TheArturro

Lego City 2019 - Rumours, Speculation and Discussion

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, AOW said:

What time of the year ( last one) we have seen first leaks? So far only one new policeman correct? 

I think it was earlier October maybe a little sooner, this year leaks are barely a thing outside of a few figures here and there. And yes correct just the policeman besides the set names.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Nexogeek said:

I think it was earlier October maybe a little sooner, this year leaks are barely a thing outside of a few figures here and there. And yes correct just the policeman besides the set names.

I've just been checking back over the City 2018 rumors thread from last year. It looks as if rumors started going around much much earlier. Sir Von Lego had told us we'd be getting new trains, mountain police and mining sets as far back as July last year.

Then the first pictures started to leak around 20th August 2018 with early pics of some of the mountain police animals and some of the Great Vehicles sets.

I think most of the leaks last year came from product catalogues that Lego distribute to their retail partners. They have obviously tightened up their security massively this year and are doing all they can to prevent leaks. Surely they must still be sending catalogues out to retailers though so that they know what products will be on their shelves in 2019.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, danimarroquin said:

this year the leaks are really well controlled

That’s good.

I am wondering whether sky police will create an over saturation of sky vehicles. I would like to know where the designers got their inspiration from to go down the route of “Sky Police”. Sounds like an creative step forward, thinking outside of the box almost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Over-saturation of sky vehicles? With all the police officers and helicopters in the Lego world  - ‘Sky Police’ created itself 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BTW do we have a real SKY Police equivalent in real world? I have seen helicopters, drone but that would be most... Some countries have search planes. Does anyone have some examples?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AOW said:

Does anyone have some examples?

As you say, drones are becoming a thing...fire departments are using them for large incidents, wild fires...but I don't know of a sky police unit here in the US. The closest thing would be an air marshal but they are just undercover federal agents flying on commercial aircraft. Seems like a fantasy theme.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, danimarroquin said:

this year the leaks are really well controlled

 

7 hours ago, J4ck said:
12 hours ago, danimarroquin said:

this year the leaks are really well controlled

That’s good

Anyone who has spent time reading thru the forum should know by now that you dislike leaks. I don't think its necessary to restate everytime the topic is brought up. I would suspect you might be in the minority of members who do not like leaks. Perhaps you can create a new thread with a poll or something. I for one enjoy leaked information and the lack of leaks has diminished my interest to the point that I'm spending money that would otherwise have gone to Lego on other interests as there isn't much to get excited about right now. There are pros and cons to leaks but I believe the pros outweigh the cons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am really interested to see what exactly Sky Police theme is going to entail, cops that police all things airborne or cops that get around exclusively in flying vehicles or more likely cops with different style uniforms with a couple of helicopters and a few ground based vehicles. 

32 minutes ago, fordtruckin said:

 I for one enjoy leaked information and the lack of leaks has diminished my interest to the point that I'm spending money that would otherwise have gone to Lego on other interests as there isn't much to get excited about right now. There are pros and cons to leaks but I believe the pros outweigh the cons.

I personally can do without leaks but I will certainly check them out if they are out there but honestly this statement just doesn't make any sense to me at all. Buy less LEGO because there aren't any leaks, seriously. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Johnny1360 said:

but honestly this statement just doesn't make any sense to me at all. Buy less LEGO because there aren't any leaks, seriously. 

It doesn't have to make sense to you. It's my money. The point is that I have bought most of the sets that interest me from this year and the lack of new sets or information has shifted my focus elsewhere. As opposed to peak times when new sets are coming out so I would buy sets that initially didnt interest me for the sake of expanding my city/collection.

Since this time of year we usually have much more new set information the excitement increases and Im more prone to spend money. But the lack of leaks kind of tanks my interest.

Edited by fordtruckin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

I am really interested to see what exactly Sky Police theme is going to entail, cops that police all things airborne or cops that get around exclusively in flying vehicles or more likely cops with different style uniforms with a couple of helicopters and a few ground based vehicles. 

I personally can do without leaks but I will certainly check them out if they are out there but honestly this statement just doesn't make any sense to me at all. Buy less LEGO because there aren't any leaks, seriously. 

That’s pretty odd.

8 hours ago, fordtruckin said:

It doesn't have to make sense to you. It's my money. The point is that I have bought most of the sets that interest me from this year and the lack of new sets or information has shifted my focus elsewhere. As opposed to peak times when new sets are coming out so I would buy sets that initially didnt interest me for the sake of expanding my city/collection.

Since this time of year we usually have much more new set information the excitement increases and Im more prone to spend money. But the lack of leaks kind of tanks my interest.

Leaks don’t determine or change the sets they just ensure we see images a lot sooner so I fail to see how that would persuade someone to spend less on Lego, maybe you’re confused?

15 hours ago, williejm said:

Over-saturation of sky vehicles? With all the police officers and helicopters in the Lego world  - ‘Sky Police’ created itself 🤣

:laugh:

9 hours ago, fordtruckin said:

Anyone who has spent time reading thru the forum should know by now that you dislike leaks. I don't think its necessary to restate everytime the topic is brought up. I would suspect you might be in the minority of members who do not like leaks. Perhaps you can create a new thread with a poll or something. I for one enjoy leaked information and the lack of leaks has diminished my interest to the point that I'm spending money that would otherwise have gone to Lego on other interests as there isn't much to get excited about right now. There are pros and cons to leaks but I believe the pros outweigh the cons.

Good! This means my statements are being recognised, I’m reaching through to people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With all this talk about who likes/dislikes leaks I think we should probably keep the thread on topic before we end up with a page of that discussion, but just my couples cents for what its worth it doesn't matter to me if we get leaks or not i'd rather wait till high quality images before making choices less leaks is a good thing on Lego's parts and we whats good for the company we love shouldn't be an argument in my opinion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nexogeek said:

With all this talk about who likes/dislikes leaks I think we should probably keep the thread on topic before we end up with a page of that discussion, but just my couples cents for what its worth it doesn't matter to me if we get leaks or not i'd rather wait till high quality images before making choices less leaks is a good thing on Lego's parts and we whats good for the company we love shouldn't be an argument in my opinion. 

I see where you are coming from, but it is kinda nice to have little breadcrumbs to appease us while waiting for those images.

Yeah, we probably should get back on topic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am mostly interested in the Fire Station. Then if I look at the previous ones:

2005 : 7240 - 250p

2007 : 7945 - 584p

2010 : 7208 - 643p

2013 : 6004 - 731p

2016 : 60110 -  887p

Now, all them a part of the very first one from 2005, 7240 , have same pattern: 2 vehicles, commander, , 2 garages. 

The one from 2010 and later the one from 2013 have extended ladder system. The 2007 and 2016 have boom system. I wonder what system will use on fire vehicles. 

Regards

 

Edited by AOW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2018 at 1:17 AM, AOW said:

What time of the year ( last one) we have seen first leaks? So far only one new policeman correct? 

I cannot wait for the next fire sets :) but my son will crazy for the air police.... 

My dear walet, hard times are approaching :)

Last year we already had them as far as I know.

On 11/1/2018 at 2:46 AM, AOW said:

I am mostly interested in the Fire Station. Then if I look at the previous ones:

 

2007 : 7954 - 584p

 

 

In 2007 it was 7945.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GrandDukeofKumquats said:

A pic of a new scarecrow head on the farmer torso has shown up in the usual place. Could it be a new city fig?

That smile looks rather scary, perhaps it could be part of the harvester set we keep hearing about, though the hands and the torso shouldn't be yellow if they are using it as an actual scarecrow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Night City Dream said:

Last year we already had them as far as I know.

In 2007 it was 7945.

That's correct, I typed wrong number ;) 

11 hours ago, GrandDukeofKumquats said:

...in the usual place...

Can you PM me which usual place it is please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I may be wrong, but it looks like those coveralls are an updated version of the ones used from '09 to '16. I like the head, but it really doesn't work with the yellow skin. Hopefully the body is just a placeholder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There it is. The first 2019 City set picture @ the usual instagram location. It's a harvester vehicle with a dump truck and a set also contains a scarecrow figure.

Edited by Anak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 more blurry pictures have surfaced:

-A flaming burger bar with a fire truck.

-A fire propeller plane with a jeep and some forest elements.

-A police air controll tower with jet and jeep and a parachuter policeman.

-A big city building with a yellow crane, a large and long fire truck with fire helicopter.

Edited by Anak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, so this is where the new scarecrow head comes from

----

Whoever took those pics was in a hurry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kind of disappointed the parachute looks like one of those ‘parachute men’ types that you get as a cheap novelty. I was hoping for a more rigid cloth version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/21/2018 at 2:43 AM, Foreman-Alex said:


Current list of 2019 sets (rumors):

  Hide contents

 

60206 - Sky Police Jet Patrol - $9.99 / €9.99

60207 - Sky Police Drone Chase - $29.99 / €TBA

60208 - Sky Police Parachute Arrest - $39.99 / €TBA

60209 - Sky Police Diamond Heist - $59.99 / €TBA

60210 - Sky Police Air Base - $89.99 / €49.99 

60212 - Barbecue Burn Out - $9.99 / €TBA

60213 - Fire At The Pear - $TBA / €TBA

60214 - Burger Bar Fire Rescue - $39.99 / €29.99

60215 - Fire Station - $TBA / €59.99

60216 - TBA Fire Station  - $TBA / €99.99

60217 - TBA - Possibly fire related

60218 - Desert Rally Racer - $TBA / €9.99

60219 - Heavy Loader - TBA - $TBA / €9.99

60220 - Garbage Truck - TBA - $19.99 / €TBA

60221 - Diving Yacht - $19.99 / €19.99

60222 - Grooming Machine - $TBA / €19.99

60223 - Harvester Transport - $TBA / €29.99 

60236 - Straight And T-Junction - $TBA / €9.99

60237 - Curve And Crossroad - $14.99 / €9.99 

60239 - Police Patrol Car - $TBA / €9.99

60240 - Kayak Adventures - $TBA / €TBA

 

 

Okay, so there are pictures going around of 60210 Sky Police Air Base, 60214 Burger Bar Fire Rescue, 60216 Firemen In The City (it is definitely not a fire station, it looks more like a construction site that's caught fire) and 60217, some kind of forest fire with a plane. 

The parachute thing looks cool, I hope it comes in more colours, or at least in smaller sets. The Burger Bar looks interesting, and I have to admit that the off-road-looking fire truck is pretty appealing too. The rest are all easy passes - the actual construction site part of 60216 looks nice, but I'm not shelling out for that awkward fire trailer when I could just put the money towards my next Modular Building instead. 

Edited by Feng-huang0296

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.