Ooh! I'm definitely looking forward to see this! March of the Oni is quite an interesting name for the season!

2 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

I love the look of the armoured oni in the teaser.

Me too! I am excited to see how it actually looks. This shows that the Oni minifigures could be promising. Also looking forward to the sets too since it's said that they're going to be good!

Also by the way, this is interesting - Season 10 teaser youtube description:

"Bringers of doom, darkness, and destruction descend upon NINJAGO, and all hope seems lost. The ninjas must fight off the Oni invasion – but how can they defeat this destructive power and protect the NINJAGO legacy? There isn’t much time left - is this the end of NINJAGO, or will good defeat the powers of evil?

Relive the NINJAGO legacy! Build your own ninja stories, and find more LEGO NINJAGO videos here on YouTube or LEGO.com/NINJAGO"

There are aspect of Legacy in it. Since it was said that there will be some other Ninjago content coming before the special, maybe that's how legacy will tie in before the special? Or the content could just be the Legacy sets itself?

7 hours ago, JJ Tong (zfogshooterz) said:

Me too! I am excited to see how it actually looks. This shows that the Oni minifigures could be promising. Also looking forward to the sets too since it's said that they're going to be good!

What Oni minifigures. I suspect the Legacy connection in Season 10 will be Oni shapeshifting into all the former villains we get in the Legacy sets.

Just now, ninjagoyax555 said:

if this is season 10 what about the tv movie? 

Season 10 is the special that is a TV movie.

Is the fire temple still a rumored set? Because I know original leaks said they were remaking the fire temple. However I hope season 10 would be a good one, season 8 and 9 were not my favorites.

Just now, GarmaFan said:

Season 10 is the special that is a TV movie.

ohh alright then sounds good is season 10 tv movie is going to be a full year ? like we getting sets based on it in the summer ?

Just now, ninjagoyax555 said:

ohh alright then sounds good is season 10 tv movie is going to be a full year ? like we getting sets based on it in the summer ?

There's no summer sets leaks yet to know that.

1 hour ago, ninjagoyax555 said:

The tenuous info we do have from leakers is that the summer sets are not Legacy sets, and instead something new. We know from Comic Con there's several unaccounted hours of content for 2019 besides the four episode Season 10, so I'm guessing the summer 2019 wave will be based on what is presumably Season 11 in the summer.

3 hours ago, bricksnator said:

What Oni minifigures. I suspect the Legacy connection in Season 10 will be Oni shapeshifting into all the former villains we get in the Legacy sets.

Well, I guess I forgot to add, if season 10 has sets. Or you didn't notice the Oni Silhouette at the end of the teaser just before the title was shown.

But seriously, I would really find really odd for this to happen. The big special that just being throwbacks? The big threat that's built up just being portrayed as previous villians? And that silhouette of the Oni at the end does look really good and it definitely doesn't looks like Legacy's Overlord. It'll be a shame if there's nothing on them.

Edited by JJ Tong (zfogshooterz)

7 hours ago, legozebra said:

The tenuous info we do have from leakers is that the summer sets are not Legacy sets, and instead something new. We know from Comic Con there's several unaccounted hours of content for 2019 besides the four episode Season 10, so I'm guessing the summer 2019 wave will be based on what is presumably Season 11 in the summer.

ninjawhip did say on Instagram story that the main oni bad guy is a set 

9 hours ago, JJ Tong (zfogshooterz) said:

Well, I guess I forgot to add, if season 10 has sets. Or you didn't notice the Oni Silhouette at the end of the teaser just before the title was shown.

But seriously, I would really find really odd for this to happen. The big special that just being throwbacks? The big threat that's built up just being portrayed as previous villians? And that silhouette of the Oni at the end does look really good and it definitely doesn't looks like Legacy's Overlord. It'll be a shame if there's nothing on them.

I definitely saw the Oni. But thus far there's no sign of an Oni minifigure. Our only hope of getting one is if there's still another surprise set we haven't seen.

The throwbacks fit with the theme of Legacy. This is a celebration of the brand heading into its 100th episode. The more I think about Oni taking the form of former villains, the more I think that's what's going to happen.

Maybe there's a store exclusive set with the Oni.

I don't know, even if they do take the form of old villains, it seems like it would be really weird of LEGO to just not make minifigures out of them. The Oni in teaser looks cool and distinguished enough for a figure. 

It looks like the Oni are just taking over Ninjago City instead of the Ninja going to where ever they were, so maybe there's no interesting new locations to make sets out of? Which would make me concerned about the season's quality.. 

1 hour ago, GarmaFan said:

Maybe there's a store exclusive set with the Oni.

I don't know, even if they do take the form of old villains, it seems like it would be really weird of LEGO to just not make minifigures out of them. The Oni in teaser looks cool and distinguished enough for a figure.

It looks like the Oni are just taking over Ninjago City instead of the Ninja going to where ever they were, so maybe there's no interesting new locations to make sets out of? Which would make me concerned about the season's quality.

Oni are likely to be in the second half of the year.

15 minutes ago, Ragana9289 said:

Oni are likely to be in the second half of the year.

But Tommy A said that this four episode special wraps up the arc that started with Sons of Garmadon, leading me to sadly believe that the Oni will be one and done in four episodes...

Just now, legozebra said:

But Tommy A said that this four episode special wraps up the arc that started with Sons of Garmadon, leading me to sadly believe that the Oni will be one and done in four episodes.

I'm talking about sets.

7 hours ago, ninjagoyax555 said:

ninjawhip did say on Instagram story that the main oni bad guy is a set 

He deleted that story and said on Twitter that it "doesn't match up".

2 hours ago, ninjagoyax555 said:

ninjago story for next year it soo confusing I don't know if I want to take it in a good way or the bad way?? 

It's really only confusing as we know almost nothing about it besides small snippets from the creators - I have faith that Bragi Schut, who wrote some of the best episodes of SoG and Hunted, has the story under control, even though the prospect of the Oni conflict wrapping up in just four episodes after basically 20 episodes of buildup to the threat is worrying.

2 hours ago, legozebra said:

It's really only confusing as we know almost nothing about it besides small snippets from the creators - I have faith that Bragi Schut, who wrote some of the best episodes of SoG and Hunted, has the story under control, even though the prospect of the Oni conflict wrapping up in just four episodes after basically 20 episodes of buildup to the threat is worrying.

Yeah, speculating on next to nothing makes things seem sound much more confusing than it is.

For now, we have:

1. A wonderful wave of redesigned classic sets featuring well-known heroes and villains.
  2. An upcoming 100th episode TV special featuring the Oni, which might either relate to the upcoming wave, a separate summer wave, or both.

We're not likely to get much new information about the latter for a little while, so for now it's easier to just focus on the former from a set perspective without worrying so much about how they fit into the story (if at all).