Those stud shooters on the sides of the dragon’s heads are just ugly they kinda ruin the look to me but other than that I love this set it looks fantastic. One real quick goof I guess is that the ice dragon and fire dragon heads r not on the correct sides they are supposed to be swapped from where they are now

9 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I dont like how each head has stud shooters attached to the side...

Just now, Sr1847 said:

Those stud shooters on the sides of the dragon’s heads are just ugly they kinda ruin the look to me but other than that I love this set it looks fantastic. One real quick goof I guess is that the ice dragon and fire dragon heads r not on the correct sides they are supposed to be swapped from where they are now

Concerned about these myself, but at a glance, these issues look really easy to remedy.

I wasn't expecting to be impressed by the Ultra Dragon but after taking a look, holy! I am STOKED! Man, it really seems much bigger than it's predecessor. An interesting and awesome update. The second thing that came to my head is, funnily, I wonder what's will happen if the Morro dragon dare take on this behemoth of a dragon.

Edited by JJ Tong (zfogshooterz)

2 hours ago, Sr1847 said:

Those stud shooters on the sides of the dragon’s heads are just ugly they kinda ruin the look

Easy fix tho.

I might as well give my thoughts now that most of the sets have been revealed.

I really like most of these, the only one I'm thinking of passing on right now is the Blade Cycle and Snowmobile set. Spinners haven't really been an interest of mine recently, but I may get the Lloyd and Garmadon one just to try them out.

Samurai Mech: Very cute redesign, I would love to see more mechs done at this scale. Minifigs are great aswell, although I wish the skeleton boot piece could have been used for Kruncha and Nuckal.

Golden Dragon: As someone who hates the old 2 piece heads, I think that the new head is a good improvement as it feels to scale with the rest of the dragon, which looks decent. The minifigs are the stand outs here. I've always liked the designs of the stone warriors and the new Overlord figure is fantastic.

Storm Fighter: I never bought the original, and this looks like a big step up. It is a lot more substantial in my opinion. 

Earth Driller: Similar to the storm fighter, I think that the new driller has much more substance to it than the original, and it's great to finally get the giant stone warrior. (Interesting that they put Kozu on the box for the 'featured in season 2' logo, but he doesn't appear in either season 2 set).

Monastery: Good to see that this version actually looks like how it does in the show, a pretty good set overall. (I wonder if the chicken is some sort of reference to The Master short?)

Ultra Dragon: Looks a bit messy on the box, but looking more closely I think it's definitely still an improvement over the original. I don't really mind that some of the figures are repeats of other sets.

An interesting wave overall, since it is becoming apparent that these sets aren't tied to the current story (well, at least not directly), I wonder if we could see more legacy sets in the future, especially since theses are only based off the first two seasons. I could see one or two legacy sets released along side the sets of future waves, for instance.  That being said, I'm curious a to when we will get sets for the TV movie, since it is being released in the first half of the year, and the second half of the year sets will probably be season 10.

23 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I dont like how each head has stud shooters attached to the side...

Mixed feelings on that myself, but overall I think it's preferable to the original giant ball shooter in two of the mouths which impedes jaw articulation. I also like that the elemental breath attacks (represented by both the stud shooters and the transparent 2x2 skid plates/boat studs inside the mouths) are now color coded to the elements of each head rather than a uniform Transparent Bright Green. Besides giving the heads more distinctiveness and feeling more authentic to the Ultra Dragon's powers, it also means the dragon breath stands out better from the Transparent Bright Green ammo the Serpentine ballista is firing.

17 hours ago, Maartenh said:

I'm happy with the way this looks, hoping the price in Euro's will not be too far away from the Dollar price. Kind of disappointed with the lack of exclusive minifigs in this though, was hoping for some more of the Serpentine like Skales or Acidicus and would have loved a Samukai remake even though it would not have made much sense in this set. 

I get the feeling that LEGO made a purposeful attempt not to include too many minifigures from any one faction on account of how many different enemy factions and characters would be appearing in this one wave: the Overlord, Lord Garmadon, three Stone Army baddies (Scout, Soldier, and Warrior), three Serpentine baddies (Lasha, Spitta, and Pythor), and three Skulkin baddies (Nuckal, Kruncha, and Wyplash).

I also wouldn't be surprised if the choice of Pythor and two Venomari Serpentine is because they match the colors of the 2012 vehicles, which were not re-imagined for this wave but played a really defining role in the overall design language of the 2012 sets. This color coding would also perhaps at least partly explain why purple snake elements appear on the re-imagined Serpentine battlements and shrines even though most of the ones in the 2012 sets used only Warm Gold or Sand Yellow/Dark Tan snake motifs (the only one that DID use purple snake motifs ornamentally, was the Ninjago Character Card Shrine).

Ok, I'm intrigued by this Dragon. Looks a bit cluttered, but impressive either way! I can see myself picking this up with the spinners and Golden Dragon. 

Also, the Ultra Dragon does come with Pythor! Guess I can skip the Storm Fighter. 

16 hours ago, ninjagoyax555 said:

the ultra dragon heads looks like the hunted dragons head 

And I likey.

Edited by GrandDukeofKumquats

21 hours ago, ninjagoyax555 said:

the ultra dragon heads looks like the hunted dragons head 

They do indeed. Lightning and Earth heads of this dragon look more like Stormbringer and Slab than Wisp and Rocky. There’s talks online that this Ultra Dragon is actually the four dragons the ninja ride in the last episode of Hunted merged into one, possibly explaining it’s story relevance. I don’t exactly trust the credibility of this statement, but they and you might be on to something.  

Edited by Tobias_Jay

If it does have story relevance in some way, I.. gotta question the logic of killing off the original Ultra Dragon only to replace it with a new one that the Ninja have little to no connection to. 

I feel like the similarities between the Season 9 dragons and the heads of the new Ultra Dragon head are rather tenuous besides some shared parts and techniques, which is probably to be expected when updating from samey head molds to more varied heads based on modern design standards. Like, the only similarities between the earth head and Slab that they have printed eyes and use the same rocky detail piece, which can be said for ALL of the new Ultra Dragon heads. Likewise, the similarities between Stormbringer and Just about every other distinguishing feature is different — Slab didn't have horns/antlers on the front of its face, and the new Ultra Dragon's earth head doesn't have the big pointed teeth on its lower jaw or blades on the side of its face.

Ninjago sets are confirmed to be coming to the us in January as the January calander has been leaked and on the back you can see an ad for Cole’s earth driller

51 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Ninjago sets are confirmed to be coming to the us in January as the January calander has been leaked and on the back you can see an ad for Cole’s earth driller

This is gonna be an expensive January for us all :grin:

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Also they just put up an ad for them on the Ninjago Facebook page.

Looking at that as they put up for the Legacy sets on the Ninjago Facebook Page, when it shows the Earth Driller it shows that you can activate the drill manually and by pushing it great move by Lego if you ask me

Wow oh freaking wow...what a beautiful wave. I just got out all my old sets to compare and man on man do these new ones look so much better...even the Ultra Dragon...@Just2Good...you’re right...it’s gonna be an expensive New Year...

I love the fact that the ninjago weapon pack is being re used in “Warm Gold” especially in the cheapest set, the set I’m going to buy first.

Actually the stickers were not leaked, someone bought it at a Toysrus that was selling it early. The only villain I can't tell who it is, is the Dragon above Iron Doom.

Edited by Dr.Cogg

7 hours ago, Dr.Cogg said:

Actually the stickers were not leaked, someone bought it at a Toysrus that was selling it early.

Still before the official release, so it's close to a leak.

7 hours ago, Dr.Cogg said:

The only villain I can't tell who it is, is the Dragon above Iron Doom.

Yeah, no idea who that is. Any ideas, people?

54 minutes ago, GrandDukeofKumquats said:

Still before the official release, so it's close to a leak.

Yeah, no idea who that is. Any ideas, people?

I don't see a dragon there. I'm looking at the prominent fangs and thinking Great Devourer. 

Also, is there a limit to the colours that can be put on stickers? The Preeminent should really be green, not red. 

1 hour ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

I don't see a dragon there. I'm looking at the prominent fangs and thinking Great Devourer. 

Took a look again and seeing the top "flaps", yeah, it does checks out with it's counterpart from 7450 Epic Dragon Battle Set. However, I'm not sure on how the "fangs" tell that as it's angled in a way that it look like a boar. At least in my eyes.

1 hour ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Also, is there a limit to the colours that can be put on stickers? The Preeminent should really be green, not red. 

Also, there should be some purple to the Overlord and Chen too if there is more colors.

Edited by JJ Tong (zfogshooterz)

9 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

There's no limit, to my knowledge. It's probably a stylistic decision. Looks like the mural is done in the style of the "Long before time had a name" flashbacks.

If there were to be a Legacy wave every year, I wonder if that would mean a special (because of lack of new material) and a single season every year, too.