TheArturro

Lego City 2019 - Rumours, Speculation and Discussion

Just built the Sky Police Diamond Heist set, and that armored truck is probably underrated.

It's large, but still compared to the 2019 Fire Chief Truck it's the exact same length/wheel size and wheel position, but can also hold 2 figures in the front and 1-2 criminals in the back.

Certainly worth it at discount as it's retiring soon.

Edited by TeriXeri

9 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

Just built the Sky Police Diamond Heist set, and that armored truck is probably underrated.

I was able to find one at Walmart for $50. I ended up stripping that plane thingy for parts though. But the van is still up. 

9 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

It's large, but still compared to the 2019 Fire Chief Truck it's the exact same length/wheel size and wheel position, but can also hold 2 figures in the front and 1-2 criminals in the back.

For those facts alone, I think this is the best van made. Compared to the police van that's supposed to come with 60246 (which I will be picking up btw), I think 60209 is way better. 

Though I'm picking 60246 up, I will continue to use the van from 60209. Though I haven't met the van from 60246 yet so I shan't judge. 

Edited by pooda

So...I'm trying to find the fire engine from 60216. Any places where I can find it? I tried eBay, but they only have the whole set. 

Edited by Brandon Pea

3 hours ago, Brandon Pea said:

So...I'm trying to find the fire engine from 60216. Any places where I can find it? I tried eBay, but they only have the whole set. 

You might have to part it out on BrickLink. As long as you follow the instructions of how many parts of each type for the engine you need, you can do it that way. Otherwose (on Bricklink at least), they're only selling the full set.

26 minutes ago, KotZ said:

You might have to part it out on BrickLink. As long as you follow the instructions of how many parts of each type for the engine you need, you can do it that way. Otherwose (on Bricklink at least), they're only selling the full set.

I guess that would be the only way. It seems like the parts of a certain set you really want or need are never available on eBay when you need them. 

@Brandon PeaYou can also part it out on Bricklink, but order the actual pieces from Lego directly if you don't want to deal with the multiple stores on Bricklink. If you go over 35 with your order they will ship for free. Also for the current sets, I find bricks and pieces (and Lego PAB) usually cheaper than Bricklink. But you will have to wait until they bring the Bricks and Pieces service back (it's currently shut down due to the virus).