8 minutes ago, JJ Tong (zfogshooterz) said:

I would agree that it is in a way influential but I think Legacy was just meant and intentionally focused on the Original Series which is an era. From Rebooted onwards, that is a start of another era.

I think we're in the third 'era' of Ninjago right now. The first ended with Final Battle, the second started with Rebooted and ended with Hands of Time. And the third started with S.O.G. and continues to present

Just now, Thedarkmaster2 said:

I mean yeah.. but this already feels like another Day of Departed.. Honestly I'm more interested in what comes after this...

But I do love them new skeletons.

Agree to disagree. They may technically be more accurate, but they're so ugly - they don't even have boots. And the way they're using the standard samurai helmet with an empty clip and a recoloured mohawk for Kruncha and Nuckal respectively . . just, eew. I'll stick to my preserved 2011 versions. Wyplash too. 

13 minutes ago, Thedarkmaster2 said:

I mean yeah.. but this already feels like another Day of Departed.. Honestly I'm more interested in what comes after this...

But I do love them new skeletons.

Yeah, I am more interested in beyond too. Still, legacy's was a nice trip back into nostalgia I get from the pilot and the first two seasons. 

41 minutes ago, Thedarkmaster2 said:

If you wanna get real technical Wave/ season 1 was the skeletons, wave/season 2 was the snakes, and season 3 was The "Final" battle.

(Forgot to quote you on this.)

I do think that way too but I eventually see it differently. Though the pilot have episode counts, it's restarted in Rise of the Snakes and goes all the way from there. Also, if the pilot counts as season 1, you'd have to look at S.O.G. as Season 9 and Hunted as Season 10 which is odd as many sees it otherwise. Even it's seems otherwise officially.

Edited by JJ Tong (zfogshooterz)

16 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

I think we're in the third 'era' of Ninjago right now. The first ended with Final Battle, the second started with Rebooted and ended with Hands of Time. And the third started with S.O.G. and continues to present

Yep, agreed here. I do feel the same way too.

Agree to disagree. They may technically be more accurate, but they're so ugly - they don't even have boots. And the way they're using the standard samurai helmet with an empty clip and a recoloured mohawk for Kruncha and Nuckal respectively . . just, eew. I'll stick to my preserved 2011 versions. Wyplash too. 

In the set, they don't really look too bad though I will agree that 2011's version definitely looked way better there :thumbup:.

However, I must say, they looked really super weird in the Legacy mini-movies. They seem more deader. 2011's iteration looks more 'alive" even though it's a different sort of that.

Edited by JJ Tong (zfogshooterz)

I meant to say they felt better than the other villains. The legs are the weakest part and the mohawk is a nice recolor. I just HATE the Venemari

You have to admit that their head pieces are better than the old ones.. more customization. I couldn't get the originals (Aside from the generic lesser ones and the two from the Day of departed.) I think these guys if you gave them the old feet and a different name they'd be better liked...

I forgot to mention this but since we're talking about faceprints that green stone warrior face is really really good. Never knew I needed that color for them. Only faction I've ever army-built!

4 hours ago, Boogly22238 said:

I forgot to mention this but since we're talking about faceprints that green stone warrior face is really really good. Never knew I needed that color for them. Only faction I've ever army-built!

I love the new face print. It will help me build my army

9 hours ago, Boogly22238 said:

It was my first army build as well. It's a shame they never got a printed shield, in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, Exetrius said:

It was my first army build as well. It's a shame they never got a printed shield, in my opinion. 

A stickered one from DotD isn't enough?

Just now, 0Marty0 said:

I don't apply stickers, sorry. :tongue: Fabulous designs, but I hate how they feel and look (the texture).

14 minutes ago, Exetrius said:

I don't apply stickers, sorry. :tongue: Fabulous designs, but I hate how they feel and look (the texture).

I mean honestly stickers are easier to mass get than specialized shields... Also you can apply the stickers to other stuff. I applied it to a custom banner for my army

20 minutes ago, 0Marty0 said:

I thought people didn't like DOTD yet strangely people LOVE Legacy.

I'm not too keen on stickers either:sadnew: a printed shield would have been great.

Unless it's an exception, like that huge ghost dragon a few years back.

I like this new wave but im more concerned about whether we get any Oni sets..

Just now, Boogly22238 said:

I'm not too keen on stickers either:sadnew: a printed shield would have been great.

I mean I prefer prints to stickers too, I just don't think it's really a big deal

Just now, Boogly22238 said:

I like this new wave but im more concerned about whether we get any Oni sets..

Exactly that's my big concern. I hope the Oni get some sets. More than just one little pack thata'll be hard to get now and super expensive later

Just noticed that the upcoming mini Samurai Mech polybag (30533) is actually a two-in-one set that also can be rebuilt into a mini DB-X!

Just now, Aanchir said:

Just noticed that the upcoming mini Samurai Mech polybag (30533) is actually a two-in-one set that also can be rebuilt into a mini DB-X!

Woah really? Two samurai mechs a year

50 minutes ago, Thedarkmaster2 said:

More than just one little pack thata'll be hard to get now and super expensive later

To be fair the last 2 packs like that one are still available from shop@home (in the UK at least).

3 hours ago, ninjagoyax555 said:

would legacy samurai mech be good for army building ?

If you just want a ton of Kruncha and Nuckal, sure.

Edited by Penkid11

41 minutes ago, Penkid11 said:

If you just want a ton of Kruncha and Nuckal, sure.

Well, you can easily mix Kruncha's head with Nuckal's body and a sensei hat and get Wyplash this way...