Someone on instagram screen-capped my last entry here and posted it, guess I've come full circle, hahaha.

Also, sorry for starting a discussion on a possible end for the theme, I just can't recall a theme like Ninjago remaking their earlier sets in this fashion and just assumed it was a send-off. There is just no precedent to go off in this case.

I don't think there is any way for us to know unless TLG announces it.

EDIT; Shout out to @just2good for giving me a shout out. And ya didn't butcher my name btw.

EDIT2 ; Another shout out to Brickvault.

Edited by Alegrispa

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Credit to ninja_whip on this one but apparently Dr. julien is rumored to be  coming in Cole’s Earth Driller

Really? We're finally going to get Dr. Julian?

I CHANGED MY MIND I NEED TO HAVE THAT DRILL

I wonder since Cole's Earth Driller is more expensive. That it will have Kai's Fire Mech that can attach to the back like it did in the show.

Just now, Takanuinuva said:

I wonder since Cole's Earth Driller is more expensive. That it will have Kai's Fire Mech that can attach to the back like it did in the show.

Oh, that would be awesome!

I'm not sure how it would fit, but let's hope so!

Thoughts and observations on the leaks:

• Nya is absent from the spinners again, and is also the only one of the six main ninja to not get a vehicle or dragon this wave, which I find disappointing.
  • Overall, I think that the choices of sets for the wave is decent on the whole, but I could do with fewer ninja vehicles. I look forward to seeing how the originals can be improved upon using modern pieces though.
  • Fire Temple is the only set from the pilots, but is thankfully the biggest. I hope they are able to make a new Samukai minifig this time around (my original has unfortunately not aged well and much of the print has worn away over time).
  • Four sets from the Serpentine season, perhaps each one will include a couple of sepentine from a single tribe so all four tribes would get representation in the wave (Pythor should be thrown in there somewhere for good measure too).
  • Still disappointed by the apparent lack of more Season 9 sets, since there was a number of things that appeared in the season that haven't made it into sets yet. 
  • Since it appears that these re-releases don't tie into the current story, I wonder when the sets for the special event and the following 2019 season will be released. Is there a possibility of more than the usual two waves of sets being released this year? 
12 minutes ago, Takanuinuva said:

11 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Oh, that would be awesome!

I'm not sure how it would fit, but let's hope so!

That's a cool idea, I'm imagining a smaller mech built using mixel joints instead of the larger ball joints.

1 hour ago, Blazej_Holen said:

Can we expect third addition to the Ninjago city "line" next year? :)

I hope they continue to make Ninjago modulars under the regular Ninjago line from now on. A set every two years or so would be brilliant (I doubt they'd be able to manage one per year).

1 hour ago, Takanuinuva said:

Kinda doubt that since Kai gets his own set.

For compairson 9445 Fangpyre Truck Ambush and (for something more recent) 70625 Samurai VXL were both 50 bucks;

9445-1.jpg?201110210248

70625-1.jpg?201611300919

(pics from Brickset.com)

Edited by Alegrispa

5 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

. . Wow, Lego really has gotten more expensive . . .

The first one has 452 pieces and the second one has 428.

So it really depends, so c'mon man, let's not turn this into one of those threads.

But Cole's Earth Driller was originally 20 dollars. The new one is 50 dollars. I doubt they both would be the same size but cost different. So I'm expecting a significant size increase to the set.

4 minutes ago, Takanuinuva said:

But Cole's Earth Driller was originally 20 dollars. The new one is 50 dollars. I doubt they both would be the same size but cost different. So I'm expecting a significant size increase to the set.

There's no question regarding the increase in size, I'm just saying Kai's mech is probably not part of it.

6 minutes ago, ninjagoyax555 said:

are they going to use remakes villains  or they going to put oni in these remakes sets ? sorry I do ask a lot haha 

Pics don't appear to be out yet.

• Very curious as to how the Ninja will look. Which headwraps will they be using? Which hair pieces?
  • I understand why Nya doesn’t get to do Spinjitzu, but the Samurai X mech better be included in one of the larger sets or else I’ll riot.
  • Another Ninjago City block would be great! I’d love to own at least one someday. :cry_sad:
  • This theme is not ending. The movie wasn’t spectacular, but for a film about a niche IP like Ninjago, it did great, and the set’s sales helped too. The showrunners have nothing but good news every time its future is mentioned. The fact that Lego is even bothering to remake sets to commemorate the 100th episode shows that they cherish this IP. Friends has had some of the earliest sets remade recently too. 

I'll buy the Hunted wave and wait for the Oni sets, because if Lego remakes the Fire Temple (which I already own), the Dragon rice paper panels will probably be stickers.

Edited by Dr.Cogg

9 hours ago, saysonder said:

Very curious as to how the Ninja will look. Which headwraps will they be using? Which hair pieces?

Same here, I'm guessing they will stick with the movie ones. However, their robes better have the original insignias and styling! Oh, and the Golden Weapons! Almost forgot about them because it has been ages, but boy how I would like to see updated moulds for those!!

9 hours ago, saysonder said:

The movie wasn’t spectacular, but for a film about a niche IP like Ninjago, it did great, and the set’s sales helped too. [...] The fact that Lego is even bothering to remake sets to commemorate the 100th episode shows that they cherish this IP. 

Yes, the theme is in good shape. Still, I find the reboot wave an interesting choice. I can't help but feel that it must partly be a measure to please the foundation of the fanbase, to give them "their" Ninjago, after how the movie shook up the regular line. 

Anyway, I'm excited to see old material of the show translated to sets. Curious how they will do the Ultra Dragon at less than half the price. Also, the Monastery and Four Weapons blacksmith shop would be neat to see as well. And the Celestial Clock, pretty please! :grin:

Off topic: I can't be the only one who saw the guards' shoulder armour from Snoke's throne room and immediately thought of Ninjago, right? 

I thought the same, until I noticed no sword holsters on the back. On a different note, I think they should make a Borg Tower for Ninjago City, because it keeps being used by the villains as their fortress.

Very excited by the prospect of many of these new sets, regardless of how they fit into the story. Sounds like all four original ninja are getting their old vehicles from 2012, save for Cole (and I'm glad they opted for the Earth Driller instead of the Tread Assault since the latter's gimmick really only works for the Serpentine storyline). A new Golden Dragon is cool but a new Ultra Dragon is even cooler, and something I've been hoping for since great redesigns like the Final Flight of Destiny's Bounty and the Ultra Stealth Raider. Since we're getting both the Golden Dragon and Ultra Dragon, I wonder if the latter will be ridden by the four original ninja instead of by Lloyd. Perhaps even by Nya, whose presence is otherwise worryingly unimplied by any of the set names we've gotten so far (she might appear in the Fire Temple, like in the original set, though I hope that if so the story won't repeat making her little more than a damsel in distress).

Curious what the new Spinjitzu sets will be like—will they continue to use a similar formula to the Airjitzu, Spinjitzu Masters, and Dragon Masters sets or will they opt for something different? Either way the most exciting one among those are Wu and Lloyd vs. Garmadon, since Wu and Garmadon's ability to use Spinjitzu has been even more underutilized in the story than that of the ninja.

The last two seasons Garmadon used his true potential to create the Oni Titan.

4 hours ago, Dr.Cogg said:

The last two seasons Garmadon used his true potential to create the Oni Titan.

I said Spinjitzu, not True Potential. They're not the same thing.

16 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Perhaps even by Nya, whose presence is otherwise worryingly unimplied by any of the set names we've gotten so far (she might appear in the Fire Temple, like in the original set, though I hope that if so the story won't repeat making her little more than a damsel in distress).

Yes. Nya’s treatment is what I care about the most here. It would be lousy to shaft her in the sets that coincide with the special episodes she’s a huge part of. 

"A long time" could mean a lot of things and plans can change, but that probably means Ninjago's got at least more than two years upcoming.

Edited by GarmaFan