That was rumored to happen in season 8 and 9, but it never did.

1 hour ago, ninjagoyax555 said:

ninjawhip said one ninja will die not sure if this true?

That wasn't exactly from an insider source, Tommy Andreasen said something that implied it on Twitter.

And even then, "fall" can mean a lot of things.

12 minutes ago, Dr.Cogg said:

That was rumored to happen in season 8 and 9, but it never did.

People think one of the Ninja is going to die every season. I think it's pretty clear at this point they're never going to permanently kill off one of the main characters.

1 hour ago, Takanuinuva said:

To be fair. Zane technically died in rebooted.

And his return was clear within minutes.

4 hours ago, GarmaFan said:

And his return was clear within minutes.

and yet still I feel the urge to defend the Ninjago deaths. Sure they cheat, like most TV shows. But unlike an Avengers movie, where 8 characters die - and they are already advertising the next movies, of these actors - I feel like they handle it in a good way with Ninjago. Zane's death was incredibly emotional - you wouldn't expect this from an animated series about toy Ninjas. Garmadon basically died like 5 times (takeover by Overlord, Overlord death, bann into the cursed realm and his final  goodbye - destruction of the cursed realm). And still, bringing evil Garmy back, doesn't spoil the emotion for me, when rewatching his previous demises.

Zane's memory flashback also misleads you to think he is dead. Knowing he didn't die at all, doesn't bother the emotional impact the flashback has on me every time. Sure it's not the same as Game of Thrones or Attack on Titan - but for a tv show about toy Ninjas, they handle it damn well & don't shy away from very sad scenes. Not just it's style, but also it's spirit is very much inspired by far east Asian mythology and philosophy.

2 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

and yet still I feel the urge to defend the Ninjago deaths. Sure they cheat, like most TV shows. But unlike an Avengers movie, where 8 characters die - and they are already advertising the next movies, of these actors - I feel like they handle it in a good way with Ninjago. Zane's death was incredibly emotional - you wouldn't expect this from an animated series about toy Ninjas. Garmadon basically died like 5 times (takeover by Overlord, Overlord death, bann into the cursed realm and his final  goodbye - destruction of the cursed realm). And still, bringing evil Garmy back, doesn't spoil the emotion for me, when rewatching his previous demises.

Zane's memory flashback also misleads you to think he is dead. Knowing he didn't die at all, doesn't bother the emotional impact the flashback has on me every time. Sure it's not the same as Game of Thrones or Attack on Titan - but for a tv show about toy Ninjas, they handle it damn well & don't shy away from very sad scenes. Not just it's style, but also it's spirit is very much inspired by far east Asian mythology and philosophy.

It's not that I don't think the deaths are impactful when they happen, it's just that if the characters are definitely going to come back they aren't as big a deal as a lot of fans make them. ..maybe even somewhat emotionally exploitative for the less genre-savvy 

33 minutes ago, GarmaFan said:

It's not that I don't think the deaths are impactful when they happen, it's just that if the characters are definitely going to come back they aren't as big a deal as a lot of fans make them. ..maybe even somewhat emotionally exploitative for the less genre-savvy 

Remember guys, this is a set discussion. We can't go too far off topic.

Besides, the new Jay and Spitta just leaked. Jay looks a bit like his Rebooted suit (which I like quite a bit) and Spitta, aside from the head, has had a complete overhaul.

Edited by GrandDukeofKumquats

I think what makes deaths meaningful in Ninjago is less about their impact on us, the fans, and more about their impact on the characters. Most of the time, they have no way of knowing whether their friends and loved ones are going to come back, let alone knowing whether they will somehow come back from life-threatening situations they find themselves in. What's more, even when characters come back from the dead, it's not necessarily without a price… as was particularly apparent with Garmadon's most recent resurrection.

Even from year one of Ninjago, it's been obvious that death in Ninjago isn't as permanent as it is in real life, based solely on the existence of an Underworld populated by undead skeletons. As the show has gone on we've seen more and more ways that death is not anywhere near as inescapable or permanent as it would be in a more realistic setting, from various forms of reality warping (the Mega-Weapon in Season 2, the Cloud Kingdom in Season 5, Djinn in Season 6) to time manipulation (the Mega-Weapon in Season 2, the Time Blades in Season 7) to realms representing other types of "afterlife" (the Cursed Realm in Season 5, the Departed Realm in Day of the Departed).

I agree, though, that a lot of fans get WAY too hung up on character deaths, as I think has been particularly apparent with the level of urgency in Twitter debates over

whether Harumi will/won't or should/shouldn't come back to life.

I think it would be a lot healthier if fans would let the story happen at its own pace and understand that particularly in a show like this with long hiatuses between seasons, the long-term outcomes of a character death won't necessarily be spelled out right away, and that even the writers can't necessarily anticipate what types of scenarios might arise in the future where bringing a character back from the dead will make sense for the story.

Back on the topic of sets, the new Ninjago minifigures look pretty neat! The emphasis on the dragon motifs reminds me of the DX costumes but not anywhere near as plain or "samey" as those were (even for their time, it was strange how little texture those outfits had compared to the ninja's normal suits). It's nice to see dragons as such a prominent motif since I don't think they have been on any of the post-DX ninja suits. My feelings about the new headgear are mixed, but aesthetically I don't have any problems with it. I'm also pleased with the new Samurai X figure bringing back Nya's phoenix emblem, since it's the first indication we've seen all year that LEGO hasn't decided to completely do away with the animal emblems that the Ninjago characters had on so many of their suits prior to the movie.

To be honest, I don't care too much what the significance of the new suits is in the story. For all we know they might not even appear in the show. There's certainly been no shortage of examples of that before: Lloyd DX, Tournament Zane, the Samurai X Phoenix Suit (which, to me, seems almost like an attempt to make up for the lack of a 2013 Nya fig), the Airjitzu suits, the Spinjitzu Masters suits, the Dragon Master suits… even Sensei Wu's outfit from the 2012 and 2013 sets. But if the new outfits do show up in the new episodes of the show (which, outside of the possibility of another costume change in the sets that takes priority over these, they probably will), it won't necessarily be in the same context as in the sets.

Spitta looks great. Gives me a bit of nostalgia. All the ninja suits look amazing, particularly the dragon motif.

No more Kai and Nya parallels with their suits huh?

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

We don't know yet, but my bet is on Jay's Storm Fighter.

I thought lasha is and my hope that spitta could be with that kai bike and zane snowmobile 

when we get the ice building set images ?

On 10/21/2018 at 3:41 AM, ninjagoyax555 said:

ninjawhip said one ninja will die not sure if this true?

Eh. Ninjas have died before. Technically speaking, Sensei Wu's been undead since the first season - remember when he went over that lava-fall in the Fire Temple to get to the Underworld? Well, either that cave in the Fire Temple is actually a magical portal that for some reason the Ninja couldn't use . . or he committed suicide to get to the Underworld. 

Also, Zane, Cole and Nya have all been killed at various points. Not to mention Dr. Julian, who enjoyed death so much he did it twice. At this point dying is trendy. 

13 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:
On 10/20/2018 at 12:41 PM, ninjagoyax555 said:

Eh. Ninjas have died before. Technically speaking, Sensei Wu's been undead since the first season - remember when he went over that lava-fall in the Fire Temple to get to the Underworld? Well, either that cave in the Fire Temple is actually a magical portal that for some reason the Ninja couldn't use . . or he committed suicide to get to the Underworld. 

There was a short about there being an entrance to the Underworld there, "Return to the Fire Temple". Why they didn't use that, well.. hey, no one said Ninjago was perfect.

Hoping sets start to leak sooner or later.

Edited by GarmaFan

I really hope they will re-release Fang-Suei or any of the other fangpyres, they are the only serpentine missing in my collection. I got late in to ninjago and I wanted to have at least one member of each serpentine tribe and the fangpyres are the ones that I am missing. 

23 hours ago, GarmaFan said:

Hoping sets start to leak sooner or later.

Same, I want to know what to expect so I can stop hoping for characters if they aren't coming. With Figures leaking one at a time it keeps getting my hopes up for Samukai, but I just want a final answer on if he's coming or not so I can enjoy what is actually coming.

48 minutes ago, ninjagoyax555 said:

I think we going to see more HD  images from other themes soon 

"It's the most wonderful time of the yeaarr... when the December/January waves are revealed..!"

Just now, GrandDukeofKumquats said:

"It's the most wonderful time of the yeaarr... when the December/January waves are revealed..!"

Naah. The most wonderful time of the year, is when they are released. 

Saw a golden statue.. what are the odds it's actually missing a golden version of Cyrus Borg's hairpiece?

Edited by GarmaFan