TheArturro

Lego City 2019 - Rumours, Speculation and Discussion

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqZOxoVBWwl/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=k4nhrd3hbbak

A few more set images are showing up now on instagram of the fire station and burger bar. I get the feeling we are heading back to the future with more playable kid style city sets than the past few years where lego was aiming for more realistic vehicles. 

Edited by mikibrick

Nice! The set 60214 I like it a lot! Well the cannon us not the best thing to see, but the rest is just wonder, I will buy it for sure. 

The station 60215 - it is a must to have! IMHO it is one of best looking station so far in City line!

The new fire station does look pretty nice. Much smaller than the last fire station but hopefully that will make it a bit cheaper too. Shame it doesn't come with a fire engine. Looks like a fire car, drone and jet ski are the vehicles included.

I also quite like the little front loader vehicle. I know we've seen these countless times in LEGO City but this looks like a nice cheap little set. Looking forward to seeing the first images of "60239 Police Patrol Car". Hope this doesn't turn out to be another "4+" set.

60215 - there seems to be a new type of lifejacket on the firemen or did we already have it?

13 hours ago, legoboy3998 said:

At least here in the States, ski hills do have “snow cannons”. They are used to make “fake snow” when the temperature is low enough for snow, but Mother Nature does not produce real snow.

again, here in the States, we have fire trucks called “tillers” (often referred to as “hook and ladders” which are very similar to the one from the fire brigade set.  Though usually, the ladder turntable is at the front of the trailer and there is a cab at the rear of the trailer for the “tillerman” who steers the trailer axel to allow the truck to make much tighter turns.  A lot of bigger departments also have tractor trailer type fire trucks as large rescue trucks (they often resemble American style beverage trucks) or mobile command post trucks.

Sal

WFB, WI

two things:

1. I've never seen a snow machine attached to the back of a groomer. I've seen avalanche guns, usually small howitzers, but they typically aren't on groomers either and I don't think that's what they're going for here.
  2. I'm very familiar with the types of fire apparatus we have here in the US. You listed the exact reasons why I feel the fire truck is unrealistic.
Edited by CDM

That burger bar looks so much a modern take on the 1979 Snack Bar am I right ? 

So that squeeze bulb is for air or water ?

The fire station is nice and for a change it's down by the docks.

Then there is the rescue truck.......HELLO !

300px-Squad_51.jpg

Sold.....but that means I need more of those new axes to retro fit the last series of fire sets as the last fire station was more city central type and this new one is like I said down by the docks.

I'm kind of liking the Fire sets apart from the big bulky water cannons on some of them. The fire station set 60215, looks like an updated version of of 7240 from 2005. Its a kind of an in between station IMO, as going by the jet ski, I thought it was to cover a water area ie docks or river so could have been a water rescue stn and compliment 60213 Dockside fire, but the vehicle that comes with it is more akin to a wildfire truck, which could be to compliment the fire plane set, so its neither a water stn or wildfire stn.

There appears to be 4 different fire uniforms this time which is a bit strange but maybe to do with the roles each minifig does. The usual white shirt for the officers but then you have some in black, some in tan and some in an orange/yellow! 

Edited by scottwb2010

I noticed too the different uniforms might be a throw back to the 90's grey and black choices in fire fighting uniforms.

White usual means commander or chief. 

All the recent fire stations look awful, LEGO never takes any chances with them. I actually like the new one because it has side windows and walls, unlike  60110and pretty much every other one from the last 10-15 years.

White uniforms are for officers, black are fore fire fighters, orange are for ocean rescue. The last one I have no idea.

Edited by Maple

60214 Looks like a great engine aside from the swiveling rear half. Why on earth would it do that? Could be easily modified, i guess.

2 hours ago, Maple said:

All the recent fire stations look awful, LEGO never takes any chances with them. I actually like the new one because it has side windows and walls, unlike  60110and pretty much every other one from the last 10-15 years.

White uniforms are for officers, black are fore fire fighters, orange are for ocean rescue. The last one I have no idea.

I don't really mind City fire stations too much as far as aesthetics go. They typically fit the "City Fire" design language and have some nice architectural flourishes even if they're fundamentally more play-oriented than display-oriented.

The new one does strike me as a bit of a letdown since one of my favorite aspects of LEGO fire stations is their tendency to feel at least somewhat more livable than other City buildings. Most of the time that means either a bedroom or a kitchen, although rarely both. This one, a bit frustratingly, has neither, instead opting for a TV lounge.

But of course, some of that (like the lack of a second garage or the presence of a smaller drone rather than a helicopter) is an understandable consequence of this set seemingly having a lower price point than the previous fire station set due to the Downtown Fire Brigade taking the station's usual place as the flagship set of the Fire subtheme. On that level, I think LEGO did a pretty good job finding ways for this one to stand out from its predecessors even while having to cut down on some of their features.

One thing that surprised me is that the new function element with the air pump is seemingly not a launcher — some of the pics of the burger bar show a transparent light blue bar that extends outward from it sort of like a toy lightsaber. But to be honest I kind of like this, as compared to the various shooter-based water cannons we've seen in City fire sets, this feels a bit more believable as spraying a powerful stream of water, rather than just little splashes. It also helps to justify it being a separate piece from the new multi-shot tile shooter in some of the other sets… particularly since the latter seems to have more cross-theme versatility as stuff like laser cannons or energy blasters in sci-fi and action-adventure sets.

1 hour ago, CDM said:

60214 Looks like a great engine aside from the swiveling rear half. Why on earth would it do that? Could be easily modified, i guess.

Google "Hook and ladder truck". They're a pretty common style of fire engine, particularly in the United States.

1 hour ago, CDM said:

Oh weird! Don't know how I made that mistake, must have misread the set number on the box or something. Wonder if there are real fire engines with a design like 60214, though.

20 minutes ago, Aanchir said:

Wonder if there are real fire engines with a design like 60214, though.

I've never seen one but I guess it's possible. It seems like the functionality exists solely to rotate the water cannon. Really strange.

Ok the 60215 Fire House and 60214 Burger Bar sets are definately my favorite 2 2019 Fire sets now that I've seen multiple pictures of both.

I like the compact style of this Fire Station and it's still decently closed up on the sides.

Edited by TeriXeri

I like how the fire sets have more realistic builds this time around. The burger joint and Downtown Brigade are particularly nice, I always love a good side build building structure. Firetion doesn't impress me all that much (which one is this?). Too bad the sky police things will come and bring City down a notch in terms of my like of the theme.

On 11/19/2018 at 8:47 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

EXACTLY! I mean, wouldn't a Classic Spaceship been right at home within such a line, given its Juniors-like color scheme and simplicity? :shrug_oh_well:

Oh the irony... :laugh:

LEGO-Movie-2-70821-Emmet-and-Benny%E2%80

12 hours ago, CDM said:

Yeah basically a tank turret with elevating cannon, very odd indeed. Change the colors and it looks more like a military vehicle. 

19 hours ago, Eaglefan344 said:

New fire station looks awful. Very glad I picked up 60110.

I have 60110  & 60004 and while both look nice, the 60110 is giving me a very hard time while playing with it, whit my son, and how many times it got turn a part during moving it... It turns me mad. The 60004 does not have that issue, you can pick it up in one peace something that you cannot do with 60110. 

The new one 60215 look very compact similar to 7240 and brings quite nice amount of payability in my opinion. 

Regards

Well, after seeing the first pictures I am really upset,

that LEGO won't continue with the City Starter Packs!

The Harvester on the other hand is fantastic!

2 minutes ago, brimbolet said:

The Harvester on the other hand is fantastic!

I really like the Harvester too. Just been looking at some new images that show the back of the packaging. It shows what the set looks like with the harvester placed on to the back of the trailer. It looks very good in my opinion.

On 11/22/2018 at 5:49 PM, brimbolet said:

....LEGO won't continue with the City Starter Packs..

I think there was s one in Sky Police, but might be wrong

On 11/23/2018 at 5:49 AM, brimbolet said:

LEGO won't continue with the City Starter Packs!

Not all of the sets have been leaked. We haven't seen the Sky Police sets beyond poorly photographed prelims, and there could easily be more City Fire ones.