I'm bummed to find out the Monastery doesn't have window/wall pane decorations for the main tower are stickers. The rest of the entire set is nothing short off splendid, but I'm afraid leaving those stickers off as usual will greatly detract from the overall look. :sceptic: As far as the other sets are concerned, I think the updated Earth Driller, Storm Fighter and Ultradragon are all fantastic and great improvements over their predecessors. Never really cared for the Golden Dragon, but I like the updated head mould. Kai's bike looks more sleek, Zane's bike is less cool and icy than it originally was, in my opinion. The samurai mech is meh to me. Love the little dojo training set, with the detailed corner (hope that 2x4 is a print!), dummy, Samurai X armour and the blade pack in gold, awesome! 

Perhaps what I'm most curious and excited about are the spinjitzu sets, to my own surprise. They hit my nostalgia nerve just right! They are essentially what Ninjago was all about when the theme launched, and what we basically never got in brick form but knew very well from the show: the spinjitzu tornadoes. I think they are done well with these sets, especially Wu's and Garmadon's, plus there are some nice accessory add-ons. I'm really interested to find out how well they combine with the 'spinner stick', it looks like a lot of fun! :sweet:

About the minifigs: there's a lot to like. In the past I have expressed my dissatisfaction with the insignias that the ninja got in TLNM and then in the SoG wave as well. Hence, I feel obliged to celebrate the return of their pseudo-kanji insignias (and I genuinely do!). :grin::thumbup: The ninja's designs also feel less <insert that tiresome argument> than those of last last wave, which gives me hope for the future. The updated villains are a mixed bag. I like the Skullkin re-designs of the heads, which are more versatile and have better proportions than before, and the shoulder armour is really neat. I do miss the booted legs, not sure why those couldn't have been included instead of 'barefoot' skeleton legs. The Overlord is a nice figure, but a big mess when it comes to show accuracy, I wish it looked more like his 'draconoid' form, before becoming a full-fledged Dragon of Darkness. Anyway, I have the original figure, so it's not a huge deal for me. Not interested in the Venomary Serpentine here. The stone warriors are great though, the designs are even a bit more detailed and I like the introduction of a warrior with green facial markings!

I see a lot of opportunities for a summer expansion of this Legacy wave, but I think I talked enough for now.. :blush: 

On 12/17/2018 at 9:26 PM, bricksnator said:

I definitely saw the Oni. But thus far there's no sign of an Oni minifigure. Our only hope of getting one is if there's still another surprise set we haven't seen.

The throwbacks fit with the theme of Legacy. This is a celebration of the brand heading into its 100th episode. The more I think about Oni taking the form of former villains, the more I think that's what's going to happen.

Then I wonder how the golden weapons is going to fit in if that's the case. Oni taking the form of the previous villains is one thing as that's a reasonable explanation (though disappointing personally as I was looking forward to more oni designs). Still, yeah, it's too early to tell. There might be ways to fit the whole thing in and how it's done might change some perceptions.

1 hour ago, GarmaFan said:

Looks like we've finally got Legacy's relation to the show, and the content Tommy said would be coming first: these new animated clips.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/campaigns/kids/ninjago/legacy

And with that out of the way.. I think it's safe to say Season 10 is going to be all Oni.

This feels a little bit like Day of the Departed, only little web clips designed to tie up loose narrative ends and sell a wave of toys versus a TV special.

{laughs} "Enhanced visual augmentation," - "Hey! We didn't look like that back then!"

Oh man, did Kai just lampshade his own design changes? That's hilarious!

And they finally explained the Ultra Dragon! It's about time!

I guess people were kind of right about how this would be tied in and the reason for the inconsistencies.

On 9/10/2018 at 4:38 PM, Aanchir said:

A story with one or more characters sharing stories about things that happened before, but the way things happen in the stories is full of inaccuracies (either out of forgetfulness, or exaggerating things based on how things felt to them or how they prefer to imagine things happened rather than how they actually happened, or because they actually only know small parts of the story and everything else is filled in by hearsay and guesswork). Often these types of stories have the people who actually lived them provide either ongoing or after-the-fact commentary on how much the people/person telling the story got wrong. This can also come in the form of characters watching an inaccurate movie or heavily staged documentary about themselves.

Really glad these are just mini-movies though instead of the whole special/season being about them, or them taking time away from the Oni. Or the Oni shapeshifting into villains. 

Of course.. this also means we truly do know basically nothing about what will happen in Season 10. We've been never been this in the dark before..

Edited by GarmaFan

On 12/19/2018 at 4:49 AM, Exetrius said:

Perhaps what I'm most curious and excited about are the spinjitzu sets, to my own surprise. They hit my nostalgia nerve just right! They are essentially what Ninjago was all about when the theme launched, and what we basically never got in brick form but knew very well from the show: the spinjitzu tornadoes. I think they are done well with these sets, especially Wu's and Garmadon's, plus there are some nice accessory add-ons. I'm really interested to find out how well they combine with the 'spinner stick', it looks like a lot of fun! :sweet:

Yeah, I would say that they do hit the nostalgia in a way to me. And I definitely do prefer this to the Airjitzu and 2018's Spinjitzu and Dragon Masters! If they just re-add the game cards and possibly have more in the next wave (as the '11 and '12 does), the nostalgia might just hit more!

I, too, am quite interested in the spinner stick! Looks more fun and interesting than using your hand to spin the heads!

6 minutes ago, Takanuinuva said:

Unless Jay and Nya told everyone the story. Nadakhan and his pirates shouldn't be on the mural.

Yeah, that's weird. I'm guessing since Tommy Andreasen himself wrote them, they're canon though.

Man! The Legacy mini-movies really hit the nostaslgia there! The Monastery and most of the soundtrack. It just hits it! Even the format of the mini-movies is very similar to the '11! And it's pretty cool on how it's ties in to S.O.G. and Hunted too! And how the intentional graphical inconsistencies is explained is pretty neat.

43 minutes ago, GarmaFan said:

Really glad these are just mini-movies though instead of the whole special/season being about them, or them taking time away from the Oni. Or the Oni shapeshifting into villains. 

Of course.. this also means we truly do know basically nothing about what will happen in Season 10. We've been never been this in the dark before..

I'm very glad and quite stoked to finally know nothing going to be taken away from the Oni too! Looking forward to seeing on how the Oni design, sets and season is going to be.

And also, thanks for letting us know on the mini-movies! :thumbup:

Edited by JJ Tong (zfogshooterz)

2 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

Unless Jay and Nya told everyone the story. Nadakhan and his pirates shouldn't be on the mural.

Eh. I always thought the whole 'unwind time so none of it ever happened' thing was lazy writing and a horrible way to close off what, in my opinion, was the best season thus far (at the time. Hunted blew it out of the water so hard, though).

I have always headcanoned that, at the very least, everyone regained their memories after the period it would have taken for events to transpire in the alternate timeline. 

5 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Eh. I always thought the whole 'unwind time so none of it ever happened' thing was lazy writing and a horrible way to close off what, in my opinion, was the best season thus far (at the time. Hunted blew it out of the water so hard, though).

I have always headcanoned that, at the very least, everyone regained their memories after the period it would have taken for events to transpire in the alternate timeline. 

They don't though, they were confused by the Police Commisioner mentioning a pirate genie in Season 8.

In the Samurai X-treme short, you can see Harumi with her parents at the end watching Samurai X...

That nicely ties up Harumi's line: "Nya - the girl I always wanted to be like"

There's a new full trailer for Season 10 - it seems to be a lot more character-driven, which could explain the lack of sets (and I'm all for it!)

18 minutes ago, legozebra said:

There's a new full trailer for Season 10 - it seems to be a lot more character-driven, which could explain the lack of sets (and I'm all for it!)

i still hope season 10 sets some point in 2019 I really do 

Not sure if anyone has posted it but all the legacy sets are on Amazon available for preorder

Edited by Cyclone_37

Wow that looks amazing. It really seems based on the trailers we have seen that the only minifigure so far that we would be missing out on if they didn’t do any sets based on the special would be the oni guy

This trailer looks awesome, it hypes me up for the new season much more than the first one.

Also, I hope we'll get that "Classic Nya" minifigure in blue because it looks really nice... (Why do you always make nice minifigure designs for the show and don't release them, LEGO, why?!)

3 hours ago, 0Marty0 said:

This trailer looks awesome, it hypes me up for the new season much more than the first one.

Also, I hope we'll get that "Classic Nya" minifigure in blue because it looks really nice... (Why do you always make nice minifigure designs for the show and don't release them, LEGO, why?!)

Because Ninjago's target group is very young. Kids don't care much for any of the side characters, or the alternative clothes. A designer of many Ninjago sets once said over at brickset, that they are always trying to get some different characters or outfits in the sets.

The bricktober packs therefore are really a big fanservice for us AFOL's: getting Kabuki Nya from Season 4 or Master Jay, who was visible for like 3 seconds.

16 hours ago, GarmaFan said:

Yeah. No new locations, nothing to make a set about. Maybe at least they'll make a stronghold in Ninjago City though?

This 4-part season is where the rumored Borg Tower set could come into play. We clearly see old Cyrus in the trailer. Who knows? We're in uncharted waters here where the next sets align with web shorts and the next season's toy supplement is completely unknown.

52 minutes ago, bricksnator said:

This 4-part season is where the rumored Borg Tower set could come into play. We clearly see old Cyrus in the trailer. Who knows? We're in uncharted waters here where the next sets align with web shorts and the next season's toy supplement is completely unknown.

Borg tower set was just a rumor it’s not coming 

Falconfan1414, do you know if the Frozen Temple was just a rumor also ?

Just now, ninjagoyax555 said:

it seems that season 10 is the last season but I don't think it the last 

Well we've heard that there will be another wave in the summer so I doubt that it's the last season, but I did have a wild and probably incorrect guess about that in the tv show thread.