8 minutes ago, shadefoundry said:

I hope so, the plain legs just look so off with the way the torsos are printed.

Yeah we will probability see more Oni in the summer wave. These are just generic mooks

24 minutes ago, Thedarkmaster2 said:

Yeah we will probability see more Oni in the summer wave. These are just generic mooks

The guy with the large horns is allegedly the main antagonist. 

12 hours ago, GarmaFan said:

The guy with the large horns is allegedly the main antagonist. 

Is that confirmed? Because there's supposed to be a whole wave for the summer with the Oni

14 minutes ago, Thedarkmaster2 said:

Because there's supposed to be a whole wave for the summer with the Oni

That’s not true, the summer wave isn’t focused on oni 

1 hour ago, Aethersprite said:

What wave are the Oni supposed to be from? Legacy? Summer?

Oni are apparently just in the accessory pack, and the summer is something new.

Or at least, before the pack was revealed, I recall people (with special secret leak access) saying there was no sign of them in the summer?

Edited by GarmaFan

Do we know this for sure, because some villains last more than one season and set names don't usually tell us anything.

8 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

That’s not true, the summer wave isn’t focused on oni 

I am in no way suppporting or confirming leaks however considering the ONI leader is in an acccessory and not a $80 set tells you something about the summer wave.

Edited by J4ck

1 hour ago, ninjagoyax555 said:

any chance we could see some summer sets at toy fair this year ?

Possibly. I don’t even know if Lego is confirmed at the toy fair. People usually leak pics from there.

Just now, Thedarkmaster2 said:

So let me get this straight? We're getting the baddest bad guys.... in just one pack?

But hey look on the bright side, we are getting them in a cheap set as opposed to a $80 set!

I dunno, it makes the threat more about them themselves rather than their weapons, vehicles or monsters.

(This discussion is probably more relevant to the show than the sets, but I don't want to mini-mod so :def_shrug:)

Edited by Agent Kallus

4 hours ago, Dr.Cogg said:

Do we know this for sure, because some villains last more than one season and set names don't usually tell us anything.

Season 10 is the end of the arc involving the Oni.

Kind of worried there won't be time for them to have much personality.

On 1/14/2019 at 1:38 PM, Laura Takayama said:

While I'm not super into Ninjago, I saw a recent pic of all the sets coming out in soon that @Aanchir posted on FB the other day, and I gotta say that the re-done version of the Storm Fighter is definitely a must-buy for me.  Like the original (which I have, although it's currently disassembled), this one would make a worthy addition to my ADU vehicle pool, with a few slight adjustments to the color scheme (mainly replacing the black with dark bley & adding some yellow trim).  Especially once I modify its armament. 

Definitely going to be one of my higher priority projects (right after getting the Apocalypseburg set & finally finishing that submarine MOC I posted a LDD render of a few years back).

ROFL! That is exactly what got me into Ninjago to begin with. I liked that the original Storm Fighter was a good match and made a good fighter jet for my ADU forces. So I modified it to add landing gear and remove the pearl gold bits. And somehow in the process I got hooked on the Ninjago line itself. 

Well, it's kinda odd for the big bad to just be that way in the pack considering he has four arms a cape and a more menacing staff (no leg prints has been discussed right?) as shown in the trailer. That said, that figure looked darn cool. I do love that Oni Mask design! It's quite nice to have another Oni Mask too.

9 hours ago, Thedarkmaster2 said:

It seems like a waste to have the Oni not in a whole wave of sets

I will have to agree with this. The leaked summer set list "The Forgotten Emperor Castle" seems fitting to be some sort of Oni base or at least something that the Oni corrupted into as that's the only set that sounded villain-y too. If it's not and it seems to be pointing to that, then yeah, seems to be waste indeed. But I'll wait and see what it is. Still, I really do wish to have a wave of sets, y'know to make the season more epic.

Edited by JJ Tong (zfogshooterz)

I don't remember him having four arms, but he did have leg prints.

31 minutes ago, Dr.Cogg said:

I don't remember him having four arms, but he did have leg prints.

Whoops sorry, I just took a look again at the Trailer and yeah, sorry, he doesn't have four arms. I literally mistook the cape for an arm. 

But still, yeah, no leg prints and no cape. And possibly a less menacing staff.

Edited by JJ Tong (zfogshooterz)

8 hours ago, JJ Tong (zfogshooterz) said:

But still, yeah, no leg prints and no cape. And possibly a less menacing staff.

Yeah We need more capes in Ninjago. Also i watched all the legacy shorts and the Overlord wasn't in any of them. They literally put him in that set for no reason

3 hours ago, Thedarkmaster2 said:

Yeah We need more capes in Ninjago. Also i watched all the legacy shorts and the Overlord wasn't in any of them. They literally put him in that set for no reason

My only guess that I could think off aside from the sake of throwbacks is to have something for the Golden Dragon to fight against if two kids plays with that set.

18 hours ago, JJ Tong (zfogshooterz) said:

My only guess that I could think off aside from the sake of throwbacks is to have something for the Golden Dragon to fight against if two kids plays with that set.

I just think it would have worked better if they had saved him for the March of the Oni. He's an Oni in everything but name

...Why exactly are we complaining about getting an incredibly cool Overlord figure in a cheap set? I don’t see any downsides to that.

Edited by Lyichir