On the subject of the missing set number, those could be the Oni sets, kind of like how there was Skybound and DotD sets at the same time.

Edited by Dr.Cogg

9 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

The influence of the younger fans who, apparently, can't read, need to stop.

It's an evergreen theme. That means it doesn't die until literally everyone hates it.

Alright, that was kinda rude, but okay...

I what evergreen means, I'm just looking at the leaks and info we have. The next (possibly final) season of the show consists of only four, extra long, episodes. Shortened seasons with longer episodes tend to mean a show is coming to an end (e.g. Game of Thrones). Not to mention the sets have been selling poorly (in my area that is, so I might be completely wrong on that one). And the leaks now come from multiple places.

I am very skeptical when it comes to leaks and I can recognize a wish list when I see one. I'm just speculating on leaks.

Also, evergreen themes may have an expiration date with AFOLs, but every day there are new kids that are getting into LEGO. It's time for this community to stop thinking everything LEGO does is for them. I'm sick of pages over pages of complaining because Star Wars releases another X-Wing every couple of years. So this doesn't sound "togood to be true". Since in the time since Ninjago started there were kids being born who are just now getting into LEGO. Kids that love Ninjago, but have never heard of spinners because they were to busy having their diapers changed when spinners were on the market.

I talk about spinners a lot, but don't get me wrong, I couldn't care less if they're making a comeback or not.

7 hours ago, GarmaFan said:

Which instagram tag can it be found?

#legoleaks and stuff like that.

I’d be skeptical, however, I did enter the DCPI codes into Brickseek, and they pulled up. Still taking this with a grain of salt, but unless someone hacked into Brickseek, or something of the like, these are most likely real.

If real, I’m curious to see how they’ll remake these sets. Remaking Jay’s vehicle makes sense, but the Earth Driller is a bit of a baffling choice. The spinner sets will probably be akin to what we saw in SOG wave.

Since Ultra Dragon is supposedly dead in the TV Show, I wonder how they’ll justify the remake. Are there multiple ultra dragons?

Edited by Cocoa

1 hour ago, Cocoa said:

Reveal hidden contents

Since Ultra Dragon is supposedly dead in the TV Show, I wonder how they’ll justify the remake. Are there multiple ultra dragons?

All of these sets appear to be remakes of older models, so my guess is that they won't actually be relevant to current story. Just the "Greatest Hits" of classic Ninjago to celebrate the 100th Episode of the TV show. Ergo, the Utlra Dragon would just be remade from that era, as well as the Golden Dragon (which also shouldn't exist anymore) and everything else.

70662 Spinjitzu Cole

70663 Spinjitzu Wu

Edited by Tahu

1 hour ago, Mesonak said:

All of these sets appear to be remakes of older models, so my guess is that they won't actually be relevant to current story. Just the "Greatest Hits" of classic Ninjago to celebrate the 100th Episode of the TV show. Ergo, the Utlra Dragon would just be remade from that era, as well as the Golden Dragon (which also shouldn't exist anymore) and everything else.

If that is the case. Then why aren't any of the Villain sets being remade? Did they not sell as well compared to the Ninja sets?

Here's my theory:

This isn't Ninjago's last year. Next year is. That year would be 2020, the tenth anniversary of the theme. Yes, I'm aware that Ninjago has evergreen status, which it received in 2015. 2020 is SIX years from then. That's more than enough to fit the label.

This year, they'll probably bring back old sets in the winter and maybe not anything at all in the summer except for an exclusive or two. In 2020, they'll create one more new storyline as a "Final Battle" to wrap up the theme. I think that would be perfect.

Now look, I get that a lot of people here like Ninjago (This is literally the Ninjago thread so I would assume so :grin: ) but all good things have to come to an end. Ninjago was saved by the fans and got an extra seven years. Hundreds of sets. If it doesn't got past 2020, I think it's safe to say that complaining about that is literally just greed. You got everything you could ever want with this theme, and it's truly amazing what the designers have been able to do with the sets and the story. It's one of the largest Lego themes of all time, and it even got a full-on movie with dozens of sets of its own. It'll be remembered, just like Bionicle is, by lots of fans. They might even reboot it for a couple years at some point in the future. But if it's done, it's done. :shrug_confused:

18 minutes ago, BrickJagger said:

Here's my theory:

This isn't Ninjago's last year. Next year is. That year would be 2020, the tenth anniversary of the theme. Yes, I'm aware that Ninjago has evergreen status, which it received in 2015. 2020 is SIX years from then. That's more than enough to fit the label.

This year, they'll probably bring back old sets in the winter and maybe not anything at all in the summer except for an exclusive or two. In 2020, they'll create one more new storyline as a "Final Battle" to wrap up the theme. I think that would be perfect.

Now look, I get that a lot of people here like Ninjago (This is literally the Ninjago thread so I would assume so :grin: ) but all good things have to come to an end. Ninjago was saved by the fans and got an extra seven years. Hundreds of sets. If it doesn't got past 2020, I think it's safe to say that complaining about that is literally just greed. You got everything you could ever want with this theme, and it's truly amazing what the designers have been able to do with the sets and the story. It's one of the largest Lego themes of all time, and it even got a full-on movie with dozens of sets of its own. It'll be remembered, just like Bionicle is, by lots of fans. They might even reboot it for a couple years at some point in the future. But if it's done, it's done. :shrug_confused:

I can totally see this happening, but just to add one more piece of info - in a blurb about the Lego Ninjago Movie at the Lego House in Billund, Ninjago’s evergreen status is mentioned, meaning it was still considered evergreen at least in 2017. Since evergreen usually means never-ending, unless plans changed, I’m guessing it has a longer lifespan than ten years? After all, as you said, Bionicle lasted ten years yet was never declared evergreen during its run.

On another note, looking at the leaks - we have Jay’s Storm Fighter, Zane’s Icemobile, Kai’s Fire Bike, and Cole’s Earth Driller. The first three are remakes of the Golden Weapons vehicles, so I’m guessing the “Earth Driller” is actually Cole’s vehicle from the Scythe of Quakes, keeping in with the pilot/season 1 theme of the other main ninja vehicles.

Edited by legozebra

6 minutes ago, legozebra said:

I can totally see this happening, but just to add one more piece of info - in a blurb about the Lego Ninjago Movie at the Lego House in Billund, Ninjago’s evergreen status is mentioned, meaning it was still considered evergreen at least in 2017. Since evergreen usually means never-ending, unless plans changed, I’m guessing it has a longer lifespan than ten years? After all, as you said, Bionicle lasted ten years yet was never declared evergreen during its run.

Well yeah, it'll stay evergreen until it isn't. I don't think that the failure the TLNM helped its case, either. 

Bionicle was never declared evergreen because that term wasn't in use while it was out. 

If we were to take TLG literally, could we assume that Ninjago would still be around in 100 years? Obviously not, because eventually kids would lose interest. The only themes that Lego confirmed truly would never be permanently discontinued are City, Castle, and Space, and even the latter two take long breaks so they don't get stale.

Edited by BrickJagger

4 hours ago, Alegrispa said:

I what evergreen means, I'm just looking at the leaks and info we have. The next (possibly final) season of the show consists of only four, extra long, episodes. Shortened seasons with longer episodes tend to mean a show is coming to an end (e.g. Game of Thrones).

It has been confirmed by Tommy Andreasen, one of the writers for Ninjago, that these four episodes will not be a season, but specials. There will be also be an additional season in 2019, on top of these four episodes. I think this means that there will be sets tied to the new theme, I mean, why would they make a commercial for something they don't sell.

4 hours ago, Alegrispa said:

Not to mention the sets have been selling poorly (in my area that is, so I might be completely wrong on that one). And the leaks now come from multiple places. 

Sets have not been selling poorly - Ninjago is still one of LEGOs best selling lines.

10 minutes ago, Dardanel said:

It has been confirmed by Tommy Andreasen, one of the writers for Ninjago, that these four episodes will not be a season, but specials. There will be also be an additional season in 2019, on top of these four episodes. I think this means that there will be sets tied to the new theme, I mean, why would they make a commercial for something they don't sell.

Sets have not been selling poorly - Ninjago is still one of LEGOs best selling lines.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is what I see in that article: 

Across the LEGO portfolio, performance of classic LEGO ranges was satisfactory and LEGO® City, LEGO DUPLO®, LEGO Creator and LEGO Friends continued to perform well, demonstrating the timeless appeal of LEGO play. LEGO NINJAGO also benefited from the release of the movie in September.

Nowhere in there does it say that it's still one of Lego's best selling lines. Of course we can assume that, but I'd just like to point that out. :classic:

Some more sets have leaked;

70665 Zane's Icemobile - $19,99  / Remake of "Zane's Snowmobile" from the set 9445 Fangpyre Truck Ambush - $49,99 (although I don't think that price matters since the Snowmobile was only a side-build in that set)

70667 Kai's Fire Bike - $29,99 / Remake of 9441 Kai's Blade Cycle - $14,99 (another upgrade)

70680 Fire Temple (price unknown, but I think it probably between 120-150 bucks) / Remake of 2507 Fire Temple - $119,99 (definitely the flagship set of that wave with brick-build dragon head)

As for the spinners; (all $9,99)

70659 Spinjitzu Kai

70660 Spinjitzu Jay

70661 Spinjitzu Zane

70662 Spinjitzu Cole

70663 Spinjitzu Wu

Here is the full list from kwikfan555 on instagram

I wonder what is the last one

1 hour ago, BrickJagger said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is what I see in that article: 

Nowhere in there does it say that it's still one of Lego's best selling lines. Of course we can assume that, but I'd just like to point that out. :classic:

Hm, then the email and the text in the link were different for some reason. My bad, should've checked! Here's a quote from LEGO's email:

Core product lines continue to do well, and among the topselling lines in 2017 were themes like LEGO® City, LEGO® NINJAGO®, LEGO Creator and LEGO® DUPLO®. LEGO® Star Wars performed in line with expectations.

I don't see anyone spelling doom for Star Wars :D

Edit: Found another source, just to give more credibility.

Edited by Dardanel

4 hours ago, Mesonak said:

That makes much more sense. That does make me wonder, though, is there nothing ‘set worthy’ in these 4 upcoming episodes, or will there be a time travel episode/special of sorts? It seems weird to release sets just to commemorate the 100th episode of the TV show. Either way, I would consider these remakes ‘out of left field,’ for sure.

Edited by Cocoa

Like I said earlier, there will probably be sets for both in the same line, like the Skybound/Day of the Departed wave, because I doubt lego would skip sets for new Antagonists.

Well, whatever the case, the prospect of legacy sets, especially big things like the Ultra and Golden Dragons (since I was in a Dark Age for the second half of 2012 and all of 2013-4) excite me. Maybe we'll finally get the Overlord? As in, a proper Overlord, not the Golden Master/Digital Overlord. 

Now here's hoping that the rumours of a remade Spinjitzu Monastery also happen. 

Athough I'd settle for the Fire Temple. If I must.

Also, who says there will be new antagonists? Remember, the Oni are shapeshifters. Who's to say they won't assume the forms of previous villains?

Edited by Feng-huang0296

Because Mistake and the Oni Masks have shown what the Oni really look like and that would be a lousy cop out to just use old villains.

I wonder just how different these remade models will be in comparison to the originals. It’s worth noting that the Earth Driller appears to be significantly bigger in price, so (unless it really is the Tread Assault from 2012 as someone previously mentioned) I’m wondering if it will be upgraded to include more seats, just like how it appeared in the show. What I’m feeling mixed feelings about is how much ‘fan-service’ they will include, in the way of previously-show-exclusive figures. While I’d love to see that, my wallet is begging me not to buy the redesigns of sets I have the originals of :grin:

If we finally get another show-accurate Misako in a set in my price range, I don't care, I'll get it. After the nightmare of Koko last year, I NEED a proper Misako. 

1 hour ago, ninjagoyax555 said:

I still don't know how the remake sets and current story ones will fit in 2019?

What if they don't?

What if the previous seasons are so relevant to kids, due to those seasons' accessibility online (Netflix), that hey decided to do remakes just because?

I love this fandom. The moment the future is on the horizon and the scope of how great the theme's future is shows up, every year, without fail...

"NINJAGO's gonna die." "NINJAGO is dead." "We only have one year left of NINJAGO." "NINJAGO has to end. It has to."

It. Is. An. Evergreen. Theme. Like LEGO CITY and LEGO Star Wars.

9 minutes ago, Penkid11 said:

It. Is. An. Evergreen. Theme. Like LEGO CITY and LEGO Star Wars.

Which to me means they could very well not produce any sets for a year or two then suddenly start making more sets. Not that they will or should. 

I do like many of Ninjago sets and buy lots of them but some of them, I just don't care for.