5 minutes ago, GrandDukeofKumquats said:

From what we've seen, it looks like the figs in the main sets will have blank headbands, while the spinner images imply that they will have the LNM ninja symbols printed on them.

If your talking about the preliminary art of Kai for the Spinner ads that isn’t the suit because it’s a version of his Hunted suit without the chainmail part of it on. In the actual images of the spinners they show the new suits for this new wave

3 hours ago, Sr1847 said:

If your talking about the preliminary art of Kai for the Spinner ads that isn’t the suit because it’s a version of his Hunted suit without the chainmail part of it on.

Never mind. I rechecked the image and it is definitely the Hunted suit. Sorry for the fuss.

Edited by GrandDukeofKumquats
Bad memory. Sorry.

1 hour ago, Lordofdragonss said:

I have no idea how those spinners will spin. They are so top heavy.

Maybe there is a built-in counterweight at the centre?

Or maybe they are just meant to aimlessly flail around and then fall.

5 hours ago, Lordofdragonss said:

I have no idea how those spinners will spin. They are so top heavy.

I mean, a lot of traditional spinning tops have an upside down cone shape like this. What’s really important is that the weight be concentrated near the perimeter rather than the center so that the centrifugal force keeps it upright.

1 hour ago, Takanuinuva said:

I haven't seen the new spinners. Do they have a ripcord like the SOG Spinners or are they manual like the 2011/2012 spinners?

Manual, presumably. The spinners look like tornadoes, and have weapon attachments near the top, so very top heavy, but definitely no ripcord.

I love how the backs of the boxes show scenes from the TV show - it really feels like they’re making this wave with a lot of love and respect for what came before. After seeing the clear photos, Jay’s Storm Fighter is a clear and huge improvement - in fact, most of them are, save the Samurai Mech, which I’m still really disappointed in. I understand how it’s now to-scale with the show, but I feel like this model really fails to capture the shape of the original mech from the show, something ironically the scale model used in the Dimensions video game actually succeeded at.

51 minutes ago, legozebra said:

I love how the backs of the boxes show scenes from the TV show - it really feels like they’re making this wave with a lot of love and respect for what came before. 

Are these images from the usual place? Cuz I can only find the front of the Monastery.

Never mind, found them. And I'm in love.

Edited by GrandDukeofKumquats
I'm dumb. S'cuse me

16 minutes ago, Brickwraith said:

Is the Ultra Dragon coming at all? Cause it's not with any of the rest of the images

Probably a retailer exclusive, hence why it’s not in the catalogue. There’s usually one or two every wave.

Well, I’m in love. These sets look incredible! I appreciate that they evidently took inspiration for the redesigns from the cartoon, they look different enough from the originals that it feels like these redesigns weren’t just rereleasing the sets we’ve already seen, which I was afraid of. The Samurai Mech might need some modding but otherwise I’m more than pleased. I’m also very interested in these little ‘spinner-tools’ that you can see in the Monastery and the little Training set. They look like a way of incorporating controlled spinner battling into play. Looks like a bit of fun. 

I’d say that Ultra Dragon is a store exclusive somewhere, so we may need to wait a little longer for that one. 

6 minutes ago, legozebra said:

Probably a retailer exclusive, hence why it’s not in the catalogue. There’s usually one or two every wave.

Thanks!

I love the sets overall, I don't think there is a single one I'm not going to pick up. The samurai mech itself  isn't the greatest but I love the skeletons, so i'm getting it anyway, why don't they have boots though? at least that's an easy problem to fix.

The Ultra Dragon is a Target exclusive for those wondering, Ninja Whip said it on video that I have linked below 

Edited by Sr1847

Wow, I guess I'll have to add the Storm Glider to list of Improved sets. That jet did really get an insane upgrade! I'm kinda being torn apart now with all the amazing sets being leaked. 

Edited by JJ Tong (zfogshooterz)

I heard the Fire Temple remake was cancelled. Is that true?

And regarding the sets. I hope the Nya in the Nya and Wu Spinjitzu set is the same one in the Monastery training and Monastery sets. Just so there is one less Nya I have to get. And I can just get the Samurai Mech and Nya and Wu Spinjitzu sets.

Though did they have to scale down the Mech that much?

2 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

And regarding the sets. I hope the Nya in the Nya and Wu Spinjitzu set is the same one in the Monastery training and Monastery sets. Just so there is one less Nya I have to get. And I can just get the Samurai Mech and Nya and Wu Spinjitzu sets.

It is.

Edited by GarmaFan

3 hours ago, Sr1847 said:

The Ultra Dragon is a Target exclusive for those wondering, Ninja Whip said it on video that I have linked below.

I hope Pythor comes in that. While it looks good, I'm not thinking of buying the Storm Fighter, as that would necessitate buying all of the other ninja vehicles, and that would leave little room for Overwatch, Marvel, JW/P, City and TLM2:TSP. He was in the original set, and exclusives tend to have repeats/variants, so it would be logical. Also, Pythor is Ninjago's second most popular villain.

Dear god. Those remakes of Nuckal and Kruncha look so ugly. I think I'll stick to the original, preserved 2011 versions I still have. 

I'm digging the new Stone Army shoulder pads, though. And the Kai/Zane bikes look better than I expected. 

The Giant Stone Warrior, though . . it's actually disappointingly plain. I appreciate the brick-built texturing, but if wasn't worth sacrificing all the little details, particularly the signature white/silver lines. I think that set just got downgraded from 'probably-buy' to 'get on discount'. 

Can't wait to see the Ultra Dragon. 

I was planning to get just the Spinners, but after seeing the weapon training room set, I may forgo the Kai and Nya ones for that instead. Love seeing them use the Summer 2018 weapons again, especially in gold.

Um, I caved and went and looked.

I like the skeletons, but a lot of the sets are not hitting my list of GET IT, they're certainly on my radar for random discount purchases (Supermarket chains and their unusual price drops FTW). I do like some of the designs though, so it may end up being a case of taking a look at the sets in person and then deciding.