TheArturro

Lego City 2019 - Rumours, Speculation and Discussion

If pictures are leaking right now , for sure the official images will come out soon . 

All this sets have to be ready for sale by the end of this month ! 

Edited by danimarroquin

2 hours ago, hummer3524 said:

Found this on youtube                  

I see you are a new member, just a heads up you aren't aloud to put links/photos of leaked sets on eurobricks. Only discussion of it till official images are released. 

Edited by Nexogeek

There is indeed a clip on youtube with some new city, star wars and creator catalogue images.

Set 60223 (harvester transporter) looks very, very good and will be a great add-on to last years forest traktor and the farm theme from almost a decade ago... Cool

17 hours ago, paul_delahaye said:

On the up side, I'm loving they have bought back the Light & Sound brand name, I just hope the technology is as compact as it used to be.  The image almost looks like the light brick is 6 x 2 x 1 stud in size, which would be hard to incorporate into most designs.

6x2x1 is remarkably compact if it turns out that the light element, sound element, and battery are all integrated in the piece rather than having a separate battery box like the classic 80s "Light and Sound System". Especially considering that the previous independent light bricks and sound bricks were 2x3x1.33 and 2x4x2.

That said, I agree that between the size and having all those electrical components packed together in one brick, it will be probably be less versatile for non-City MOCs than the 9V system's 1x2/1x4 light bricks and 2x2 sound bricks, since it will presumably only be particularly suited to uses as emergency lights and siren/klaxon rather than being able to mix and match lights and sounds from different sets. Light colors and sounds suitable for other uses would depend on LEGO releasing separate versions of the brick with different color/sound/light sequence combinations.

21 hours ago, paul_delahaye said:

On the up side, I'm loving they have bought back the Light & Sound brand name, I just hope the technology is as compact as it used to be.  The image almost looks like the light brick is 6 x 2 x 1 stud in size, which would be hard to incorporate into most designs.

Do they? Where do you have this information from..? That would be awesome but I really doubt it.

So far all except the Sky Police are fantastic set ideas, well designed and thought out. The new police subtheme not so, not a fan of it.......seriously jetpacks and jet fighters in police forces.......where in the world does that happen ? I feel it's more an Agents or sci-fi theme not one for city, but that's just my opinion.

I only to see the garbage truck and fire sets to see if 2019 is going to be a boom or bust for Lego City.

1 hour ago, 9v brickmaster said:

Where are these leak city pictures can't find them please help

Use Google and YouTube, note they it is not so good to openly ask for them here....

20 hours ago, AOW said:

Use Google and YouTube, note they it is not so good to openly ask for them here....

asking for them is not the problem... everyone here wants them... but you will nog get them here.

Lego doesn't want them to leak. so on EB there will be no leaks

I'm not too thrilled about the Sky Police theme, though I will admit I would have thought differently when I was a kid. So this is probably just a case of not being the target audience.

I don't have room for much so the only set I'll get from this wave will probably be the diving boat. Looks solid but nothing special. Harvester transport looks good but I don't really have room for it in my city.

ok , so just saw the video on youtube  with the preliminary pictures and here are my thoughts :

the fire plane its just a remake of the old set plus a extra tree .

the burger place looks decent and includes a very well design European fire truck with a imaginary super turret water basuca on top . nothing realistic !

the police air base has a very wimpy and cheap structure with a decent plane , but the same old cockpit nose mold that needs to improve “ we  really need to improve the aircraft on Lego world  " includes a  parachute that actually  looks really  good .

the building and fire truck looks amazing ! with a huge fire truck , decent construction crane and a huge building ! looks like a really great set . " trying to copy the lego ideas set but in a budget set " 

the harvester transport its the highlight of the city wave . The   harvester its a decent size and not as big as the 2010 set includes a scare crow mini fig that looks amazing . The looks  confirm that this its a corn field harvester , and comes with a good looking truck in blue . not bad at all , but only 1 minifig .........  

This are just preliminary pics , will check the improvemts on the official images . 

Edited by danimarroquin

8 hours ago, SollX said:

asking for them is not the problem... everyone here wants them... but you will nog get them here.

Lego doesn't want them to leak. so on EB there will be no leaks

Why are you quoting me, did I posted any of such pictures, did I provided with a direct link to them?

Nope, I said to use Uncle Google or YouTube to find them there, and if you would follow it up it actually has been pointed quite directly where to look for them few pages back, and it was not me.

Regards

Thank you all very much for the info! :classic:

I really like the Front Loader, the Diving Yacht, the Pisten Bully, the new Fire Plane set and - apart from the massive water cannon - the Burger Bar set. :thumbup:

The Corn Harvester Transport and the Firefighters In City are two completely amazing sets and must-haves! :wub:

I personally don't care about the light & sound function - for an AFOL it doesn't make much sense but does only raise the price. :sceptic:

But apart from the flagship set, the Sky Police theme is really wasting capacity! It has absolutely nothing to do with for what City stands for - namely representing our world today. In contrast the new Sky Police theme is a crossover between a SciFi theme and a Superheros theme. And that although there would have been so many great ideas for a (different) new Police subtheme: There hasn't been any Winter Police yet, we haven't had a Harbor / Water Police since more than two decades and the last Special Forces were released back in 2013. So why releasing a completely unrealistic theme?! Bad job, TLG! :thumbdown:

On 11/5/2018 at 6:41 AM, Robert8 said:

This is a leak from the 2020 City police line:Image result for lego movie robot cop

:laugh:

On 11/5/2018 at 10:21 PM, AntiKragle said:

I think the Sky Police, diving yacht and Harvester may rule out Airport, Divers and Farm as summer sub-themes.  So perhaps Space again and hopefully a harbour/dockland. 

I agree with you that they rule out Airport, Divers and Farm as whole themes. But remember this year (2018) when there was the rescue copter in the Great Vehicles theme in winter and then the hospital was released in summer? So it could be the same with the harvester: There could be a big farm set including farm buildings, tractor and trailer and some other agricultural vehicle(s) in summer - at least I really hope so. Plus I completely agree that there should be a harbor theme - the last one was released back in 2011!

8 hours ago, danimarroquin said:

The looks  confirm that this its a corn field harvester , and comes with a good looking truck in blue . not bad at all , but only 1 minifig ......... 

Nope, there are supposably three minifigs: truck driver (man with brown jacket), harvester driver (sitting inside the harvester behind the window) and scarecrow (which is in the prelim picture brick built, but we know that the final version is the farmer's outfit with scarecrow face).

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

I hope there'll be a farm. I really want to have a farm in my village. I'm going to put it on one, maybe two baseplates and have it on a separate shelf above the rest of it. C'mon, Lego, help me out here. 

13 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

we haven't had a Harbor / Water Police since more than two decades

That's a bit of an exaggeration, the last real police boat was released in 2016: https://brickset.com/sets/60129-1/Police-Patrol-Boat

And this year we had this: https://brickset.com/sets/60176-1/Wild-River-Escape

That being said, the sky police team seems a bit far fetched to me too, in terms of realistic sets. But these sets are primarily aimed at kids and as such I can see the play appeal of a sky police theme. I for one remember playing for days with GI Joe parachute troopers at a friends house who could afford multiple of them and had a balcony. 

Buddy and I just got our hands on 60221 Diving Yacht in a local store here in Ottawa, Canada. The store had:

60216 Fire Brigade

60213 Dockside Fire

60222 Snow Groomer

60218 Desert Rally Racer

60223 Harvester Transport

Funny how it is nearly impossible to find them anywhere online but the local store here had them all!?

Edited by sens1992

29 minutes ago, sens1992 said:

Buddy and I just got our hands on 60221 Diving Yacht in a local store here in Ottawa, Canada. The store had:

60216 Fire Brigade

60213 Dockside Fire

60222 Snow Groomer

60218 Desert Rally Racer

60223 Harvester Transport

Funny how it is nearly impossible to find them anywhere online but the local store here had them all!?

Um, do you have pictures? :distressed:

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

Um, do you have pictures? :distressed:

I do but I am unable to upload them here. I tried and it won’t let me.

Just now, sens1992 said:

I do but I am unable to upload them here. I tried and it won’t let me.

Which image hosting site are you using?

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

Which image hosting site are you using?

None, was just trying to upload them on here (not sure if that is allowed). I can send you the photos in private if you want.