11 hours ago, Sr1847 said:

This definitely gives hope that The Ninjago Movie characters aren’t done in the Lego Movie franchise

That's how they'll get rid of Sweet Mayhem, they'll set Meowthra on her! :tongue:

Gotta say, I’m a bit disappointed with the redesigns. The Samurai Mech is almost unrecognizable and there doesn’t seem to be significant improvements to Cole’s Earth Driller (although I will say using a larger canopy is cool). The bikes are nice, though, and the Monastery looks amazing. Jay’s jet is partially obscured but the back looks good; it’s just the nose that looks really off somehow.

Edited by legozebra

I almost fell down from my seat when I saw the prelims-- the Monastery is fantastic!

I have to say, I am pretty disapointed with the new sets. Lloyd's Dragon is super small and will probably be expensive because of the minifigures. Coles Earth Driller looks fine but the Gian Stone Warrior looks like a custom creation (at least from what we can see). Storm Fighter should have been longer and less bulky. It doesn't look like a 40 dollar builld. Kai and Zane's bikes look nice but from the size you can say that they may cost more than 30 bucks. Samurai Mech looks weird. I can't say much about it only from this picture. The Monastery is great! Definately the best set in the wave. The minifigures also look bad so this is probably going to be one of the worst Ninjago set waves :(

All of these look great! I’m surprised at how good the monastery looks, and that it comes with all the ninja too! But, where is the ultra dragon? I was looking forward to seeing how they would redesign it, but it’s not here at all. Also, slightly disappointed they are going back to the molded heads for the golden dragon. I guess that means the ultra dragon will too, but hopefully not all the dragons after this. 

Just now, NetherCreeper said:

All of these look great! I’m surprised at how good the monastery looks, and that it comes with all the ninja too! But, where is the ultra dragon? I was looking forward to seeing how they would redesign it, but it’s not here at all. Also, slightly disappointed they are going back to the molded heads for the golden dragon. I guess that means the ultra dragon will too, but hopefully not all the dragons after this. 

I don't really think the ultra dragon will have moulded head because of the leaked eye piece. Except if this piece is for another theme.

I just took a look at them. I'm blown off by the Monastery too. The old monastery was never striking to me to begin with. (Though, I would still grab the old version when I want to start a collection of the '11 Ninjago sets. I'm a series completionist type :wink:) Also I'm digging the new version of the Earth Driller, it's really nice that the Giant Stone Warrior (in good scale!) is included too. Really nice indeed. Both sets are definitely major improvements.

As for the rest, I'll be honest, I'm not that impressed with them either. I normally prefer series that gives something new rather than throwbacks. Personally it makes it hard for me to categorize them despite being called legacy, probably the OCD in me or something. Well, unless, it's something to do with the upcoming installments/seasons, where this wave and the next wave would meld in a way like how S.O.G. and Hunted did (I do really wish that would be the case as that would tantalize me more to grab them but if it isn't, oh well). 

And finally, I definitely love the minifigures! They're the stuff that really stand out other than the two sets in my eyes.

Edited by JJ Tong (zfogshooterz)

These are all pretty much what I expected- EXCEPT FOR THE MONASTERY WHICH IS DOPE AS F***!

EDIT: Just noticed the huge figure in the Driller set- is that a Stone Warrior? The Overlord? I'm sorta mixed up on the lore. But that explains the price. Also kind disappointing that they decided to go with molds for the dragon heads, but that's the beauty of LEGO, we can always build them ourselves.

Edited by Alegrispa

17 minutes ago, Alegrispa said:

EDIT: Just noticed the huge figure in the Driller set- is that a Stone Warrior? The Overlord? I'm sorta mixed up on the lore. But that explains the price.

Yeah, that looks to be the Giant Stone Warrior that the ninja faced at the museum from episode 20.

Am I crazy or does it look like the figure in the tiny dragon set has three torsos/6 arms? Maybe just a prelim bug?

And what's with that weird head-mold in the bike set? I don't recognize it.

Also, it's neat to see them bring back the four golden weapons. Seems they're finally reusing the Dragon Sword:

Image via Brickset

And the new dragon hilt for the Nun-Chucks and maybe for the Scythe, but it's hard to make out (and while it makes the more accurate for the show, both would have the dragon facing the wrong way)

eb74c9a7891486d43d7bb24e1ee0e919.jpg

Image via rebrickable

latest?cb=20160202021148

Image via NinjagoWiki

Edited by Alegrispa

2 minutes ago, Alegrispa said:

Am I crazy or does it look like the figure in the tiny dragon set has three torsos/6 arms? Maybe just a prelim bug?

By golly! You're right. That fella (looks to be Lord Garmadon) is a tad too tall for a regular four-armed minifig indeed. Guess maybe we would find out more about that when more leaks surfaces or when the actual reveals starts happening. (Though the former seems more likely.)

So we might finally have an answer on how these sets connect to the show. Instagram user "nexoknightsclayfan123" (ugh) posted something about 4 specials, one of them focusing on Kay, so the other three must be about Zane, Cole and Jay.

Either these episodes tell stories from the time they still used these vehicles, or they're confronting the their past somehow.

I just realized I might've read something like that in this thread before- please tell me if this is old news.

Edited by Alegrispa

1 hour ago, Alegrispa said:

So we might finally have an answer on how these sets connect to the show. Instagram user "nexoknightsclayfan123" (ugh) posted something about 4 specials, one of them focusing on Kay, so the other three must be about Zane, Cole and Jay.

That's just wrong wording.

I don't know if I'd trust any show leaks yet. And uh, looking at that particular poster the only thing they say is that it's a Kai special.. because his face is on the box-art. Yeah. No one knows anything yet. Exact same thing as RandomGuy#2451 saying it's definitely about time travel.

Also is it just me, or is one box Kai, and the second a red Lloyd?

Edited by GarmaFan

The sets look good and I like how they are redone, except the golden dragon that is awful looks way too small for how big the old one is, the samurai mech is very small compared to the old one but it has a lot of detail and that monetary though:wub::wub::wub: but, I will say the nunchucks of lighting and the Scythe of Quake builds are horrible guess I’ll be sticking to the old ones.

These sets all look pretty nice. Must-buys for me are the Monastery (because OMG that place is beautiful!) and the Storm Fighter. (More because there's FINALLY a Pythor in an affordable set than anything.) Probably the Golden Dragon set too, if only for the minifigs, and the Earth Driller if it's in the budget. (Though between Overwatch and TLM2 it might not be!)

I'n curious about what's going on with the Blade Cycle/Snowmobie sets, though, since there seems to be some street scenery around too . . it almost looks like S.O.G. stuff. 

I’m worried people will write the blade cycle and snowmobile set as another double bike set because while it is that, it’s a remake of two old vehicles that look good now and back when they were on shelves

I have pretty mixed feelings with this wave. The Golden Dragon looks paltry, but at least it'll be cheap. Samurai mech is fine, but a far cry from the old one. The Storm fighter is reasonable (aside from the bulky nose), The Blade Cycle/Snowmobile look cool enough, but not a must-buy, and the Earth Driller looks too similar too the original, but the Giant Stone Warrior looks interesting. However, the Monastery looks sweet! If I had enough space/budget for it, I'd get it. Also, the Spinjitzu packs look like actual tornadoes this time around, and I will be getting those. But I do wonder what happened to that new Ultra Dragon... 

I may change my judgements once I see the final images and minifigure distribution, cuz preliminaries aren't all that great for judging.

Earth Driller and the Monastery are the only ones which feels like real upgrades from the original, maybe the storm fighter to. Everything else looks worse or on par with the original.  

1 hour ago, KaiNinjaOfFire said:

Earth Driller and the Monastery are the only ones which feels like real upgrades from the original, maybe the storm fighter to. Everything else looks worse or on par with the original.  

Yeah, well, not everyone has the original. So as far as the Golden Dragon and possibly the Samurai X mech go, I'll settle for the remakes. 

Also, has everyone seen the new Golden Ninja minifig? It's beautiful. I love it!

1 hour ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Yeah, well, not everyone has the original. So as far as the Golden Dragon and possibly the Samurai X mech go, I'll settle for the remakes. 

Also, has everyone seen the new Golden Ninja minifig? It's beautiful. I love it!

I don't have the original for some of these either, the problem for me is you have an opportunity to take something which people already liked and do it better, but in a lot of cases they didn't (Samurai Mech is an extreme example). I wouldn't say any of the sets are bad though, but they aren't as good as we know they can be which is kinda frustrating.