15 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

But the ghost isn't really the same thing, It features no exclusive prints and is more of a way of selling excess stock than anything else, the same applies to the stone army pack.

On an unrelated note I hope the 2018 bricktober packs see a wider release :cry_sad:.

Wrong the Ghost Pack had completely new torso print and one of them Wooo had an exclusive head print. The Stone Army Pack had switched face prints

On 1/27/2019 at 6:11 AM, Thedarkmaster2 said:

The Stone Army Pack had switched face prints

The switched face prints don't mean much though, i always thought it was just an error, and would have switched them had i gotten the pack

51 minutes ago, GarmaFan said:

Is there going to be any summer Ninjago stuff at the toy fair?

They are apparently showing off summer sets so I would assume so. Pictures are not allowed so there will most likely just be descriptions of the sets  

Edited by Falconfan1414

52 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

They are apparently showing off summer sets so I would assume so. Pictures are not allowed so there will most likely just be descriptions of the sets  

Cool.

22 hours ago, Brickwraith said:

The switched face prints don't mean much though, i always thought it was just an error, and would have switched them had i gotten the pack

I would recommend you get it if you can but it's like 90 dollars on ebay. And It wasn't an error all the packs had it

Just now, Thedarkmaster2 said:

I would recommend you get it if you can but it's like 90 dollars on ebay. And It wasn't an error all the packs had it

Bricklink probably has it for much cheaper, and i don't really feel the need to buy the extra pack, when i want to get more minifigures ill just buy them seperately

Just now, Brickwraith said:

Bricklink probably has it for much cheaper, and i don't really feel the need to buy the extra pack, when i want to get more minifigures ill just buy them seperately

Well I mean yeah that's cheaper but the pack comes with quite a few good weapons as well. I'd only get it if I found it cheap. I like to try and get minifigures in sets before I got to get them separately 

And here's the set list in German (source: zusammengebaut.com)

» LEGO Ninjago Koel Offroad Bike 70627, 19,99 Euro UVP
» LEGO Ninjago Angriff des Eis-Samurais 70671, 14,99 Euro UVP
» LEGO Ninjago Feuerschlange 70674, 44,99 Euro UVP
» LEGO Ninjago Llyods Titan Mech 70676, 69,9

9 Euro UVP
» LEGO Ninjago Wüstensegler 70677, 129,99 Euro UVP
» LEGO Ninjago Die Festung im eisgen Eis 70678, 99,99 Euro

I'm adding a translation in a few minutes :wink:

Edit: Translations below:

70671 Attack of the Ice Samurai

70674 Fire Serpent

70677 Desert Sailer

70678 The Fortress in the icy ice :laugh_hard:

Edited by Lego-Freak

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

70677 Desert Sailer

70678 The Fortress in the icy ice

For me it translated as Desert Glider and The Ice Age Fortress

I translated it in my own words since I'm a native speaker :wink: The English set name will obviously be something different, the German ones are often a tad silly (the same goes for movies, the German division of Disney for example is INSANE)

Edited by Lego-Freak

I have no idea what this next wave will be about and that’s really exciting. Ice Samurai/Temple? Fire Serpent being a hero creature/vehicle? And then a Desert vehicle? I’m so excited to see photos of these

On 1/26/2019 at 5:27 PM, Agent Kallus said:

And the Elemental master packs came out with the hands of time wave despite the designs being from skybound and the tournament of elements , and the pirate pack came out in the summer with dotd and skybound round 2.

For what it's worth, the designs for Ash and Shade in the elemental masters pack had some considerable updates from the way the characters looked in Tournament of Elements. Shade's updated design didn't make its TV debut until Season 9/Hunted, while I don't think Ash's updated design has shown up in the show yet at all. On a side note, although Skylor's costume change made its TV debut in Season 6/Skybound, the differently colored sleeves and hood as well as the more classic-looking gi and belt always struck me as more equivalent to the Ninja's Honor robes from the 2016 Day of the Departed sets and Halloween special, and I wouldn't be surprised if that resemblance was intended by the designer.

The sky pirate pack was arguably even less connected with recent events in the show. Tournament Zane was clearly based on the other ninja's Tournament robes from the 2015/Season 4/Tournament of Elements sets, even though Zane never had his own equivalent of this costume in the show, nor would he have had opportunity to need it since he was captured well before the Tournament of Elements. It is possible, though, that it might be intended to represent a version of Zane between his resurrection at the end of 2013 and awakening in Master Chen's underground prison in Season 4. After all, putting Zane through a similar ruse to the Tournament of Elements to give him some kind of false hope of reuniting with his friends before robbing him of his elemental powers and imprisoning him DOES seem like something Master Chen would do.

The Samurai X Phoenix Suit was largely a recolor/palette swap of the Samurai X minifigure from the 2012 Season 1 sets, but had different armor and added the goggles Samurai X wore in Season 1 of the show. But to my knowledge it doesn't directly reflect any costume that's been in the show, unless perhaps it appears as a prop in one of the many scenes set in the Samurai X cave. Personally, I have always interpreted this figure as an attempt to make up for a lack of a new Nya minifigure in the 2013/Season 2 sets, particularly since the color changes between it and the 2012 version it's based on closely resemble the color changes between the ninja's 2012 and 2013 costumes.

Overall, the Oni pack definitely does stand out in terms of being the first Ninjago accessory set of this kind where all the contents are inspired by the current season's character designs… and stands out even further in that it's the first where none of the other sets from the current wave correspond directly to the corresponding season's premise and conflict. I definitely get the sense that in general, the graphic designers have taken to using these packs as an opportunity to release characters who wouldn't fit in so well with the latest wave of sets, whether that means they are more or less based on the current season than the other sets.

Also, as I've noted in this BrickList, the amount of reused vs. new figures and parts in these accessory sets has been far from consistent, but Ninjago was definitely something of a leader when it came to having figures with entirely new graphic designs. Before Ninjago, the only unique minifigure elements in these sets were palette swapped collectible minifigure elements in two of the 2012 accessory sets.

1 hour ago, Blazej_Holen said:

No references about next addition to the Ninjago city... :/ Seems that we dont get any...

It's been stated that there isn't anything NINJAGO City at Nuremburg Toy Fair.

Doesn't stop a potential D2C, but I really hope they don't abandon the concept.

5 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

It's been stated that there isn't anything NINJAGO City at Nuremburg Toy Fair.

Doesn't stop a potential D2C, but I really hope they don't abandon the concept.

I was really hoping we'd keep getting city expansions outside the Ninjago Movie line, but I guess it's too early to tell whether or not a new one is coming as D2Cs aren't typically shown at Toy Fairs, right?

70671 – 81 pieces

70672 – 212 pieces

70673 – 361 pieces

70674 – 463 pieces

70675 – 450 pieces

70676 – 878 pieces

70677 – 1178 pieces

70678 – 1218 pieces

70681 – 70 pieces

70682 – 72 pieces

70683 – 63 pieces

70684 – 164 pieces

5 hours ago, legozebra said:

I was really hoping we'd keep getting city expansions outside the Ninjago Movie line, but I guess it's too early to tell whether or not a new one is coming as D2Cs aren't typically shown at Toy Fairs, right?

But last year we already got info about NC docks right? 

5 hours ago, Blazej_Holen said:

But last year we already got info about NC docks right? 

the docks weren't a D2C though