Sign in to follow this  
Akkhraziel

Megabloks Pyrates and Pirates of the Caribbean Sets

It would be great if LEGO "borrowed" :pir-tongue: some ideas from playmobil, they have great designs, especially the last ship norrington posted.

It would also be nice if lego released more individual parts as sails, just like playmobil (didn't even know they did that)

Heck, playmobil sold extra rigging and sails so that you could turn a pirate ship could be turned Imperial.

That's what I like about the BSB. Red and white sails aren't nessecarily pirate colours. So it can be used as an imperial ship aswell. But really, where would you find a sailmaker with the skill to make black and whit stripes with a skull and crossbones on it?

I think there is a lighthouse hideout made in Megabloks already, although I wouldn't dare post a pic!

I happened to see it when I went to Woolworths the other day. !~(@$£? M&%&*!^#! (i think you know what's said)

I think there is a lighthouse hideout made in Megabloks already, although I wouldn't dare post a pic!

I happened to see it when I went to Woolworths the other day. !~(@$£? M&%&*!^#! (i think you know what's said)

Would this be the one Rancor?

Hi Dario.

IMHO, I would say that this is a nice addition to the plus 4 range. (looking at the type of mini figures)

Unfortunately, plus 4 was not popular with most AFOL as its main use was for genuine Lego parts and useful pieces.

As this is not Lego, many people will find this useless towards their collections.

That said some may just like the variety it will provide.

Regards, Cpt. PB

Edited by Cpt. Pegleg Blockbeard

I think Dario is asking whether people would like lego ghost pirates as an addition to lego pirates rather than using the playmobil as an addition to lego pirates. I think it would make a great theme by itself or as a third faction to the pirates vs imperial soldiers. It would be good for adding fantasy elements such as mermaids and large kraken without offending the die hard realism pirate fans.

Laurie

I don't think that they should add a fantasy aspect to the Pirate line. It would detract from the overall aspects of the theme.

You never know because many Lego Castle fans have accepted the whole fantasy thing that's been added to the Castle theme - so maybe adding Ghost pirates would be accepted widely too. Think of Pirates of the Carribbean - those three movies are massive hits, and they certainly deal with ghost pirates

You never know because many Lego Castle fans have accepted the whole fantasy thing that's been added to the Castle theme - so maybe adding Ghost pirates would be accepted widely too. Think of Pirates of the Carribbean - those three movies are massive hits, and they certainly deal with ghost pirates

Oh, I think there are quite a few Castle fans that don't like the fantasy aspects added in. I, for one, love them and would welcome Ghost Pirates. The trick is (and to be clear I think Lego is doing this quite well in the Castle sets) is to offer both sets that are all or mostly realistic (like the Market Village in castle) along side the fantasy ones. So, if people just don't want fantasy they can still get their fix.

Then again, I would think it would be silly for a pirate fan to see a ghost ship and not buy it because the mini-figs were ghosts after all these years of wanting the hulls, the cutlasses, the masts, and all the other pirate trappings they would still be able to get out of it.

Plus, in a non-pirate capacity, if they made translucent mini-figs I think a lot of collectors would want them even if they weren't pirate fans.

A win - win. (win-win-win? No! Just a win-win)

-Tohst

I think Dario is asking whether people would like lego ghost pirates as an addition to lego pirates rather than using the playmobil as an addition to lego pirates. I think it would make a great theme by itself or as a third faction to the pirates vs imperial soldiers. It would be good for adding fantasy elements such as mermaids and large kraken without offending the die hard realism pirate fans.

Laurie

thanks for helping... I try to speak english.. :pir-wink:

I love the fantasy elements and when i see the playmobyl theme i thougth.... wow this could be very cool with ghost pirates lego minifigs...

My castle collection is full of fantasy evil minifigs...i love so much my black supernatural black falcons leaders :pir-grin:

I hope to write correct

This certainly isn't the first time the fantasy element has been debated in regards to Pirates. While I do think it would be cool, I wonder if it is entirely necessary. I mean, I already have two ships from the Castle line as is (trolls and skellies). I would be most enthusiastic about the idea if the "Ghost Pirates" were a new type of minifigure, as opposed to another ship with a whole crew of skellies.

I'd have to disagree with this. Sure, fantasy elements might be going well for LEGO, but I know a good amount of people that really don't like them. Adding Ghost pirates or any other extreme fantasy element into the pirates would upset alot of people. Its okay to put a Krackin in a set, but that is part of pirate folklore. Thats a myth, a creature pirates feared, that has a place. Things like Ghost or Skeleton pirates don't. It just takes away the realism which is loved by pirates fans.

If LEGO does decide to go the wrong direction and make a pirate ship for Ghosts, I'd buy it, depending on the parts for the ship, like the hull and sails, but certainly not for the Ghost figures. I really hope LEGO thinks about this if they are planning on it, because it would make alot of fans unhappy. LEGO has enough fantasy themes as it is, its nice to have one classic theme to stay true to its roots.

Edited by First Mate Stevens