There’s a black shape across from the “ice dragon” piece that looks horned; I wonder if it’s part of the building, another dragon (doubtful) or a bigfig. I did see that apparently it comes with 9 minifigures, and that the sketch is missing a tower with a crossbow piece.

There’s this new head that was leaked and it looks like a Ninjago one. Has uncanny resemblance to White walkers from Game of thrones, I guess it’s Ice emperor. With this head it really looks like it’s going to be fire vs ice season. Ice samurai might as well be frozen zombies at this point.

I'm sure it's a Ninjago one. I do like the face with ice on the side instead of his other eye.

Edited by Boogly22238

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

What's up with the "goggled" heads under those leaked ninja hood recolors? :shrug_confused:

Looks like someone slapped the ninja hoods on the heads of Tracer from Overwatch. If you look closely, you can see all the eyebrows are identical.

Ya know, speaking of Ninja hoods, why couldn't they start giving each of the six Ninja their own unique hood mold, given that there are already quite a few different designs made over the course the theme's history? Most of the recent waves give each of the six Ninja their own unique torso design, so why should they all share the same mold from wave to wave? As I've just said, they've already got quite a few different molds to chose from currently. :shrug_confused:

21 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Ya know, speaking of Ninja hoods, why couldn't they start giving each of the six Ninja their own unique hood mold, given that there are already quite a few different designs made over the course the theme's history? Most of the recent waves give each of the six Ninja their own unique torso design, so why should they all share the same mold from wave to wave? As I've just said, they've already got quite a few different molds to chose from currently. :shrug_confused:

Probably cause new molds cost more money to produce than new prints.

That and they would want some similarities to each of them for team cohesion.

Just now, Takanuinuva said:

Probably cause new molds cost more money to produce than new prints.

Of course, yet they keep introducing new molds that aesthetically vary from the previous ones only in the slightest. I wasn't suggesting they continue that. 

44 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Of course, yet they keep introducing new molds that aesthetically vary from the previous ones only in the slightest. I wasn't suggesting they continue that. 

hey, can you please stop with the suggestions of what you want lego to change in this thread, this is for leaks, not for ideas

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Besides the point TakaNuiNuva made about team cohesion, if they were to introduce one for each of the ninja all at once it'd eat up a lot of the budget for new parts that could otherwise be spread between various purposes. One new hood mold per wave (or more realistically for what we've gotten, one that remains in use in varying colors or patterns for several consecutive waves) serves a purpose—it gives them a visually distinct look from previous versions of each of the ninja that keeps them from feeling like duplicates of figures kids may have already gotten. But six at once offers little additional benefit (since color alone is usually enough to differentiate the ninja from one another within a wave) for six times the cost, money that could otherwise be spent on new armor, weapons, or enemy heads or headgear.

1 hour ago, Brickwraith said:

hey, can you please stop with the suggestions of what you want lego to change in this thread, this is for leaks, not for ideas

No, this thread and forum, in general, isn't definitely for leaks. It's for open discussion. 

Just now, Blazej_Holen said:

No, this thread and forum, in general, isn't definitely for leaks. It's for open discussion. 

You are right, i'm used to the other theme threads where leaks are separated

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I’m not sure which new molds you’re referring to, but there’s a big difference between introducing stuff like a new hat, sword, or ninja hood that will show up across a whole bunch of different sets featuring a whole bunch of different characters, and introducing six new molds that will each be entirely specific to sets that contain a particular character. Some themes can certainly manage to make the latter work (Nexo Knights is a good example), but note that in that case those characters continued to use the same visor molds through the theme’s entire 5-wave run, whereas stuff like the Nexo Knights torso armor or Ninjago ninja hoods can be varied a lot more frequently because they’re used widely enough to recoup the molding costs in a shorter amount of time. Each Nexo Knights main character’s visor element only appears in 8 to 12 sets across all three years of sets, whereas their armor pieces (because they’re shared between characters) could easily be used 10 or more times in a single wave.

It’s always sort of a trade off, and it’s up to the designers  to determine which of these approaches is best suited to a particular theme’s budget and design philosophy, as well as its plans for the future.

4 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Besides the point TakaNuiNuva made about team cohesion, if they were to introduce one for each of the ninja all at once it'd eat up a lot of the budget for new parts that could otherwise be spread between various purposes. One new hood mold per wave (or more realistically for what we've gotten, one that remains in use in varying colors or patterns for several consecutive waves) serves a purpose—it gives them a visually distinct look from previous versions of each of the ninja that keeps them from feeling like duplicates of figures kids may have already gotten. But six at once offers little additional benefit (since color alone is usually enough to differentiate the ninja from one another within a wave) for six times the cost, money that could otherwise be spent on new armor, weapons, or enemy heads or headgear.

2 hours ago, Aanchir said:

I’m not sure which new molds you’re referring to, but there’s a big difference between introducing stuff like a new hat, sword, or ninja hood that will show up across a whole bunch of different sets featuring a whole bunch of different characters, and introducing six new molds that will each be entirely specific to sets that contain a particular character. Some themes can certainly manage to make the latter work (Nexo Knights is a good example), but note that in that case those characters continued to use the same visor molds through the theme’s entire 5-wave run, whereas stuff like the Nexo Knights torso armor or Ninjago ninja hoods can be varied a lot more frequently because they’re used widely enough to recoup the molding costs in a shorter amount of time. Each Nexo Knights main character’s visor element only appears in 8 to 12 sets across all three years of sets, whereas their armor pieces (because they’re shared between characters) could easily be used 10 or more times in a single wave.

It’s always sort of a trade off, and it’s up to the designers  to determine which of these approaches is best suited to a particular theme’s budget and design philosophy, as well as its plans for the future.

I wasn't suggesting new molds, but rather assigning each Ninja one of any of the preexisting molds that there are so many of already. Ya know, the original headwrap from the 1998 Castle subtheme, the crested headwrap mold first introduced for Ninjago in 2012, the Rebooted "bandana" mold from 2014, that other one introduced in the latter half of 2015, the "cinematic" two-part headgear made for TLNM, and most recent mold introduced for this year's "Legacy" wave.

So there ya go, six different headgear parts/assemblies for each Ninja! Do we really need more? :classic:

10 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Has uncanny resemblance to White walkers from Game of thrones, I guess it’s Ice emperor. With this head it really looks like it’s going to be fire vs ice season. Ice samurai might as well be frozen zombies at this point.

Oh no... winter is comming

19 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I wasn't suggesting new molds, but rather assigning each Ninja one of any of the preexisting molds that there are so many of already. Ya know, the original headwrap from the 1998 Castle subtheme, the crested headwrap mold first introduced for Ninjago in 2012, the Rebooted "bandana" mold from 2014, that other one introduced in the latter half of 2015, the "cinematic" two-part headgear made for TLNM, and most recent mold introduced for this year's "Legacy" wave.

I thought the one in 2015 was the same as the one in 2012. is there a pic of each ninja headwrap?

Just now, Thedarkmaster2 said:

I thought the one in 2015 was the same as the one in 2012. is there a pic of each ninja headwrap?

Here's the 2012 mold on the left, and the 2015 mold on the right:

njo032.pngnjo148.png

4 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

So there ya go, six different headgear parts/assemblies for each Ninja! Do we really need more? :classic:

That’s an interesting possibility, and while it hasn’t happened in the sets, the show DID take this approach in the Tournament of Elements season before the ninja got their tournament clothes — in that case, they each wore a different costume from a previous story arc, specifically to symbolize how Zane’s presumed death had weakened their team spirit.

Also, while The LEGO Ninjago Movie did use the same hoods for every character, it did dabble in other types of variety we hadn’t seen to that extent before… for example, Cole was the only ninja without sleeves, Kai was the only one with a shoulder guard and sword holders, Nya was the only one with a skirt, and Zane was the only one whose hood was in his signature color with a black headband rather than the other way around.

I think there are a couple potential drawbacks to this idea, though. First, even though those molds weren’t necessarily replaced by specific subsequent ones, we can’t be sure that they are all still in use and that their later uses didn’t bring some of them to the point of needing to be replaced. If they did, then reintroducing those molds would cost the same as introducing a new one, with the same pressure to spread its use out across several sets to offset those costs.

Second, not giving all of the ninja equivalent upgrades could easily make some of them feel more like downgrades — particularly since a lot of the time when LEGO has reused an older hood on a newer character design (like the Airjitzu they have made it stand out by using different color combinations or patterns. The classic ninja hood doesn’t have any surfaces designed for printing or a mold designed for co-injection or overmolding, so in its case those options wouldn’t be on the table.

Third, there’s the issue that some of the hoods, namely the movie ones, aren’t really designed to match the aesthetic of the others in the same way that, say, the Rebooted scarves, ZX hoods, and Possession hoods were all designed with close to the same shape/texture for their mouth and chin shape. So even if all the characters used different hoods, some would stick out like a sore thumb.

This is why in the Nexo Knights sets, the five main knights were all were given new molds for their visors and signature weapons, so they would look visually compatible even if they were way more high tech and over-the-top than any previous Castle weapons and visors, whereas the bots all use older LEGO Castle headgear and weapons, because those were typically designed to appear in sets alongside earlier molds, so adhere to relatively similar design standards. It creates a fairly well defined hierarchy, with consistent upgrades for the main characters and reused molds for the Squirebot supporting characters.

10 minutes ago, Thedarkmaster2 said:

Even if they were the same shape, introducing one with multiple plastic colors would have required a new mold, since it has to be designed with different injection points than the previous one. A good recent example of an existing mold being replaced with a new design that’s more or less the same shape but designed for a more complex type of molding is the LEGO Friends bird. Prior to 2018, these were single-color molds with all colored details created via printing. But last year, a new mold was introduced with the capacity for two plastic colors: one for the beak, feet, and trailing edge of the wing feathers, and one for the rest of the body.

Now, doing the reverse (a single colored version of a 2-color mold) is not nearly so difficult. That can be done with the same molds as the 2-colored version, just using the same plastic and dye mixture at every injection point or stage of the molding process. But in cases where LEGO has both single and dual colored molds still available, they are more likely to use the single colored version when they don’t need/want a second color, as with the reused 2012 hood molds in the Airjitzu flyer sets and Airjitzu Battle Grounds.

I don't  think so, the person calls them civil war and the new costumes were already revealed.

Anything, and everything regarding a "Civil War" concept for NINJAGO are fan ideas being passed as legit.

11 hours ago, obsidianheart said:

Are these leaked white costumes legit? Not really a fan.

They might be a hoax

4 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

I see what you did there

Shame that the people in GOT didn't see them coming

9 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

Anything, and everything regarding a "Civil War" concept for NINJAGO are fan ideas being passed as legit.

While I don’t normally like to dismiss things out of hand, the idea of a “Civil War” seems very unlikely. I wonder where people come up with these things!

I do hope the rumour of the wolf being included in the smallest set is legit; I’ll be able to justify buying a few sets to get a small pack of wolves.