Just now, Agent Kallus said:

WooHoo, looks good to me though I hope these aren't the only Oni we get as I'd like to see a new horn part like Mystake had in hunted.

Does it looks more like faun legs or normal legs for the masked one? the other two appear to be short legs and normal legs but I wasn't sure and I'm hoping for faun legs.

That said, I'll buy this either way.

There is another picture of the pack out there and it shows that the legs are regular legs for the main guy 

So this 3-pack is our Season 10 tie-in set, and the rest of the waves will proceed as normal - glad that’s all cleared up. And I can’t quite tell from the photo, but if the legs are unprinted that’s a tad disappointing, although the heads and torsos look great!

Just now, legozebra said:

So this 3-pack is our Season 10 tie-in set, and the rest of the waves will proceed as normal - glad that’s all cleared up. And I can’t quite tell from the photo, but if the legs are unprinted that’s a tad disappointing, although the heads and torsos look great!

All of the legs are unprinted 

I found the other picture and those horns look ridiculous. It's a shame about the faun legs, that would have made up for the identical torso's and the unprinted legs. Still I  like the Oni design and I'll get this but I'm hoping there'll be at lest one season ten set in the summer wave with more interesting oni in it ala skybound(or an oni form Mystake appearing in the next pack after this one.), though with season ten mostly under wraps at this point, maybe there won't be any other Oni designs.

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

We are getting an oni minifigure pack! It comes with 3 oni! Including the big bad that we saw in the trailer! It’s also coming January 1st

Can we have a pick?

Looks like Lego took the high road on these with a limited budget. Same torso prints, generic legs, and looks like the same heads with one repainted Oni mask and one bandanna mask. 

That said, glad we're getting something rather than nothing. With these the odds of Season 10-related stuff coming out next summer drop dramatically.

Now I'm curious to see if the season has these three Oni ala Superman 2 or the big guy and a small army.

19 minutes ago, Boogly22238 said:

I'm confused, is that the only set concerning them? They look cool albeit the middle one's enormous horns.

I sure hope there's more. That Batle Pack is . . disappointing. Three identical torso prints. I really liked the design Mystake had I not the show, I'm disappointed that they aren't giving us that. Replacing her horns with Black Panther's band bit is disappointing, and so's the bland torso print and absence of leg printing. 

The new black printed mask is cool, though. Good solution, especially with the horns. 

Okay so that I won't forget here's my thoughts on the Legacy wave.

The small training set with Nya and Kai looks alright nothing special it's nice to get them in a cheap set though. The Samurai Mech looks cool if the two skeletons are a bit odd. Cole's vehicle is a great update and I love the massive stone warrior. The Ultra dragon looks fine.. very cluttered though. The Golden dragon is phenomenal with an AMAZING overlord figure. Kai's Blade Cycle & Zane's Snowmobile is another bike set but one done really well. I hate that they rely so much on the Venemari and not any of the other serpentine but at least we get someone other than Lasha. The Monastery looks to big for me to get but it's cool

The Spinner all look like an excellent compromise between the old customization of the original spinners and the specialized mold of the later ones. The new hood pieces don't bother me. Every time they make new hood pieces someone complains... It's kinda frustrating to see the same argument come again and again. Honestly they're fine if more stylized. The returning villains are a mixed bag. The skeletons are really cool and I love the new headpiece as it has the best of both the original skulkin heads and the OG lego ekeletons. But man the legs they gave them are so narrow they just fall over too easy. The nexo bot legs were better. The Serpentine were well underwhelming. Pythor is cool but they brought the Venemari back AGAIN. And Lasha's new face print is terrible. Garmadon is cool. The Overlord is amazing. The Stone army dudes are really cool with a new green face that both interests and puzzles me.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if there turn out to be more Oni related sets in the summer, just like how the Stone Army sets in 2013 and a handful of Skybound sets in summer 2016 came after the air date of their respective seasons. But overall this battle pack seems quite suitable for those who want to army build, allowing future sets to focus on more distinctive Oni characters who might not be as interchangeable in the story.

On 12/25/2018 at 12:14 PM, Thedarkmaster2 said:

I hate that they rely so much on the Venemari and not any of the other serpentine but at least we get someone other than Lasha.

I suspect the focus on the Venomari and Pythor is because they correspond to the main colors of the 2012 Serpentine sets (green and purple). That's especially important for reinforcing that connection here, since these sets don't have any Serpentine vehicles in them to communicate the colors that so heavily defined that year's sets. Although, I'm not so fond of the Venomari's makeover with their clearly defined yellow muscles instead of the more vertical scaly patterns of the originals (Pythor's lavender muscles don't bother me quite so much).

Just now, Aanchir said:

It wouldn't surprise me at all if there turn out to be more Oni related sets in the summer, just like how the Stone Army sets in 2013 and a handful of Skybound sets in summer 2016 came after the air date of their respective seasons. But overall this battle pack seems quite suitable for those who want to army build, allowing future sets to focus on more distinctive Oni characters who might not be as interchangeable in the story.

I suspect the focus on the Venomari and Pythor is because they correspond to the main colors of the 2012 Serpentine sets (green and purple). That's especially important for reinforcing that connection here, since these sets don't have any Serpentine vehicles in them to communicate the colors that so heavily defined that year's sets. Although, I'm not so fond of the Venomari's makeover with their clearly defined yellow muscles instead of the more vertical scaly patterns of the originals (Pythor's lavender muscles don't bother me quite so much).

It's just odd that they bring back Lasha again With an even worse face print. Spitta returning is nice and he has the same face print, but where's the other two?

Also I kinda wish they had withheld from bringing the overlord back in Legacy... I mean the OG set didn't even have him...

Your thoughts on the new green Stone warrior face print? I don't mind the change but it seems odd.. They were originally well defined. the warriors had red faces, the swordsmen had blue, and the scouts had yellow. The Day of Departed versions had all red printing. Now the yellow and red is back... But now they have green faces not blue ones...

Just now, Thedarkmaster2 said:

It's just odd that they bring back Lasha again With an even worse face print. Spitta returning is nice and he has the same face print, but where's the other two?

Also I kinda wish they had withheld from bringing the overlord back in Legacy... I mean the OG set didn't even have him...

Your thoughts on the new green Stone warrior face print? I don't mind the change but it seems odd.. They were originally well defined. the warriors had red faces, the swordsmen had blue, and the scouts had yellow. The Day of Departed versions had all red printing. Now the yellow and red is back... But now they have green faces not blue ones...

I imagine the fact that Lasha appeared so recently was a big part of WHY they brought him back again. It's probably easier to keep that headgear mold in use than to bring back more than one of the older Venomari head molds that haven't appeared in years. Between his more recent appearances and his more frequent appearances in the original 2012 sets, he's also easily one of the Serpentine designs fans will be most familiar with.

As lower-ranking Serpentine, Lasha and Spitta are also some of the most practical for older fans to get duplicates of since they make good army-building fodder. By comparison, the Serpentine warriors and generals tended to be a little more noteworthy as individual characters, so duplicates of them would look more out of place. Also, bringing back Acidicus could have made the hierarchy of the Serpentine characters in the Legacy sets more confusing to people who hadn't seen the show, since there'd be two different Serpentine characters with the height and long tails that single them out as leaders/generals.

As far as the Stone Army faces go, I don't think it's ever been quite as strict as you make it out to be — even in 2013, the Samurai Accessory Set swapped the usual face colors of the Scout and Swordsman ranks, and the Day of the Departed sets used Dark Red patterned faces for the scouts, swordsmen, AND warriors. While clearly defined designs make things a little more consistent for marking figures off a checklist, I think a more mix-and-match approach where any rank (besides General) can have any color of face markings greatly multiplies the army building potential. With six non-rank-specific face designs to choose from besides Kozu's more unique red-on-white pattern, a person building their own Stone Army can create a much more diverse-looking infantry than if every rank were expected to be strictly defined by face color as well as by height and weapon/headgear/armor style.

Just now, Aanchir said:

I imagine the fact that Lasha appeared so recently was a big part of WHY they brought him back again. It's probably easier to keep that headgear mold in use than to bring back more than one of the older Venomari head molds that haven't appeared in years. Between his more recent appearances and his more frequent appearances in the original 2012 sets, he's also easily one of the Serpentine designs fans will be most familiar with.

Why change his face though? That was unneeded. 

Just now, Aanchir said:

As lower-ranking Serpentine, Lasha and Spitta are also some of the most practical for older fans to get duplicates of since they make good army-building fodder. By comparison, the Serpentine warriors and generals tended to be a little more noteworthy as individual characters, so duplicates of them would look more out of place. Also, bringing back Acidicus could have made the hierarchy of the Serpentine characters in the Legacy sets more confusing to people who hadn't seen the show, since there'd be two different Serpentine characters with the height and long tails that single them out as leaders/generals.

I mean in the show there were multiple warriors. I understand the cost perspective and when it comes to generals I guess it makes sense. 

1 minute ago, Aanchir said:

As far as the Stone Army faces go, I don't think it's ever been quite as strict as you make it out to be — even in 2013, the Samurai Accessory Set swapped the usual face colors of the Scout and Swordsman ranks, and the Day of the Departed sets used Dark Red patterned faces for the scouts, swordsmen, AND warriors. While clearly defined designs make things a little more consistent for marking figures off a checklist, I think a more mix-and-match approach where any rank (besides General) can have any color of face markings greatly multiplies the army building potential. With six non-rank-specific face designs to choose from besides Kozu's more unique red-on-white pattern, a person building their own Stone Army can create a much more diverse-looking infantry than if every rank were expected to be strictly defined by face color as well as by height and weapon/headgear/armor style.

Just so we're clear I NEVER said a new face print for the stone warriors was a bad thing, i just said it was odd. And I think having more face prints is good for designing legions and such.. But to correct you(Sorry if my autism comes out in this sentence) actually there's only four non specific head prints. The original red, blue and yellow face designs. And the new Green ones (Which I love). If I ever build an army of any kind it will be of the Stone warrior, because they really look like Oni

Also one thing that bums me out is that they ignored rebooted.. and I know people say it's not in the original series but c'mon it was pretty influential...

2 hours ago, Thedarkmaster2 said:

Also one thing that bums me out is that they ignored rebooted.. and I know people say it's not in the original series but c'mon it was pretty influential...

They ignored everything from season 3 and after. It’s only season 1 and 2 they focused on...

17 minutes ago, TheLazyChicken said:

They ignored everything from season 3 and after. It’s only season 1 and 2 they focused on...

Technically, the Skeletons were from the pilot

25 minutes ago, GarmaFan said:

Technically, the Skeletons were from the pilot

If you wanna get real technical Wave/ season 1 was the skeletons, wave/season 2 was the snakes, and season 3 was The "Final" battle.

49 minutes ago, TheLazyChicken said:

But I think a lot of people have nostalgia for the first 4 seasons... way more than the later ones. The fans made it so Rebooted happened. 

3 hours ago, Thedarkmaster2 said:

I would agree that it is in a way influential but I think Legacy was just meant and intentionally focused on the Original Series which is an era. From Rebooted onwards, that is a start of another era.

They could go further than the originals, but it probably would feel like another Day of the Departed again, just without the Master Yang stuffs. At least Legacy feels different.

Edited by JJ Tong (zfogshooterz)

3 minutes ago, JJ Tong (zfogshooterz) said:

I would agree that it is in a way influential but I think Legacy was just meant and intentionally focused on the Original Series which is an era. From Rebooted onwards, that is a start of another era.

They could go further than the originals, but it probably would feel like another Day of the Departed again, just without the Master Yang stuffs. At least Legacy feels different.

I mean yeah.. but this already feels like another Day of Departed.. Honestly I'm more interested in what comes after this...

But I do love them new skeletons.