10 hours ago, Thedarkmaster2 said:

I'm not complaining about the set itself just it's wider story significance.

I don’t think the Legacy wave was ever about connecting to the current storyline, rather reimagining scenes from the first two seasons. The Legacy shorts, while also made to entertain, were likely made simply to advertise the sets, minifigures that pop up are just an added bonus. We also didn’t see Garmadon or the minifigure-sized Stone Warriors in the Legacy shorts. 

14 hours ago, GarmaFan said:

Well.. could've made an Overlord Dragon..

Probably wouldn’t have been feasible for the assigned price point.

To think of it more, I think the Overlord's presence is a just more for the sake of throwbacks which is still pretty cool. Since I've remembered what GarmaFan said pages back. I don't really see how he could fit into the mini-movies though. Like he said, the Overlord's aesthetic style is all just throwbacks.

Overlord seems more like a mix of all his forms. Gold Master humanoid body, four arms from possessing Garmadon, ghost tail ala the original spirit orb thing.

Yeah the "Gold dragon vs Overlord Dragon" could end up as amazing set.
And instead of Gold dragon they could make show accurate Earth Dragon

Edited by Lordofdragonss

So far the legacy sets and outfits are in the March of the Oni Season.

Finally was able to obtain the Legacy Sets today. I was not expecting the boxes for  Monastery Training and Samurai Mech to be that small.

As for the Spinjitzu Nya and Wu set. One possible flaw. The trans blue flame pieces have gotten stuck in the trans blue 1x1 round hollow studs. I cannot remove them without potentially breaking the flame pieces. 

Thankfully I don't plan on doing so. But for anyone who wanted to build the set then take it apart later. Do not connect those two parts together.

Edited by Takanuinuva

8 minutes ago, Takanuinuva said:

Finally was able to obtain the Legacy Sets today. I was not expecting the boxes for  Monastery Training and Samurai Mech to be that small.

As for the Spinjitzu Nya and Wu set. One possible flaw. The trans blue flame pieces have gotten stuck in the trans blue 1x1 round hollow studs. I cannot remove them without potentially breaking the flame pieces. 

Thankfully I don't plan on doing so. But for anyone who wanted to build the set then take it apart later. Do not connect those two parts together.

Rotate them in place a little and they should come out more easily. It’s a common problem with polycarbonate pieces but the shape of the flame piece should allow you to get enough leverage to twist and pull them apart, unlike harder to grip parts like lightsaber blades.

First two episodes are out, I think it's safe to say that summer sets aren't for the Oni so far, and the "not enough content for sets" theory is right.

Spoiler

So far, they're either in the Monastery, the Destiny's Bounty, or walking around cloudy Ninjago City.

After watching episode 96, the battle pack should have all the Oni wearing Oni masks, leg printing and a torn Cape, two of the masks would have spikes for horns.

Yeah, after watching the episodes, I'm actually pretty cool with how it is now. Legacy vs. Oni does sit pretty well. But yeah, definitely will have to agree on what Dr.Cogg said about the Oni pack.

Edited by JJ Tong (zfogshooterz)

19 minutes ago, Thedarkmaster2 said:

The pack was basically the cheapest way they could have done it

Though I will say that a better job could've been done. The 2016 and 2017 accessory pack had much better printing.

Image result for lego ninjago accessory pack 2017

Image result for lego ninjago accessory pack 2017

Still, the Oni is pretty darn cool! Just wish a bit more was done to them. Oh well :shrug_oh_well:

I have both those sets, including the Ghost one as well,

1 hour ago, JJ Tong (zfogshooterz) said:

Still, the Oni is pretty darn cool! Just wish a bit more was done to them. Oh well

Who knows thy might release another pack

1 hour ago, JJ Tong (zfogshooterz) said:

I don't know, it does sounds quite unlikely, but definitely awesome if that does happens!

i mean hey the ghost pack came out after the pirate wave

1 hour ago, Thedarkmaster2 said:

i mean hey the ghost pack came out after the pirate wave

And the Elemental master packs came out with the hands of time wave despite the designs being from skybound and the tournament of elements , and the pirate pack came out in the summer with dotd and skybound round 2.

But the ghost isn't really the same thing, It features no exclusive prints and is more of a way of selling excess stock than anything else, the same applies to the stone army pack.

On an unrelated note I hope the 2018 bricktober packs see a wider release :cry_sad:.

12 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

It features no exclusive prints and is more of a way of selling excess stock than anything else, the same applies to the stone army pack.

Wrong, both of the ghosts had an exclusive torso print and one of them, Wooo, had an exclusive face print, see here