On 9/1/2018 at 1:37 PM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Brick Show confirmed it 4 days ago.

That is incorrect; The Brick Show does not have the authority to "confirm" anything. You simply witnessed their clumsy mistake of leaving the word "rumored" off of the entry for 70680 on their 1HY list. :P

As it runs, in all seriousness, I would not put any more authoritative confidence in The Brick Show than I would be willing to place in any vocal member of this site. They're sourcing their lists and "articles" from folks who operate off of forums like these, and while a number of folks have alleged that 70680 will be the Fire Temple, such a belief remains nothing more than the popular opinion of the user base here on EB; a user base that, while often accurate in its analysis of which rumors are veritable and which are not, is still simply the sum total of the aggregate opinions of random persons. My intuition suggests that 70680 is set to be the Fire Temple, but I have no way of proving that and no evidence to suggest such a neat solution to the mystery that we're faced with here, so I have to be operating off of the remainder of our deductive sources, and there aren't many of them in September. :P

As it runs, folks can continue to/attempt to continue to allege whatever they'd like, but it would be nice if we could draw a fine line here on EB to demarcate the informed speculation of lone individuals who assert their potential for fallibility, and the ennervating, more unpredictable "mob mentality" of the rumor mill. I have, for my own part, alleged many things that turned out to be misguided assumptions, so I realize that this is certainly not a perfect science.

Long post, folks, and I apologize in advance, but I wanted to get my thoughts out on this one. I think that we're still in relevant territory here. :)

Edited by Azani

5 minutes ago, Azani said:

That is incorrect; The Brick Show does not have the authority to "confirm" anything. You simply witnessed their clumsy mistake of leaving the word "rumored" off of the entry for 70680 on their 1HY list. :P

As it runs, in all seriousness, I would not put any more authoritative confidence in The Brick Show than I would be willing to place in any vocal member of this site. They're sourcing their lists and "articles" from folks who operate off of forums like these, and while a number of folks have alleged that 70680 will be the Fire Temple, such a belief remains nothing more than the popular opinion of the user base here on EB; a user base that, while often accurate in its analysis of which rumors are veritable and which are not, is still simply the sum total of the aggregate opinions of random persons. My intuition suggests that 70680 is set to be the Fire Temple, but I have no way of proving that and no evidence to suggest such a operating re   alleglone a hav elleged assumption re

No

I agree with this, but what's going on at the end of your post? :laugh:

On 9/2/2018 at 8:53 PM, BrickJagger said:

I agree with this, but what's going on at the end of your post? :laugh:

Aw, y'know, man, that was a crazy mistake on my end; it seems that my keyboard glitched out and I had failed to nab it in the rush. No, I'm alright; thanks for mentioning this one, dude; I appreciate it quite a bit. :P

So according to TLGs revenue report for the first half of 2018 their "Top Performing Themes" are Technic, Ninjago, Classic and Creator.

Safe to say Ninjago isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

37 minutes ago, Alegrispa said:

So according to TLGs revenue report for the first half of 2018 their "Top Performing Themes" are Technic, Ninjago, Classic and Creator.

Safe to say Ninjago isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

It's really interesting too. Technic, though strong as it is, was most definitely bolstered by Bugatti hype (it's a good thing). Classic also includes Building Bigger Thinking on the LEGO Shop website, so I'd assume that they'd share earnings as well. Creator includes Expert as well, and would imagine they're tied together too.

That would mean that, with ordinary releases, and without a movie to back it, NINJAGO earned that spot all on it's own. Meaning it beat Star Wars and City to the punch. I dare say, that's unheard of, and quite promising, as well.

Edited by Penkid11

9 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

NINJAGO earned that spot all on it's own. Meaning it beat Star Wars and City to the punch

When I viewed the 1st half 2018 earnings report, I was stunned when I didn't find Star Wars and City -- but then NINJAGO is high there.

Great times to be a NINJAGO fan!

56 minutes ago, makoy said:

When I viewed the 1st half 2018 earnings report, I was stunned when I didn't find Star Wars and City -- but then NINJAGO is high there.

Great times to be a NINJAGO fan!

Disney has huge problems with SW merch - they sell loads of course, but on the toy market it's far less successful than they would have thought. Though I personally despise the new saga, I rather think the problems are unrealistic expectations they have of younger costumers, for which SW just isn't as popular, as the prequels were to the kids of that time and so on. Lego very passively acknowledged this fact in some statements. The special wording was very obvious communication to business-oriented people I think. I won't go into detail, but there's probably some grudge at TLG about getting ripped off from Disney. For such a big brand however the topic is very sensitive and therefore as a partner, you won't just piss off one of your most important partners - like Disney. They run kind of a "no negativity concept".

Ninjago doesn't get much attention in "adult media", but it seems to be a very stable theme in many regions. I really hope the creators keep the universe running until it becomes a legend!

Edited by Kim-Kwang-Seok

Crazy theory; everyone's complaining about the absence of remaining stuff from Hunted, like Nya's Tank, the other dragons, the other Hunter vehicles . . . what if the 2019 Winter wave includes two or three sets from Hunted with things that wouldn't have otherwise been spoilers? Like, a set of Nya's tank that includes Oni form Mystake (and hopefully a show-accurate Dareth too), a Dragon Hunter Speeder set that includes Faith, and maybe even that Wind Dragon who showed up a couple of times?

9 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Crazy theory; everyone's complaining about the absence of remaining stuff from Hunted, like Nya's Tank, the other dragons, the other Hunter vehicles . . . what if the 2019 Winter wave includes two or three sets from Hunted with things that wouldn't have otherwise been spoilers? Like, a set of Nya's tank that includes Oni form Mystake (and hopefully a show-accurate Dareth too), a Dragon Hunter Speeder set that includes Faith, and maybe even that Wind Dragon who showed up a couple of times?

I feel like we’d have heard of these by now if they were happening, butboy do I hope these are true. Nya’s Tank/Battlewagon in particular seems like prime set material for an App-Controlled set - when I first saw it, the squished size and bulkiness reminded me of the App-Controlled Batmobile and I’m really surprised Lego missed the opportunity to make this one a set.

So I don't really want to divulge my source since it's probably leaked (and too useful a source to risk losing access to if it gets on Lego's radar), but I've got some information about some of next year's Ninjago parts that in turn give some insight into the sets.

• New Spinjitzu sets seem like they'll feature some very cool looking co-injected elemental tornado pieces. Can't tell at this point whether they use the core and launcher of the Spinjitzu Masters/Airjitzu/Dragon Masters sets, but it's plausible. If so, these would function as "rims" for those, but also seem to feature more attachment points than the other rims we've had.
  • The ninja seem to have a new type of mask, one piece with a differently colored headband. All six ninja+Golden Ninja Lloyd are represented.
  • Returning baddies include: Nuckal and Kruncha (who seem to use Wyplash's head, so will be interesting to see what headgear it's paired with), a couple Venomari, the Overlord (who now uses a Trans. Purple/Black ghost trail like several villains from the Possession wave and Movie Garmadon's torso extension), an Anacondrai (probably Pythor?), Stone Warriors (with green and yellow face paint, the Jungle Garmadon hat in red), a GIANT stone warrior (brick-built like Giant-Man and Ares from the Super Heroes theme).
  • The big constraction-like blade from Sons of Garmadon will come in gold in something (probably a Ninjago set).
  • The Earth Driller will use a similar windscreen to the Ultra Stealth Raider.
  • The Ultra Dragon's heads are brick-built, with printed eyes.

That's all for now, but I hope it's enough to foster some more discussion.

Edited by Lyichir

45 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

So I don't really want to divulge my source since it's probably leaked (and too useful a source to risk losing access to if it gets on Lego's radar), but I've got some information about some of next year's Ninjago parts that in turn give some insight into the sets.

• New Spinjitzu sets seem like they'll feature some very cool looking co-injected elemental tornado pieces. Can't tell at this point whether they use the core and launcher of the Spinjitzu Masters/Airjitzu/Dragon Masters sets, but it's plausible. If so, these would function as "rims" for those, but also seem to feature more attachment points than the other rims we've had.
  • The ninja seem to have a new type of mask, one piece with a differently colored headband. All six ninja+Golden Ninja Lloyd are represented.
  • Returning baddies include: Nuckal and Kruncha (who seem to use Wyplash's head, so will be interesting to see what headgear it's paired with), a couple Venomari, the Overlord (who now uses a Trans. Purple/Black ghost trail like several villains from the Possession wave and Movie Garmadon's torso extension), an Anacondrai (probably Pythor?), Stone Warriors (with green and yellow face paint, the Jungle Garmadon hat in red), a GIANT stone warrior (brick-built like Giant-Man and Ares from the Super Heroes theme).
  • The big constraction-like blade from Sons of Garmadon will come in gold in something (probably a Ninjago set).
  • The Earth Driller will use a similar windscreen to the Ultra Stealth Raider.
  • The Ultra Dragon's heads are brick-built, with printed eyes.

That's all for now, but I hope it's enough to foster some more discussion.

Wow thanks so much for the info! I’m curious to see what the new mask piece looks like!

57 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

The Earth Driller will use a similar windscreen to the Ultra Stealth Raider.

The windscreen is just plain-old Trans-Black again, right?

7 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

The windscreen is just plain-old Trans-Black again, right?

Yes, but printed with fissure patterns (hence why I assume it goes with the Earth Driller).

Did I hear a four-armed megafig? . . I am definitely buying that set - actually, wait. Maybe it'll be in the same set as the Earth Driller? That might explain why it has such a massive price hike from the previous version. 

And the USR canopy . . I think that could seat three people maximum? Bit of a shame, but acceptable. 

I'll be disappointed if the Venomari and Pythor are the only Serpentine we get. But a new Overlord fig could be interesting for sure - especially one with four arms. 

I'm not incredibly interested in Spinjitzu, but these attachment points could be interesting. And I have mixed feelings about another new mask already. We've only had the movie ones for a year and a half, and I really like the two-part assembly style they use. It'll be a shame if they go. 

20 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Did I hear a four-armed megafig? . . I am definitely buying that set - actually, wait. Maybe it'll be in the same set as the Earth Driller? That might explain why it has such a massive price hike from the previous version. 

And the USR canopy . . I think that could seat three people maximum? Bit of a shame, but acceptable. 

I'll be disappointed if the Venomari and Pythor are the only Serpentine we get. But a new Overlord fig could be interesting for sure - especially one with four arms. 

I'm not incredibly interested in Spinjitzu, but these attachment points could be interesting. And I have mixed feelings about another new mask already. We've only had the movie ones for a year and a half, and I really like the two-part assembly style they use. It'll be a shame if they go. 

Just to clarify, the Overlord fig has four arms. I have no idea how many arms the giant stone warrior will have, since the only way I've identified that there is one in the first place is by seeing the printed face. I suppose that if it is based on the one from the show it'll probably have four arms, though.

It being paired with the Earth Driller might make sense... alternatively, I'd considered that it might be paired with the Samurai Mech, to give it a humanoid foe at a similar scale. The Overlord himself is probably paired with the Golden Dragon.

2 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

Just to clarify, the Overlord fig has four arms. I have no idea how many arms the giant stone warrior will have, since the only way I've identified that there is one in the first place is by seeing the printed face. I suppose that if it is based on the one from the show it'll probably have four arms, though.

It being paired with the Earth Driller might make sense... alternatively, I'd considered that it might be paired with the Samurai Mech, to give it a humanoid foe at a similar scale. The Overlord himself is probably paired with the Golden Dragon.

I was assuming that the stone warrior megafig would be based off the one in the museum, when we first met Misako in the show, who was defeated because he fell into the Bottomless Pit. I suppose it might not, though . . but I can't think of anything else it would be based off. 

And we got a part count for the Samurai X Mech, too, remember? 150 pieces or something like that. I don't think that's enough for two large-scale humanoids. 

It makes sense that the Overlord would be in that set. I was already going to get it, but now it's a must-buy. I'm only disappointed that it means we probably aren't going to see a brick-built 'true form of the Overlord' model. (Something that I have dreamed of for years.)

34 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

Is the head just Garmadon with a Stone Army mask, or is it a new print?

7 minutes ago, GarmaFan said:

Is the head just Garmadon with a Stone Army mask, or is it a new print?

Do you mean the Overlord? Brand-new. It's a face more like the 2014 "Rebooted" Overlord on a Trans-Purple head piece. The armor is more like that version too, with a golden ribcage/armor print.

2 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Do you mean the Overlord? Brand-new. It's a face more like the 2014 "Rebooted" Overlord on a Trans-Purple head piece. The armor is more like that version too, with a golden ribcage/armor print.

Oh cool. Is it visible which designs the Ninja have? As in, Movie onwards, or original?

8 hours ago, GarmaFan said:

Oh cool. Is it visible which designs the Ninja have? As in, Movie onwards, or original?

Just to clarify, the only things I know are from the new parts, so in most cases I have no idea which existing parts (including printed faces, hair pieces, etc.) will be used. However, I would assume it's the movie designs for all the ninja since golden ninja Lloyd's head has the green eyes and lighter eyebrow color from the movie.

35 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

Just to clarify, the only things I know are from the new parts, so in most cases I have no idea which existing parts (including printed faces, hair pieces, etc.) will be used. However, I would assume it's the movie designs for all the ninja since golden ninja Lloyd's head has the green eyes and lighter eyebrow color from the movie.

Ah, okay. Thanks! That.. is probably going to upset people. New old face prints would have been cool.

Edited by GarmaFan

Is there any chance or hope for third addition to the Ninjago City "Line" in 2019? Or we will end up just with those two sets only? 

39 minutes ago, Blazej_Holen said:

Is there any chance or hope for third addition to the Ninjago City "Line" in 2019? Or we will end up just with those two sets only? 

No idea. I reckon there's a chance, especially if the Docks sell well, but even if there is it would probably be a summer set and we might not know about it until the toy fairs (perhaps even later, if Lego once again keeps their toy fair presence focused mainly on already released sets).