46 minutes ago, Calunca said:

70681 spinjitzu slam – lloyd – 70 pieces – 7+

https://www.joueclub.fr/lego-70681-spinjitzu-slam-lloyd.html

70682 spinjitzu slam – jay – 72 pieces – 7+

https://www.joueclub.fr/lego-70682-spinjitzu-slam-jay.html

70683 spinjitzu slam – zane – 63 pieces – 7+

https://www.joueclub.fr/lego-70683-spinjitzu-slam-zane.html

70684 spinjitzu slam – kai vs. le samourai (spinjitzu slam – kai vs. the Samourai) – 164 pieces – 8+

https://www.joueclub.fr/lego-70684-spinjitzu-slam-kai-vs-le-samourai.html

Nice

On 1/13/2019 at 11:39 AM, Calunca said:

snip

First, official proof is nice, second.. I wonder, who is this "Samurai" and why were they important enough to get a spinner over Nya or Cole?

Edited by Peppermint_M
large, repeated quote

Remember when everyone said the new ninja masks are terrible? Well I think they’re pretty epic. I think what the issue was just the fact there is change. Change is good ya know?

Just now, J4ck said:

Remember when everyone said the new ninja masks are terrible? Well I think they’re pretty epic. I think what the issue was just the fact there is change. Change is good ya know?

What are you talking about? People had legitimate and valid reasons for disliking the new masks. Firstly; the long 'headband' stops you from putting on any form of shoulder armour - which is acceptable for the main six suits, but the Golden Ninja's shoulder armour was an important part of his design and I, at least, sorely miss it. 

Not to mention, the two-part assembly was great because it allowed the ninja to have their face so exposed without fully taking off their masks; you could just take off the bottom bit as you felt like it. Not to mention the wasted potential for more mask/armours like the Dragon Hunter style that you could mix-and-match with. 

5 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

What are you talking about? People had legitimate and valid reasons for disliking the new masks. Firstly; the long 'headband' stops you from putting on any form of shoulder armour - which is acceptable for the main six suits, but the Golden Ninja's shoulder armour was an important part of his design and I, at least, sorely miss it. 

Each to their own.

5 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

two-part assembly was great

I remember when people complained about those masks as well. My point was everyone complained of the new masks yet when we get new masks, people will complain and ask for these back. 

These are my favourite masks so far.

These new masks are impractical in every aspect. Furthemore, as someone already mentioned, you cant put a shoulder amrour with katana holder on ninja's back. That is so sad!

The new masks have grown on me. They feel like a nice callback to the classic masks, with a bit more color, and their secure attachment makes them work better than the movie masks would on the new Spinjitzu sets, since the movie masks had a bit of a tendency to swivel. Yes, the lower potential for shoulder armor and lack of attachment points is a bit of a shame, but then again, this year seems to also be debuting more shoulder armor that DOESN'T overlap the back, which in a lot of ways is a positive (since while it has fewer connections it also doesn't obscure back printing the way a lot of shoulder armor does). To be honest, the katana holders have also always felt a little impractical to me since they can only hold a few kinds of swords—and when was the last time in the TV series that all six ninja wielded swords? With the emphasis this wave on the golden weapons (none of which can fit in that kind of shoulder armor), the katana holders are sort of unnecessary.

The new masks have grown on me a lot personally. Not necessarily the long headbands but definitely the front.

To be fair, there will naturally always be something to complain about for some people. 

On 1/13/2019 at 6:10 AM, Tobias_Jay said:

I second this. I understand the current faces aren’t even two years old, but I realised recently how much I’d love to see ‘elemental’ faces for the new expressions, like the ones we have on the NRG and Airjitzu figures. The closest we have is the Legacy Golden Ninja, but it’d be great to see some for the others. 

I also hope that Zane’s standard head is updated, if only to update his smiling face to something less...intense. 

Nya does have a new face print in this year's sets! I suspect we'll continue to see head prints updated periodically, particularly with new faces for promotional figs like the Stone Armor Kai, Jay, and Cole figures we saw in the past.

I feel like Zane's new design has had quite a few non-smiling faces between the movie, Season 8, and Season 9 sets:

That said, it is frustrating that his new hair design, as much as I love it, introduces several inconveniences. He's the only ninja who can't use a double-faced head for both his hooded and hoodless variants, the only ninja who is still missing his new hair piece in the correct color (for his titanium variant, anyway), and for some reason, even the single-faced variants appearing in non-movie sets like the Zane Kendo Pod and S.O.G. Headquarters strangely omit the printing for his "fade" that was present on his unmasked minifigures for the LEGO Ninjago Movie.

Spinjitzu Slam sets sound interesting, though the names don't tell us much about what new gimmick they'll introduce. I suspect they'll have some kind of more specialized functional elements than the current ones, though, since they seem to have considerably lower piece counts for presumably the same $9.99/$19.99 price. Maybe some sort of launcher?

Edited by Aanchir

While I'm not super into Ninjago, I saw a recent pic of all the sets coming out in soon that @Aanchir posted on FB the other day, and I gotta say that the re-done version of the Storm Fighter is definitely a must-buy for me.  Like the original (which I have, although it's currently disassembled), this one would make a worthy addition to my ADU vehicle pool, with a few slight adjustments to the color scheme (mainly replacing the black with dark bley & adding some yellow trim).  Especially once I modify its armament. 

Definitely going to be one of my higher priority projects (right after getting the Apocalypseburg set & finally finishing that submarine MOC I posted a LDD render of a few years back).

As a non-collector of the theme, I must say the monastery set is a great concept, full team of ninjas at once. 

Going forward I hope they'd do more of that in sets when it comes to themes based on a team of named characters.

1 hour ago, TeriXeri said:

As a non-collector of the theme, I must say the monastery set is a great concept, full team of ninjas at once. 

Going forward I hope they'd do more of that in sets when it comes to themes based on a team of named characters.

Ninjago has had a pretty nice track record when it comes to putting a full team of ninja in many of its larger sets. Temple of Airjitzu, Temple of the Ultimate Ultimate Weapon, and Destiny's Bounty have all six ninja, while Ultra Sonic Raider, Ultra Stealth Raider, and Dragon Pit have four original members of the ninja team (Kai, Zane, Cole, and Jay), with the corresponding versions of the two newer recruits (Lloyd and Nya) appearing in sets like Samurai X Cave Chaos, Throne Room Showdown, and Oni Titan.

Of course, I also don't mind when sets like the various spinners/fliers make it easy to get a matching team of ninja individually at a considerably lower total cost. But up until this year's Spinjitzu sets, those sets often had big, expensive functional elements (like the spinners with ejector function and weighted ring in 2011–2012, or the wheel, propeller, and wing elements in 2015–2018) that substantially reduced the number of useful pieces you got for that price.

4 hours ago, Aanchir said:

Of course, I also don't mind when sets like the various spinners/fliers make it easy to get a matching team of ninja individually at a considerably lower total cost. 

Destiny's Bounty, and Temple of Airjitzu were more then double the price of this.

Just wanted to give my insight as someone basicly looking into new themes since my main focus of past years (Nexo Knights) ended right now.

I might be interested in this one set on sale, + possibly the Samurai X mech as the skeletons are kinda cool too, depending on how spring/summer 2019 develops.

I did like the Nexo Knight smaller Utlimate sets for sure ,I suppose that's the closest comparison to the Spinjitzu type sets.

Edited by TeriXeri
Fixed

1 hour ago, TeriXeri said:

For this year, if I counted up all the spinjitzu small sets I'd end up at €90 vs €85 monastery, and for USA it both is at $80, that's why I first mention it now, since it's the smallest difference it's been so far, and good starter kit for people new to the theme.

I'm a little confused by your math… This year has four $10/€10 Spinjitzu sets and two $20/€20 Spinjitzu sets. When I read your post I was worried there was some international price discrepancy shenanigans going on, but the total for the Spinjitzu sets on the dutch LEGO Shop site still comes out to €80, not €90.

But yeah, you're right that it definitely goes to show what a good value the Monastery is as a character pack.

2 hours ago, Aanchir said:

When I read your post I was worried there was some international price discrepancy shenanigans going on

Ok, I admit I misread that €15 in the list, must have been the samurai mech, oops.

Off topic :

Probably happened because I was also writing a post on the actual price difference that does exist between US and NL here , that actually goes both ways.

75203 Hoth Medical Chamber 255 pieces is €49.99 and $29.99. *oh2*  (Star Wars Licensed)

75951 Grindelwald´s Escape 132 pieces is €29.99 and $19.99. (Harry Potter Licensed)

While a City sets for example are more expensive in US $

60207 Drone Chase has 192 pieces, is €19.99 and $29.99  (City Police)

60214 Burger Bar Fire Rescue has 327 pieces is €29.99 and $39.99 (City Fire)

Edited by TeriXeri

11 hours ago, Aanchir said:

Nya does have a new face print in this year's sets! I suspect we'll continue to see head prints updated periodically, particularly with new faces for promotional figs like the Stone Armor Kai, Jay, and Cole figures we saw in the past.

I feel like Zane's new design has had quite a few non-smiling faces between the movie, Season 8, and Season 9 sets:

*links*

That said, it is frustrating that his new hair design, as much as I love it, introduces several inconveniences. He's the only ninja who can't use a double-faced head for both his hooded and hoodless variants, the only ninja who is still missing his new hair piece in the correct color (for his titanium variant, anyway), and for some reason, even the single-faced variants appearing in non-movie sets like the Zane Kendo Pod and S.O.G. Headquarters strangely omit the printing for his "fade" that was present on his unmasked minifigures for the LEGO Ninjago Movie.

Ah! I did hear tell that Nya’s face print has been updated in the Legacy wave, which is pleasing, seeing as her two face prints beforehand look incredibly similar under the mask. 

As well as the limited potential with his hair, I feel like I’m dissatisfied with Zane’s many faces since the redesign, mainly because they don’t really resemble faces Zane would regularly pull in the cartoon, I’d love to something that reflects his calmer personality in future, perhaps, like you say, on a future promo figure. 

31 minutes ago, Tobias_Jay said:

Ah! I did hear tell that Nya’s face print has been updated in the Legacy wave, which is pleasing, seeing as her two face prints beforehand look incredibly similar under the mask. 

As well as the limited potential with his hair, I feel like I’m dissatisfied with Zane’s many faces since the redesign, mainly because they don’t really resemble faces Zane would regularly pull in the cartoon, I’d love to something that reflects his calmer personality in future, perhaps, like you say, on a future promo figure. 

It's not an update. The Ninjago City Chase set from the movie, with the casual clothes Nya fig, had an at-the-time-unique head for Nya that had one 'normal' expression and one relaxed, smiling expression. They've just started using that one instead. 

On 1/13/2019 at 7:15 AM, GarmaFan said:

First, official proof is nice, second.. I wonder, who is this "Samurai" and why were they important enough to get a spinner over Nya or Cole?

I’m guessing Cole and Nya will be incorporated into a set (like the Lloyd and Nya Airjitzu, or the Spinjitzu Master Lloyd from the show was in a SoG set).  

I don’t know what the slam part will mean, but it makes me think of how it would be really cool if the ninja could actually slam their Spinjitzu from above into big area attacks, or when they stop spinning on be group, release an elemental wave.

So Jang managed to get his hands on the Oni Battle Pack, I wasn't even aware that one was coming out this early.

Overall I really like the look of the Oni so far. Not a huge fan of no prints on the legs but man those heads and torsos are going to be super useful.

On 1/15/2019 at 1:22 AM, Feng-huang0296 said:

It's not an update. The Ninjago City Chase set from the movie, with the casual clothes Nya fig, had an at-the-time-unique head for Nya that had one 'normal' expression and one relaxed, smiling expression. They've just started using that one instead. 

Actually, it appears the part in Ninjago City Chase is still unique. The new head print uses the open mouthed smile from City Chase and the determined smirk from the CMF Training Nya.

City Chase Head: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3626cpb1905#T=C&C=3

Original Standard Head: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3626cpb1888#T=S&C=3&O={"color":3,"iconly":0}

CMF Head: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3626cpb1868#T=S&C=3&O={"color":3,"iconly":0}

Legacy Head: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3626cpb2249&idColor=3#T=C&C=3

8 hours ago, shadefoundry said:

Overall I really like the look of the Oni so far. Not a huge fan of no prints on the legs but man those heads and torsos are going to be super useful.

It might be because it's a battle pack and they wanted to save some money

27 minutes ago, Thedarkmaster2 said:

It might be because it's a battle pack and they wanted to save some money

I hope so, the plain legs just look so off with the way the torsos are printed.