Wow, y’all are really hung up on Ninjago’s “status”. They way I see it...it ends when it ends. It’s here now, why don’t we just enjoy while we have it and when we don’t we find something new. I personally have loved almost every season and almost every wave. I swear, some in y’all just complain to complain...

On a different note I am so excited to see all these new sets. I mean revamping the OG vehicles in brilliant and I’m curious as to what LEGO does with the spinners. I kinda hope they bring back the old spinners personally, but I’m game for something new! I think the thing I’m most interested is the figures...I’ll be curious as to what the decided to do with them regarding old and new designs. 

9 hours ago, GarmaFan said:

Well, Ninja was a subtheme of Castle, and is related to Ninjago, so.. does that technically even if Ninjago was canceled, if there was a new Castle theme, it would technically still be going? :wacko:

Ninjago is related to Ninja, but Lego never said that Ninjago was a Castle theme. Ninja was only really a Castle theme in the first place because it was set in roughly the same time period, but Ninjago is set in some sort of futuristic City.

Nexo retained its Castle vibe by presenting itself as a far future in which society still stuck to medieval practices...Ninjago didn’t. Ninjago is its own theme, Nexo is a subtheme of Castle. I don’t think the world will implode if a new Castle theme and Ninjago ran side by side next year. :tongue:

Since the reboot-set list seems to be real:

the obvious question is: how do they fit into the story of comming episodes? Will there be time travel involved? Maybe with the S7 villains? Will we get new outfits with the "old" sets? Or just redesigns?

It still seems odd to get so many expensive sets for a winter wave.

11 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

Will we get new outfits with the "old" sets? Or just redesigns?

This right here will make or break this wave for me. Personally, I'd be okay with "remakes" so long as the suits are different. Heck, I'd like to see "S1" style torsos with perhaps more detailing and perhaps the movie era masks, especially if we get a "S1" version of Nya as the Grey/Silver Ninja. However, if they're just the S1 designs again then I will be passing on this wave.

I have a suspicion that these remakes will be exactly that, due to the the early seasons' continued popularity on streaming services like Netflix. I imagine a lot of kids have got into Ninjago through there and never got the chance to get any of the corresponding sets. In which case the character designs might be the same as S1-2. That could explain the TV show only getting a few specials in 1HY, and a full season when we get sets based on new material in 2HY.

I might be wrong and the story next year could just revisit old places and scenarios, or maybe both might be true.

Technically we did get updated versions of the season 1/Pilot suits in Day of the Departed. The Ultra Stealth Raider would even qualify as a remake of the Ultra Sonic Raider

I feel like the designs will be similar to the Serpentine wave suits just with better printing.

It seems lego misspoke and only Harry Potter is going to be the only Barnes and Nobel pack. That means the ninjago pack will either be at target, Walmart, or a lego store

On 8/10/2018 at 9:26 PM, JasonEffex said:

• Still disappointed by the apparent lack of more Season 9 sets, since there was a number of things that appeared in the season that haven't made it into sets yet. 

They should make another wave with just the important stuff we missed from that season!

Spoiler

Such as:

Spoiler

70681-Rocky Dangerbuff-4 pcs-£4.99 

70682-Rocky Dangerbuff Rocky Dangerbuff-8 pcs-£8.99 

70683-Rocky Dangerbuff Rocky Dangerbuff Rocky Dangerbuff Rocky Dangerbuff-16 pcs-£16.99

70684-Rocky Dangerbuff Rocky Dangerbuff Rocky Dangerbuff Rocky Dangerbuff Rocky Dangerbuff Rocky Dangerbuff-32 pcs-£32.99

70685-Rocky Dangerbuff -Rocky Dangerbuff Rocky Dangerbuff Rocky Dangerbuff Rocky Dangerbuff Rocky Dangerbuff Rocky Dangerbuff Rocky Dangerbuff 64 pcs-£64.99

5 hours ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

They should make another wave with just the important stuff we missed from that season!

Reveal hidden contents

Such as:

Reveal hidden contents

70681-Rocky Dangerbuff-4 pcs-£4.99 

70682-Rocky Dangerbuff Rocky Dangerbuff-8 pcs-£8.99 

70683-Rocky Dangerbuff Rocky Dangerbuff Rocky Dangerbuff Rocky Dangerbuff-16 pcs-£16.99

70684-Rocky Dangerbuff Rocky Dangerbuff Rocky Dangerbuff Rocky Dangerbuff Rocky Dangerbuff Rocky Dangerbuff-32 pcs-£32.99

70685-Rocky Dangerbuff -Rocky Dangerbuff Rocky Dangerbuff Rocky Dangerbuff Rocky Dangerbuff Rocky Dangerbuff Rocky Dangerbuff Rocky Dangerbuff 64 pcs-£64.99

good one :laugh:
I guess they could do a whole CMF of "Ninja in disguise" sets

Anyway, I also find the lack of more S9 sets disturbing. This summer wave had less sets than normal. There would be so much more potential for figures as well. Faith without armor/gear, Elemental Masters, Mystake, ...
I don't get why they did less sets/less big sets. Does anyone have a theory on that?

11 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

good one :laugh:
I guess they could do a whole CMF of "Ninja in disguise" sets

Anyway, I also find the lack of more S9 sets disturbing. This summer wave had less sets than normal. There would be so much more potential for figures as well. Faith without armor/gear, Elemental Masters, Mystake, ...
I don't get why they did less sets/less big sets. Does anyone have a theory on that?

Conserving money for even bigger-er 2019 sets?

My guess would be that because the Son of Garmadon sets were still relevant to season 9 ( even though SoG came out in season 8.)

Fire temple confirmed. 

Also apparently the new Samurai X Mech only has 154 pieces? And, of course, at least seven of those will be the minifigure. And two more will probably be swords - and we can probably assign another five to the 'enemy' minifigure. (Probably a Serpentine.)

The only explanation I can think of for that shockingly low part count is that it's going to be a Nexo Battle Suit style Mech, not a fully built up one. 

As far as I can recall about the Fire Temple, is that the only thing that we had was @Alegrispa's word. Nothing from any of the usual sources. Of course, then people took that word, slapped it onto their Instagram posts, and rolled with it.

Edited by Penkid11

5 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

As far as I can recall about the Fire Temple, is that the only thing that we had was @Alegrispa's word. Nothing from any of the usual sources. Of course, then people took that word, slapped it onto their Instagram posts, and rolled with it.

Not my word.

All the information I posted came from instagram and as it happens I got screencapped and copied back there.

6 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Also apparently the new Samurai X Mech only has 154 pieces? And, of course, at least seven of those will be the minifigure. And two more will probably be swords - and we can probably assign another five to the 'enemy' minifigure. (Probably a Serpentine.)

The only explanation I can think of for that shockingly low part count is that it's going to be a Nexo Battle Suit style Mech, not a fully built up one. 

That's too bad. This wave is full remakes of sets I've missed and it sucks that not all of them are upgrates.

At least Nya got a set.

Edited by Alegrispa

I did a direct price and piece comparison for the 2019 sets that are getting direct remakes. I know I don’t have jays spinner because that was in a duel pack. I couldn’t find the piece count for Kai’s And Zane’s vehicles separately in their original sets. But here is a good portion of them 

70659- Spinjitzu Kai ($0,+78)

70661- Spinjitzu Zane ($0,+90)

70662- Spinjitzu Cole: ($0,+98)

70664- Spinjitzu Lloyd vs Garmadon: ($0,+162) 

70665- Samurai Mech: (-$25,-298)

70666- The Golden Dragon: (-$10, -75) 

70668- Jay’s Storm Fighter: (+$15, +248) 

70669- Cole’s Earth Driller: (+$30, +416)

70679- The Ultra Dragon: (-$35, +36)

9 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Fire temple confirmed. 

That’s really a shame - having a full size samurai Mech remake would be amazing.

4 minutes ago, legozebra said:

That’s really a shame - having a full size samurai Mech remake would be amazing.

But... What if it's proportionate to the TV show's design? I can definitely see something at that size at this price point.

28 minutes ago, Penkid11 said:

But... What if it's proportionate to the TV show's design? I can definitely see something at that size at this price point.

Right, I forgot the TV a show suit was so small compared to a minifigure. Hopefully it will be a pretty cool small build at $15!

16 minutes ago, legozebra said:

10 minutes ago, Penkid11 said:

I suspect Penkid is right. This concept art for the show shows the mech being about three minifigures or so tall (about 11cm). Pixal's mech from this year is a little taller, being 4 minifigs (just over 15cm) tall, up to the top of her helmet. 150 pieces would make the new mech smaller than Pixal's mech (around 200 pieces) so it may well end up being a show accurate size.   

For what it's worth, I haven't heard anything solid that points in the direction of a 2019 Fire Temple; if the rumored kit is the 70680 Fire Temple, then I wouldn't rule it out, as the set number is confirmed for 1HY; that said, I wouldn't surmise that it is "confirmed" to any extent.

-Azani

15 hours ago, Azani said:

For what it's worth, I haven't heard anything solid that points in the direction of a 2019 Fire Temple; if the rumored kit is the 70680 Fire Temple, then I wouldn't rule it out, as the set number is confirmed for 1HY; that said, I wouldn't surmise that it is "confirmed" to any extent.

-Azani

Brick Show confirmed it 4 days ago.

6 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Brick Show confirmed it 4 days ago.

They never actually confirmed it. It was on their rumored list of 2019 stuff which they got most of the info for the list from here and instagram. 

13 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

They never actually confirmed it. It was on their rumored list of 2019 stuff which they got most of the info for the list from here and instagram. 

shall we wait and see . I hope it will come out