TheArturro

Lego City 2019 - Rumours, Speculation and Discussion

Jet Patrol looks awful

And whatever is going in this city? Stealing a statue with a drone lol

And the police goes after the drone instead of going for the crook who has the controller :laugh:

Just now, Robert8 said:

Jet Patrol looks awful

TBH I appreciate this sort of novelty. Sure beats all robberies/burglaries revolving around safes, money, jewels, and gold bars. Same reason that sets like the museum heist 5 years ago were so much fun.

And as for Jet Patrol, it's a Juniors set at a very low price point, really not much to be done about its simplicity. I'm honestly just happy to see that the plane doesn't feel like a copy of any of last year's Juniors planes, despite using the same fuselage/wings piece.

Wow. 

Yeah, most of this is standard fare City stuff. Not particularly interesting; Creator is better. I do like that Kayak Adventures set, though. And I'll admit that the Sky Police Drone Chase is . . iffy, but that golden statue is lovely and would be an excellent upgrade to the statue in the Winter Village Fire Station. I'll probably get it just for that. 

4 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

I do like that Kayak Adventures

I think this one looks good too. I also think that although the police patrol car and the small Digger vehicle are very similar to models we've seen in the past, they still make pretty decent little "pocket money" sets.

31 minutes ago, Aanchir said:

Sure beats all robberies/burglaries revolving around safes, money, jewels, and gold bars

I agree. Although the concept seems a bit far fetched, I am pleased to see LEGO are trying to come up with something a bit different.

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Jet Patrol looks awful

And the police goes after the drone instead of going for the crook who has the controller :laugh:

Jet Patrol, is that the small Juniors or the helicopter and drone set? I kinda like that set with the drone its weird and just out of the box for a police set yet is interesting and the fact the net shooter isn't a bright yellow is nice lol

One thing I don't understand is the whole water pump idea. On one hand its neat but just seems like parents may complain about messes, I know when I was a kid I would play in my room so shooting water all over isn't an option and its on a truck not a boat so bath time play isn't logical. Also two concerns, #1 wouldn't the water mess up the glue of the stickers, and #2 so with the large fire set the big fire engine has not only the water pump but a light and sound brick, is it just me or does that sounds like a problem waiting to happen? 2019 seems to be a year of weirder ideas in sets, TLM2 has a spaceship with a roll of stickers that comes out of it intended to be wrapped around the minifigures, and city has working water pumps on firetrucks I could only imagine what else 2019 may see.....

Yeah I have reservations about that water pump, honestly I don't think it pumps actual water, I think it is an air pump that pushes out a rod shaped piece to simulate a stream of water. Using it to knock down the flame pieces. I guess we will see, I just can't imagine it shooting H2O all over everything, just makes no sense at all. 

It actually could be a two piece telescopic rod that automatically retracts when the bulb is done being squeezed. So you don't have to reload it after every shot. 

Edited by Johnny1360

27 minutes ago, Johnny1360 said:

Yeah I have reservations about that water pump, honestly I don't think it pumps actual water, I think it is an air pump that pushes out a rod shaped piece to simulate a stream of water. Using it to knock down the flame pieces. I guess we will see, I just can't imagine it shooting H2O all over everything, just makes no sense at all. 

It actually could be a two piece telescopic rod that automatically retracts when the bulb is done being squeezed. So you don't have to reload it after every shot. 

Ah yeah that makes for sense, kinda confusing how its advertised on the box. If its how you describe it then I think its a cool idea great for play much more then a lever on the fire itself. 

20 minutes ago, Nexogeek said:

Ah yeah that makes for sense, kinda confusing how its advertised on the box. If its how you describe it then I think its a cool idea great for play much more then a lever on the fire itself. 

If it did shoot real water then not only would it be messy but the stickers on the vehicles wouldn't last 5 minutes. :look: Even if is designed for shooting out plastic rods though, I bet it would still be possible to use the pumps to suck up and squirt real water. I can definitely imagine myself wanting to do that if I was a kid. :laugh:

8 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

If it did shoot real water then not only would it be messy but the stickers on the vehicles wouldn't last 5 minutes. :look: Even if is designed for shooting out plastic rods though, I bet it would still be possible to use the pumps to suck up and squirt real water. I can definitely imagine myself wanting to do that if I was a kid. :laugh:

Maybe, though I don’t think the rods can necessarily even be removed—they look to me more like they just telescope out, sort of like a lightsaber toy.

Lego does offer more waterproof stickers that they use for floating boat hulls, but it’d probably still be a bad idea for them to use real water features—even if they used those for all of the fire sets (which’d most likely be more expensive than normal stickers), that might only confuse kids into thinking their OTHER sets’ stickers would be waterproof as well.

2 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Maybe, though I don’t think the rods can necessarily even be removed—they look to me more like they just telescope out, sort of like a lightsaber toy.

In none of the pictures do the rods actually leave the pump, I think you and I are correct in thinking the rods are like a “lightsaber toy”. I’m surprised they didn’t take the spring shooter path and let the rods leave the pump? Strange.

32 minutes ago, J4ck said:

In none of the pictures do the rods actually leave the pump, I think you and I are correct in thinking the rods are like a “lightsaber toy”. I’m surprised they didn’t take the spring shooter path and let the rods leave the pump? Strange.

I don't think it strange at all, saves you from having to reload after every shot, as I pointed out in my previous post. 

Patrol Car, Police Helicopter look nice.

Kayak Adventure isn't bad either. 

City is not my main theme to collect so I prefer smaller sets.

Only thing that's really missing is a Police/Fire/Construction/(other) Starter Pack imo. (3-4 minifigs)

Edited by TeriXeri

1 hour ago, Johnny1360 said:

I don't think it strange at all, saves you from having to reload after every shot, as I pointed out in my previous post. 

That’s very true. I do find it interesting that they went for pump as opposed to spring. The other stud shooter, the one that shoots 1x1 round tiles looks awesome! I’m so happy Lego is investing in functional shooters, I think they brighten up sets. They are pioneering the sets. Loving these innovations.

Yes I too am interested in that other disc shooter, it almost appears to be rapid fire or multiple shots between loading. Also glad to see some variety coming to the shooter arsenal.

Gotta say, I'm really disappointed in 60239 Police Car. I was hoping to at least use the stickers to make my own 4 wide variant, but that hood sticker is just so large... I don't necessarily hate 6 wide builds, because Speed Champions has some amazing designs, but City 6 wide cars just don't have the budget to be good or unique. At least some of the Fire Trucks this year are really well done.

I love how Jet Patrol makes no sense. There's a thief stealing a gem from an airplane fuel tank because that makes sense. Better have the Sky Police buzz him, that'll show 'em!

2 hours ago, Yeow said:

...60239 Police Car. I was hoping to at least use the stickers to make my own 4 wide variant, but that hood sticker is just so large...

That car looks quite similar to the one in the current Police Station... Take a look. 

5 hours ago, AllanSmith said:

Sky Police Drone 60207. Is that a new pilots helmet with new visor and breathing mask?

*insert image here*

I don’t know about helmet, but certainly a new visor and breathing apparatus.

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

These sets are hilarious.

Way too over the top

Just how I like ‘em :wink:

6 hours ago, AllanSmith said:

Sky Police Drone 60207. Is that a new pilots helmet with new visor and breathing mask?

pilot.jpg

I love this! 

Also, the new roads-plates are posted, they look the same, just repackaged. Thanks Goodness! I wasn't looking forward to running out and buying more Straight/4 Way Intersection road-plates right away. 

42 minutes ago, J4ck said:

I don’t know about helmet, but certainly a new visor and breathing apparatus.

On a closer look and it appears the helmet and air mask are molded together.