a giant block with too many studs...

70678 - My favourite set of the wave. Amazing castle, fantastic dragon. That's and incredible set.

New spinners are cool, but I don't like Forbidden Spinjitzu suits. They also look nothing like a $10 set.

On 3/29/2019 at 8:15 AM, Ninjaguy99 said:

Well the ice emperor could make it his base....

I mean we don't know yet

20 hours ago, zoth33 said:

The sets are interesting looking.  I need better quality pictures to see things more clearly.  The Ice Emperor's castle does look good so far and the dragon looks good.  The figs are still the best looking  things so far.  

pictures?

I guess that 'Civilian Nya' in the Fortress is a different character with (hopefully) placeholder hair, since Nya's in the Bountry as well, and I'm not seeing any other instances of characters crossing from Fire Realm to Ice Realm (except the Kai vs. The Samurai spinner 2-Pack).