It could be them being sucked into wherever the Oni are, it's pretty vague. Really hoping something about the plot that isn't vague crypticness gets revealed soon.. but the first teaser is probably still a month away. 

If it is time travel and the Legacy actually have story relevance, I really cannot wrap around how they could fit time travel, wrapping up SoG and Hunted's plot (I assume Oni), and another Jay and Nya romance thing into 88 minutes..

Edited by GarmaFan

Although I do wish that Legacy would have a unique story, however I don't think that would fit the Oni. From the end of Hunted it seems that they're portrayed as the big threat. So having them just to be in the guise of the previous villains just doesn't feel right. They deserved to be unique villains in a new wave of sets which I hope that the '19 summer sets will be.

Of course if the reality turns out to be very different, I'll accept it.

Edited by JJ Tong (zfogshooterz)

2 hours ago, JJ Tong (zfogshooterz) said:

Although I do wish that Legacy would have a unique story, however I don't think that would fit the Oni. From the end of Hunted it seems that they're portrayed as the big threat. So having them just to be in the guise of the previous villains just doesn't feel right. They deserved to be unique villains in a new wave of sets which I hope that it'll be the '19 summer sets be.

Of course if the reality turns out to be very different, I'll accept it.

Yeah, I'm really worried as Tommy A has said many times that the special wraps up the multi-season arc that started with SoG, and I feel that the Oni should be a credible enough threat to at least last a season, and especially at least have their own unique minifigure forms.

34 minutes ago, legozebra said:

Yeah, I'm really worried as Tommy A has said many times that the special wraps up the multi-season arc that started with SoG, and I feel that the Oni should be a credible enough threat to at least last a season, and especially at least have their own unique minifigure forms.

After seeing Misako's "true form" in Hunted, I have to say I... don't particularly care if we get them as minifigures? The resemblance to Garmadon's corrupted appearance is kind of neat but otherwise it looked a bit underwhelming, and I imagine potentially even a little boring if we got a wave of sets with a whole faction of figs like that. Shapeshifted ones have the potential to be substantially more interesting to me.

Just now, Lyichir said:

After seeing Misako's "true form" in Hunted, I have to say I... don't particularly care if we get them as minifigures? The resemblance to Garmadon's corrupted appearance is kind of neat but otherwise it looked a bit underwhelming, and I imagine potentially even a little boring if we got a wave of sets with a whole faction of figs like that. Shapeshifted ones have the potential to be substantially more interesting to me.

I get that the design was very derivative of Garmadon, but the chance to get the black fawn legs that Mystake had as well as a new horn mold is alluring. It just feels like a bit of a cop out if they were to appear as previous villains, but of course this is all speculation until the special actually comes out. I'm hoping (and guessing) that the focus on Jay and Nya's wedding is because at some point, one will be replaced by an Oni, which should be a really fun storyline to explore.

I guess their designs probably don't leave much room for variety, but most of the enemies are clones except for the main antagonist. I'm guessing a potential "Oni Warlord" would look more extravagant. They could have different markings, different chest patters, maybe different skin colors considering the Oni Masks..

And they're kind of major to just not make sets out of them. If they're in the special, I'm guessing at the least there'd be a couple sets based off of it in the Summer sets. Like how the DoD wave had some Skybound sets.

And uh, maybe an odd take considering this franchise is what it is, but the Oni shapeshifting into previous villains to justify the remake wave sounds like the most transparently toyetic thing ever. It just.. sounds like a reach even for Ninjago imo. 

3 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Well, not all Oni would necessarily look like that. They could have different shapes and sizes or different outfits… particularly as shapeshifters, there’s arguably as much room for variety for them as with some of Nexo Knights’ monster factions.

Now, that said… while I don’t necessarily have any supporting evidence, I have generally been thinking that the upcoming special event will be its own thing, and the return of the Oni will be saved for the next full ten-episode season. With all the buildup they’ve gotten as one of the biggest threats to Ninjago yet, a villain scary enough to frighten even Lord Garmadon’s evil side (something not even the Overlord was able to do), it’d feel kind of underwhelming if it only took 88 minutes of animation to both set up AND resolve the conflict between the Ninja and the Oni.

4 hours ago, GarmaFan said:

I guess their designs probably don't leave much room for variety, but most of the enemies are clones except for the main antagonist. I'm guessing a potential "Oni Warlord" would look more extravagant. They could have different markings, different chest patters, maybe different skin colors considering the Oni Masks..

Yes indeed, considering how Mr. E and Ultra Violet looks while wearing the Oni Masks show that there's great potential on how possibly insanely cool and interesting the Oni could look other than being Garmadon-esque.

Now that I think of this more, I don't think Mystake was wearing any armor when she was in her Oni form. So maybe Oni armory might heavily compensate on how bland the Oni could look? But, yeah, on the other hand, considering the Oni Mask embodies the three Oni warlords, it's indeed a very high possibility that all the insane design goes to the big bad. Though the generals should also stand out in term of design too.

4 hours ago, Aanchir said:

Well, not all Oni would necessarily look like that. They could have different shapes and sizes or different outfits… particularly as shapeshifters, there’s arguably as much room for variety for them as with some of Nexo Knights’ monster factions.

Now, that said… while I don’t necessarily have any supporting evidence, I have generally been thinking that the upcoming special event will be its own thing, and the return of the Oni will be saved for the next full ten-episode season. With all the buildup they’ve gotten as one of the biggest threats to Ninjago yet, a villain scary enough to frighten even Lord Garmadon’s evil side (something not even the Overlord was able to do), it’d feel kind of underwhelming if it only took 88 minutes of animation to both set up AND resolve the conflict between the Ninja and the Oni.

That makes more sense, but Tommy Andreasen's been saying that it'd be the conclusion of a 24-episode arc and SoG and Hunted's story. If it doesn't involve the Oni, wouldn't it make more sense for the next season to be called the conclusion? 

Harumi's dead, Mr. E's revealthe Sons of Garmadon are in jail, the Dragon Hunters are good now, and Garmadon is powerless. What else could be being concluded? I guess killing Garmadon off again would technically count since it's what started this in the first place? Then.. the Oni isn't technically a part of the SoG-Hunted arc.. but a sequel?

Edited by GarmaFan

3 hours ago, NetherCreeper said:

Well, it could be Lloyd's character arc...

Well.. what else is there that wasn't settled by the end of Hunted? Getting over Harumi?

Edited by GarmaFan

To be fair and I'm sure this could be an obvious fact, despite Lloyd defeating Garmadon at the end of Hunted, I'm sure that there are stuffs that definitely aren't resolved yet. With the depth of Lloyd and Garmadon go through in The Final Battle as enemies, there should be more going on even after Hunted.

If you look closely at the cover for the January issue, there is a panel from the comic with Old Wu in the Legacy outfit riding the Stormbringer dragon saying: "Together we'll protect the Dead's End" (translation).

So they are probably not travelling through time but through dimensions into the Realm of Oni and Dragons.

But the comic also does not have to be canon...

47 minutes ago, 0Marty0 said:

If you look closely at the cover for the January issue, there is a panel from the comic with Old Wu in the Legacy outfit riding the Stormbringer dragon saying: "Together we'll protect the Dead's End" (translation).

So they are probably not travelling through time but through dimensions into the Realm of Oni and Dragons.

But the comic also does not have to be canon...

The comics are non-canon, but they reflect what's going on in the current installment though, right? Essentially acting as stuff that could happen between episodes?

Well.. the Dragons and Hunters are apparently cool with each other now. Only one other group of beings native to the First Realm that's still antagonistic to both of them and is big enough of a threat for the Dragons to bring Wu back.. not a lot of options there.

Unless it really is just filler and it's a rogue group of Dragon Hunters that are still loyal to Iron Baron or something. ..or it's the remake villains.

Edited by GarmaFan

There's a lot they could do with Oni designs.. black with fierce markings like the Stone Army, plus the designs from the oni masks, that would look pretty intense if you ask me, plus I'm sure atleast one will have four arms, not to mention the armor and weapons they would use 

Edited by Boogly22238

5 hours ago, Boogly22238 said:

There's a lot they could do with Oni designs.. black with fierce markings like the Stone Army, plus the designs from the oni masks, that would look pretty intense if you ask me, plus I'm sure atleast one will have four arms, not to mention the armor and weapons they would use 

Since they're shape shifters, I wouldn't be surprised if they also did variants in the middle of changing form, or maybe ones with more exaggerated features too!

Pictures of an updated Ninjago: Visual Dictionary are circulating the web. Thrilled to see they’re updating the book, as the last one only goes up to Rebooted.

I guess this also means speculation on who the new exclusive minifigure is. Judging by the green energy around the slot, I’d say that its a Lloyd variant.

(I wasn’t sure if I was allowed to share the cover on here, but you shouldn’t have much trouble finding it, its around the usual places)

On 12/3/2018 at 11:05 AM, Feng-huang0296 said:

I don't see a dragon there. I'm looking at the prominent fangs and thinking Great Devourer. 

Also, is there a limit to the colours that can be put on stickers? The Preeminent should really be green, not red. 

We've got new pictures of the Monastery stickers and there is one with the Overlord Dragon, Garmadon and the Great Devourer. That means the one on top of iron doom is something else...

Now that I have seen the other stickers, I think it might be First Bourne.

1 hour ago, Dr.Cogg said:

Now that I have seen the other stickers, I think it might be First Bourne.

Yeah, I can see that... If the black things on top of it's head are the huge horns that she has then it's definitely her!

Also, the stickers have the Finale of each season in order of appearance, I didn't see that before:

Sticker 1: Pilot - Tornado of Creation, S1 - Garmadon vs. Great Devourer, S2 - Lloyd's Golden Dragon vs Overlord Dragon

Sticker 2: S3 - The Golden Master vs Zane

Sticker 3: S4 - Chen and his Anacondrai Army

Sticker 5: S5 - Preeminent, S6 - Nadakhan, S7 - Iron Doom, S8 - Oni Mask of Vengeance (ok, this one was seen in the third-to-last ep of SOG but it brought back G who was in the finale :D), S9 - Firstbourne

1 hour ago, 0Marty0 said:

Yeah, I can see that... If the black things on top of it's head are the huge horns that she has then it's definitely her!

Also, the stickers have the Finale of each season in order of appearance, I didn't see that before:

Sticker 1: Pilot - Tornado of Creation, S1 - Garmadon vs. Great Devourer, S2 - Lloyd's Golden Dragon vs Overlord Dragon

Sticker 2: S3 - The Golden Master vs Zane

Sticker 3: S4 - Chen and his Anacondrai Army

Sticker 5: S5 - Preeminent, S6 - Nadakhan, S7 - Iron Doom, S8 - Oni Mask of Vengeance (ok, this one was seen in the third-to-last ep of SOG but it brought back G who was in the finale :D), S9 - Firstbourne

Neat observations! Nice that even if the actual sets are recreating stuff that originated in Seasons 1 and 2 they're willing to pull inspiration from later seasons too.

Edited by Aanchir

Just a quick heads-up.  A reviewer on YouTube has reviews up of the Golden Dragon and Monastery sets and one of the spinner sets (just search "Lego Ninjago Legacy Set") if anyone wants to check them out - I'd link to them here but I'm not sure if that is allowed?  The reviewer is based in Canada and said that he purchased the sets at Toys R Us.  So, the sets are out at retail, in Canada at least.

Edited by TPLSTER21
Minor grammar fix and clarification.

8 hours ago, TPLSTER21 said:

Just a quick heads-up.  A reviewer on YouTube has reviews up of the Golden Dragon and Monastery sets and one of the spinner sets (just search "Lego Ninjago Legacy Set") if anyone wants to check them out - I'd link to them here but I'm not sure if that is allowed?  The reviewer is based in Canada and said that he purchased the sets at Toys R Us.  So, the sets are out at retail, in Canada at least.

So basically, if anyone complains about people purchasing these pre-release... 

Blame Canada.

Edited by GrandDukeofKumquats
They're not a real country anyway.